GDT: big strong western studs ravage weak hockey boys from carolina, dozens of voyeurs watch

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
How are we doom and glooming after a shootout win?

Fresh off a stinky against the Rangers, a disappointing game vs. TOR, 22 games in and second to last in the Metro, an uncomfortable goalie situation, lack of offense from guys like Rask and Faulk. Although Rask may turn it around here soon. That's all I got.

Big picture-wise we're still fine. Except for the sky falling with every loss moving forward.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Noah Hanifin's Points Per 60 minutes (5v5) is the highest in the league among D (>300 minutes played).

Noah Hanifin = 1.75 P/60
Erik Karlsson = 1.67 P/60

Hanifin also only has one multi-point game all year (2 points). Very consistent production. He is so much more palatable when he is producing offense like he has.

Last edited:

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Fresh off a stinky against the Rangers, a disappointing game vs. TOR, 22 games in and second to last in the Metro, an uncomfortable goalie situation, lack of offense from guys like Rask and Faulk. Although Rask may turn it around here soon. That's all I got.

Big picture-wise we're still fine. Except for the sky falling with every loss moving forward.

yet four points out of the wild card with two games in hand

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
yet four points out of the wild card with two games in hand

Which is the same thing as "win 2 and you're in."

Negative goal differential. Toughest conference in the league. Below average goaltending that was supposed to be much improved -- our "starter" is at .901, our "backup" is at .907. $15m below the cap.

Can things improve? Sure, theoretically. But we're 22 games in. That's a big enough sample size, and the problems are the same as they've been since, oh, forever.

Pardon me for not being excited about these stiffs. Show me something.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Which is the same thing as "win 2 and you're in."

Negative goal differential. Toughest conference in the league. Below average goaltending that was supposed to be much improved -- our "starter" is at .901, our "backup" is at .907. $15m below the cap.

Can things improve? Sure, theoretically. But we're 22 games in. That's a big enough sample size, and the problems are the same as they've been since, oh, forever.

Pardon me for not being excited about these stiffs. Show me something.

Ahh, the 22 games into the season and done with the team post.

We're 22 games in and 4 points out of a playoff spot with games in hand. Yes you have to win the games but, i just don't see the point in being negative over something you have no control over

Last edited:

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
You know. One day I was at the italian joint at crabtree. I see this dude waiting for his meal at pick up. I can't put a face to the name but know deep down he probably was a Hurricane. It was Noah Hanifin. He looked at me and I looked at him as if he was anticipating me coming up to him knowing who he was. true story.

Reactions: Hulkacaniac

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Ahh, the 22 games into the season and done with the team post

Spare me, junior. You joined this board fifteen minutes ago. I've given literally tens of thousands of dollars of my own money to this team over the past decade when a bunch of wiser people have stayed the f*** away. I think I've more than earned the right to look at this team realistically.

I'm not "done with this team". If they want to prove they're for real, they can do it by going out and winning a long string of games. You know, like actual playoff teams do. LIKE THE f***ING VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS DID.

Until then, the facts are: not currently in playoff position, negative goal differential, second cheapest team in the league, bad goaltending.

If you want to be impressed by their recent 1-2-0 record, good for you.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Noah Hanifin's Points Per 60 minutes (5v5) is the highest in the league among D.

Noah Hanifin = 1.75 P/60
Erik Karlsson = 1.67 P/60

Hanifin also only has one multi-point game all year (2 points). Very consistent production. He is so much more palatable when he is producing offense like he has.

Sooo Hanfin for Bozak? Keep in mind Bozak is averaging 1 PPG at PNC arena this year.

Or maybe do Hanfin + 1st for the amazing 2 PPG JVR because Leafs fans logic.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Ahh, the 22 games into the season and done with the team post.

We're 22 games in and 4 points out of a playoff spot with games in hand. Yes you have to win the games but I really don't understand the pessimism

Think about 2 season where they had to win the final game of the season to go to the playoffs and failed to show up.
Think of last season being only 3 points out at thanksgiving, having some games in hand, crawling back into the race only to fail.

The team has made the playoffs 1 time in 11 seasons and some of the same issues exist with this team that have existed for a few years. I can fully understand why some fans are pessimistic. Until they show they can do it, people will remain skeptical.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Spare me, junior. You joined this board fifteen minutes ago. I've given literally tens of thousands of dollars of my own money to this team over the past decade when a bunch of wiser people have stayed the **** away. I think I've more than earned the right to look at this team realistically.

I'm not "done with this team". If they want to prove they're for real, they can do it by going out and winning a long string of games. You know, like actual playoff teams do.

If you want to be impressed by their recent 1-2-0 record, good for you.

Which makes you the ultimate fan and me, the junior, having made no investment into this team.

And what does when i joined this board have anything to do with my fandom of the team? I've rooted for the team for past decade as well.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Which makes you the ultimate fan and me, the junior, having made no investment into this team.

And what does when i joined this board have anything to do with my fandom of the team? I've rooted for the team for past decade as well.

It means you don't get to assess my fandom. I'm not questioning your bona fides; I'm informing you of my own.

I've been you, Pollyanna. For a decade. I'm f***ing tired of it.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Furthermore: I'm the canary in the coal mine.

I'm the perpetually renewing Season Ticket Holder. Oh, I'm sorry, Season Ticket Member! Since we don't own tickets anymore, dontchaknow. We merely license them at the pleasure of the team, and can't resell them without express permission.

If they don't make the playoffs this season, I'm not renewing. And there aren't a lot of us left.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Think about 2 season where they had to win the final game of the season to go to the playoffs and failed to show up.
Think of last season being only 3 points out at thanksgiving, having some games in hand, crawling back into the race only to fail.

The team has made the playoffs 1 time in 11 seasons and some of the same issues exist with this team that have existed for a few years. I can fully understand why some fans are pessimistic. Until they show they can do it, people will remain skeptical.

Think about the '06 season and the year after. Previous seasons have no real effect on the current season. I'm not going to go all doom and gloom 22 games into the season with the playoffs still very well in reach. Save that for the Buffalo and Arizona fans who have no chance at the playoffs

But that makes me a junior polyanna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad