GDT: big strong western studs ravage weak hockey boys from carolina, dozens of voyeurs watch

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Since the last time the Canes made the playoffs. I've been in 3 different jobs, had 2 dogs, lived in 4 different cities, and gone from just a steady drinker to one of the most respected home brewers in NC to professional brewer. Still no wife though, kinda jaded on that **** after my ex.

I'm sure this is in the drinking thread, but what is your brand or beer that you brew? Is it available in other areas in NC?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Since the last time the Canes made the playoffs. I've been in 3 different jobs, had 2 dogs, lived in 4 different cities, and gone from just a steady drinker to one of the most respected home brewers in NC to professional brewer. Still no wife though, kinda jaded on that **** after my ex.

okcupid or match.com. Message as many girls that you find attractive as possible. Go on as many dates as possible and get them to pay their half. Half will go home with you the other half won't. One of them is bound to end up being your wife. Sound strategy. Strictly a number games brah. It's how I found my wife.

Discuss.............?

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
okcupid or match.com. Message as many girls that you find attractive as possible. Go on as many dates as possible and get them to pay their half. Half will go home with you the other half won't. One of them is bound to end up being your wife. Sound strategy. Strictly a number games brah. It's how I found my wife.

Discuss.............?
i cant believe this has to be said, but please never go on an internet date with the intention of tying up a woman to make her your wife, it's not legal

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Oh man.... I’ve been a Whalers/Canes fan religiously since 1989... 28 years...this is sad...only 8 years of playoff hockey

Never actually done that math until just now....ouch
I'm with this fella.

Also met, married and divorced my first wife, met and live with my gf of three years, two vehicles, two new jobs and moved from Denver to Ft Collins since our last playoffs. Been to every Canes game in CO since as well.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Hmm, since the last playoffs, went from rental townhouse to apartment to buying a house. Got a degree. Got a dog. Got married. Got laid off twice, had three different jobs. Had one kidney transplant fail and received another. Had a baby.

Canes hockey. That depressing thing that happens between the big moments in your life.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Hey JCLA... getting the picture?

I appreciate that you're excited about the team's prospects. But in a league where more than 50% of the teams go to the playoffs, the fact that we've missed 8 years in a row isn't just chance and bad luck.

(0.5)^8 = 0.0039. That's 0.4 percent.

If it were just math, and the NHL picked sixteen teams out of a hat every year to go to the playoffs, there's a 99.6% that we'd have been in the playoffs at least once by now.

But that's not how it works. It's not random. It's decisions.

We root for this team, God help us, and we watch *years* of our lives go by, hoping that it'll get better, hoping they'll make better decisions.

Hey, maybe this year is different.

I admire your optimism. I used to be that way. Maybe I will be again.

But I'm not optimistic now. And I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Hmm, since the last playoffs, went from rental townhouse to apartment to buying a house. Got a degree. Got a dog. Got married. Got laid off twice, had three different jobs. Had one kidney transplant fail and received another. Had a baby.

Canes hockey. That depressing thing that happens between the big moments in your life

I think we found the 2018 marketing campaign boys!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad