OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I really loved the alien design in Arrival. Sicario started out so promising and petered out a bit towards the end, but I enjoyed it overall. Prisoners and Incendies are the best things he's done IMO.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I really loved the alien design in Arrival. Sicario started out so promising and petered out a bit towards the end, but I enjoyed it overall. Prisoners and Incendies are the best things he's done IMO.
I just didn't really care for the time travel aspect. Agreed about Sicario petering out a bit too.

I'll have to get to the others.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just re-watched Stranger Things on Netflix, the new season comes out in about 3 days, glad I did, I don't remember half the stuff in this series and would have hated trying to re-watch with the 2nd season spoilers everywhere.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
She's the captain now.

I've pretty much lost the battle of wills. Last 24 hours has been the multiple expressions of the 'will you still love me if I pee on the carpet instead of outside' phase (she's grown from the puppy pic, but the eyes haven't changed):

upload_2017-10-24_15-57-42.jpeg

Thank god she turns 2 on Thursday, because no way her 'terrible twos' can be any more challenging. :towel:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah. Those eyes are all-time get-out-of-shit-free cards, alright.

My cousin has a Frenchie but it isn't half that cute.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah. Those eyes are all-time get-out-of-****-free cards, alright.

My cousin has a Frenchie but it isn't half that cute.

My wife picked her because she looked like the Frenchie girl we lost to cancer when she was seven and a half. There are some eerie personality similarities.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Here's a pic of Lexi's big sister Madison from when we lived in Australia. When she stares at you, she'll stare a hole in you. :laugh:

upload_2017-10-24_16-15-6.jpeg

This one is an Aussie Shepherd-Rottie mix who was found abandoned under our car by our old French bulldog. 5 pounds, worms, cold weather . . . we rescued with intent to find someone to adopt here, and she just kind of stayed, turned 8 years old two weeks ago.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
...I'm liking the fact that you guys found such a wonderful new pupper friend. Not the fact that you lost your last one to cancer.

I mean... not that that really needs to be explained, I guess. Unless I come off as a total psycho, or something.

EDIT: We used to have an Aussie mix. One of the greatest doggos I've ever known.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
...I'm liking the fact that you guys found such a wonderful new pupper friend. Not the fact that you lost your last one to cancer.

I mean... not that that really needs to be explained, I guess. Unless I come off as a total psycho, or something.

EDIT: We used to have an Aussie mix. One of the greatest doggos I've ever known.

My old Frenchie was insecure aggressive. Totally in the Aussie mixes face. Madison just wanted to play, didn't care if she was being bossed around. Most submissive dog you'll see. Second my Frenchie passed, it was like 'hold it, you mean I get to boss around other doggies'. So, she acts like a Frenchie with other dogs. In their face, yapping, deep voice and teeth showing, but her tail is going bonkers because she thinks it's the same game, just she gets to be the boss.

She does that with Lexi, our next Frenchie. And Lexi doesn't care. Play, play, play non stop. She nips at Madison's heels to get her to go.

Priceless. And an unholy terror. :laugh:

EDIT: I understood what you meant, BlindWilly.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
An update/me needing to get this out there:

I mentioned about 3 months back that the chick I had interest in had a girlfriend. Since then we've hung out off and on. This includes going to the Zoo Brew together and me meeting her parents and coworkers. Lately she's been texting me til she basically falls asleep. Last Wednesday we did Bloomfield Bridge tavern for the last time.

This past Saturday night we were drinking and things took a turn for the serious. She said that she's decided that she's not gay (not even bi), but still has a girlfriend, and has interest in me. We chatted about that a bit with me encouraging her to do what she wants, but urged her to break up with her girlfriend as soon as possible. And then we went back to my place. Nothing serious happened.

I hope she breaks up with her girlfriend soon. :confused:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
An update/me needing to get this out there:

I mentioned about 3 months back that the chick I had interest in had a girlfriend. Since then we've hung out off and on. This includes going to the Zoo Brew together and me meeting her parents and coworkers. Lately she's been texting me til she basically falls asleep. Last Wednesday we did Bloomfield Bridge tavern for the last time.

This past Saturday night we were drinking and things took a turn for the serious. She said that she's decided that she's not gay (not even bi), but still has a girlfriend, and has interest in me. We chatted about that a bit with me encouraging her to do what she wants, but urged her to break up with her girlfriend as soon as possible. And then we went back to my place. Nothing serious happened.

I hope she breaks up with her girlfriend soon. :confused:

Just my 2 cents on this...

I think you telling her that you are interested is as far as it should go, telling her what to do, probably not the best idea because if she gets into a relationship with you and then suddenly feels like she's having doubts, she's going to blame you for forcing her to make a decision and that it wasn't her choice, like with most people, it has to be their decision. It definitely seems like she's conflicted, just realized she's not the sexual orientation she thought she was, but she has to 100% feel like that is the right choice, just so you can move forward with her and not have that ever come up. So maybe reiterate that, just something like - "Hey, I want to make sure you feel like you are making the best decision for yourself, something you can live with and not look back on and say 'Well, was it my decision?' so please really think this through, you know my place in this, I want an 'Us'.." - Something to that extent, blah blah.

Just looking out for you dude.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Speaking of pets, I have two cats and I just spent almost $400 on bowls for them lol. Their water bowl is a water fountain with filters and such. My wife had to pick the most expensive one($115).

Their food bowl has a camera, mic and speaker and I can feed them from my phone. ($250).

We go away on weekends a lot and my sister in law doesn't live with us anymore so needing to get someone to come and feed the cats was getting annoying. We also get to feed them smaller portions 4 times a day so they don't eat all their food in 4 hours and then starve for 8 hours when we fed them twice a day. People will probably think I'm crazy for spending that kind of money on bowls but when your cats are your kids I don't think it's crazy.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Speaking of pets, I have two cats and I just spent almost $400 on bowls for them lol. Their water bowl is a water fountain with filters and such. My wife had to pick the most expensive one($115).

Their food bowl has a camera, mic and speaker and I can feed them from my phone. ($250).

We go away on weekends a lot and my sister in law doesn't live with us anymore so needing to get someone to come and feed the cats was getting annoying. We also get to feed them smaller portions 4 times a day so they don't eat all their food in 4 hours and then starve for 8 hours when we fed them twice a day. People will probably think I'm crazy for spending that kind of money on bowls but when your cats are your kids I don't think it's crazy.

I didn't even know such bowls exist...I may have to consider doing the same...damn it.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
DM7UI7jVwAAmue5.jpg:large

This is one of my cats trying to figure out where I am when I called her into "the kids room".

That’s the options the app gives you once you clicked on video. Some minor cons I’ve noticed so far is that I can’t feed them from the video screen, have to go back. The talking is like a walkie talkie. You can’t hear while you’re talking. You have to actually hit a button to listen. I guess that probably saves data/bandwith since if I’m just looking at the video and they aren’t in the room. So far so good though other than that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I had a nanny cam for my dog when I had a friend house sit to take care of my dog. They are family. Anyone that thinks that is messed up should go f*** themselves.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I might have bought another guitar. But I really, really needed this one. I swear.

Oaba2k4.jpg

And with her older brother...

0dp9LQO.jpg

Gibson LP 2016 Traditional T in Desert Burst.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Stranger Things 2, yes.

Wolfenstein...they still make that game? I remember playing that on the computer in the 80's.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I played Breath of the Wild on my Wii U, I am buying a Switch and Mario Odyssey tomorrow. Did Nintendo really just release two of the greatest games of all time in one year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad