OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
it's so damn hot. There are roughly 20 sqft of shade on Neville island. I love the idea of running outside vs the gym, but man do I wish I had AC with me today.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
it's so damn hot. There are roughly 20 sqft of shade on Neville island. I love the idea of running outside vs the gym, but man do I wish I had AC with me today.

Perfect weather. Played tennis all weekend. Lifted. I love hot/muggy. Love it. f*** rain and f*** all that cold winter garbage.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Perfect weather. Played tennis all weekend. Lifted. I love hot/muggy. Love it. **** rain and **** all that cold winter garbage.
I much prefer 60s and 70s over 80s or 90s. I certainly like summer over winter, but Spring and Autumn are the best.

Also, I don't understand how anyone could ever like humidity. Ugh.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I much prefer 60s and 70s over 80s or 90s. I certainly like summer over winter, but Spring and Autumn are the best.

Also, I don't understand how anyone could ever like humidity. Ugh.

Our differences make me laugh. But that's the beauty of the world. Everyone can have different takes/likes/etc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Our differences make me laugh. But that's the beauty of the world. Everyone can have different takes/likes/etc.
I just want to die when it's this hot/muggy. It's great for a few minutes or if I'm just hanging out outside, but I just sweat so damn much and get dehydrated. I drank about 24 ounces of water by the end of two miles and still felt a bit woozy at the end.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just want to die when it's this hot/muggy. It's great for a few minutes or if I'm just hanging out outside, but I just sweat so damn much and get dehydrated. I drank about 24 ounces of water by the end of two miles and still felt a bit woozy at the end.

For the record - appreciate your dedication to running, but hydration starts waaaaaay before the run.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Was it Miller Light? :sarcasm:
psh, still avoiding most carbs so it's rare that I drink any beer right now. I'm done worrying about any number of carbs that come from vegetables though, because it just seems stupid to worry about eating too much cauliflower or onion :laugh:

But I'm about 20 lbs away from hitting 200 for the first time in about 15 years.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
psh, still avoiding most carbs so it's rare that I drink any beer right now. I'm done worrying about any number of carbs that come from vegetables though, because it just seems stupid to worry about eating too much cauliflower or onion :laugh:

But I'm about 20 lbs away from hitting 200 for the first time in about 15 years.

f***ing right man. Kill it. Stay dedicated or else @UnrealMachine and @Honour Over Glory will kick your ass.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
****ing right man. Kill it. Stay dedicated or else @UnrealMachine and @Honour Over Glory will kick your ass.
ugh I'm trying. These kinds of holidays are always the worst for keto because I just want a burger and fries so bad. It's just impossible to eat Keto at other people's events without taking my own food. We had lunch ordered in twice last week at work, and are having it again tuesday, and I just can't eat any of it. And then people look at me like I'm an asshole for turning down the lunch they bought us :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
ugh I'm trying. These kinds of holidays are always the worst for keto because I just want a burger and fries so bad. It's just impossible to eat Keto at other people's events without taking my own food. We had lunch ordered in twice last week at work, and are having it again tuesday, and I just can't eat any of it. And then people look at me like I'm an ******* for turning down the lunch they bought us :laugh:

Man just go for a walk for an hour each day, pop in the head phones or an audio book and just start. We need more crotchety old bastards here to last a while.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
ugh I'm trying. These kinds of holidays are always the worst for keto because I just want a burger and fries so bad. It's just impossible to eat Keto at other people's events without taking my own food. We had lunch ordered in twice last week at work, and are having it again tuesday, and I just can't eat any of it. And then people look at me like I'm an ******* for turning down the lunch they bought us :laugh:

Have the burger, skip the fries and the bun, hit the crudités, and bam! It's on!

9T2SwtS.gif

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When it comes to people offering food (work, birthdays, holidays, etc) - I simply just say no. I found it to be the easiest thing to do. I politely just tell them I'm very strict about what i'm allowed to eat and appreciate their kindness of making/offering food. I make sure I have my protein before or after. IF there is a healthy alternative where I am, then i choose it. But 99/100 times I just say no thank you kindly and tell them i appreciate their kindness.

It's not the only way to do it, but when you are committed to your fitness journey, it just is easier. But ultimately it just comes down to what makes you happy and what you prefer. If i'm going to waste calories on a treat, i'm picking specifically what i want. And dammit it will be pizza or french fries. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've started to slow down with losing weight recently, but that's mostly because I realized I'd rather enjoy myself than not eat enough and drop like 2 pounds a week. I've still been losing weight, but it's not as fast as what you'd expect when I'm working out as much as I am. I've biked 202 miles in the last 4 weeks and I also do cardio workouts at the gym 6 nights a week, but I'm just not losing weight that fast because I've become very relaxed with my calorie watching.

Honestly, I've reached the point where I don't think it makes much of a difference, so I'd rather just relax my calorie counting and just work out because I enjoy working out. I wanted to reach 200 by the time I started working in July (I'm at like 206 or 207 right now), but I realized there's not any difference if I hit 200 or if I'm at 203 instead. They're just numbers at that point. It doesn't matter if I'm losing 2 pounds a week or 1 pound a week, as long as I'm not adding weight, I'm fine with it.

And as I type this, I'm about to head out on a 16 or so mile bike ride. I don't usually go this far when it's this warm outside, so let's see how it goes.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My athletes foot has flared up again. I want to take a ****ing cheese grater to my toes :mad:

All this talk about food, and then Clare posts this.

Everybody else: "Oh my God, guys. I had the most amazing steak dinner, followed by the most delicious chocolate cake"

Clare: "Is it normal for my poop to be that shade of green?"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is all about how you feel. Weight, like age, is just a number

Yeah exactly, the sooner you realize this, the better you feel when working out. When it's all about weight and results, you get discouraged if you're not losing weight as fast as you want.

And on the athletes foot thing, @Ogrezilla just think about that when you're at your cookouts. You won't want to eat anything :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Man just go for a walk for an hour each day, pop in the head phones or an audio book and just start. We need more crotchety old bastards here to last a while.
I walk the dogs about a mile or two every day, and then I run 2 to 3 miles 3 or 4 days a week with ultimate frisbee 2 of the other days a week. I'm pretty good for the exercise part I think.
Have the burger, skip the fries and the bun, hit the crudités, and bam! It's on!

9T2SwtS.gif
yeah but the bun and the fries are sooooooooooo good :laugh: but yeah that's what I'm doing, I just hate it.

When it comes to people offering food (work, birthdays, holidays, etc) - I simply just say no. I found it to be the easiest thing to do. I politely just tell them I'm very strict about what i'm allowed to eat and appreciate their kindness of making/offering food. I make sure I have my protein before or after. IF there is a healthy alternative where I am, then i choose it. But 99/100 times I just say no thank you kindly and tell them i appreciate their kindness.

It's not the only way to do it, but when you are committed to your fitness journey, it just is easier. But ultimately it just comes down to what makes you happy and what you prefer. If i'm going to waste calories on a treat, i'm picking specifically what i want. And dammit it will be pizza or french fries. :laugh:
I've been doing more of that for sure. But sometimes it's hard, like when I'm visiting someone for a whole day or a work lunch where if I don't know ahead of time I just don't have a lunch. It's especially weird when I'm traveling for work and it's a customer offering me food and I have to explain that I CAN eat bread/pasta etc, I just don't :laugh:
Yeah exactly, the sooner you realize this, the better you feel when working out. When it's all about weight and results, you get discouraged if you're not losing weight as fast as you want.

And on the athletes foot thing, @Ogrezilla just think about that when you're at your cookouts. You won't want to eat anything :laugh:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Some people can get weirdly offended by that. I don’t want the cake that you made that doesn’t even look good, Carol. I’m vain and fairly healthy, and I will just pick at it until I can dispose of it.

The best part of summer is my lower appetite.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Guys, plateauing is a real thing, its not just something us Gym rats talk about in annoyance. It's a legitimate thing. That means your body needs to change things up, start looking at new workouts.

I will never not recommend Athlean-X as a bible for your workout needs and understand as well as bodybuilding.com to learn about new workout programs and how to do them correctly goes hand in hand with their videos and if you want a deeper explanation, google it in youtube under Athlean-X's video's.

Godspeed my moobie'd friends.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad