GDT: Beware the Penguin, (@ Flames) October 25, 7 PM Sportsnet / RDR2 Release Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Eh, it doesn't matter that we lost 9-1. We took a good start to the game and threw it away because we aren't willing to stick with it through tough times. The exact amount we lost by doesn't really matter in the grand scheme unless we need the tiebreaker at the end of the year.

Hopefully Peters works some magic to get the team refocused. With the same start, hopefully better goaltending and finishing, it'll be a different story on Saturday. If we mope about it and keep playing carelessly in the defensive end, it'll be the same.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
This is the kind of browbeating that someone gets fired or traded over. It absolutely matters that we lost 9-1.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is the kind of browbeating that someone gets fired or traded over. It absolutely matters that we lost 9-1.
Boston lost 7-0 to Washington and they're doing fine.

This isn't the norm for the Flames (thankfully). If it is, you make a big change.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The defense has been suspect, Huska may have not been the right choice, hell Peters and the guy we got from New Jersey may have not been the right choices.

Reactions: Shawnofthedeadz

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Huska is responsible for the defense, and man it's looking really stetchy right now. Honestly think firing Paul Jerrard was a mistake, as we were never this mediocre in our zone when he was here.

Reactions: viper0220

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Eh, it doesn't matter that we lost 9-1. We took a good start to the game and threw it away because we aren't willing to stick with it through tough times. The exact amount we lost by doesn't really matter in the grand scheme unless we need the tiebreaker at the end of the year.

Hopefully Peters works some magic to get the team refocused. With the same start, hopefully better goaltending and finishing, it'll be a different story on Saturday. If we mope about it and keep playing carelessly in the defensive end, it'll be the same.

Peters should work some of that magic that worked so splendidly in Carolina.

Reactions: tarapoto2006

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's mediocre and there's paper-bag-over-head embarrassing. Come home from a terrible road trip and give the fans this. The roster needs to be given a dressing down by Peters

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Scary part is we only had two penalties and they capitalized on both. Literally nothing went right.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
BT was supposed to get rid of the cancer on the team, apparently he missed some spots

There are some real softies on this team. Both mentally and physically.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Yx6t6Zt.gif

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Analysis:

Several Flames players are already injured, from plays that went unpenalized. On a consistent night you will see a missed call/Flames injury lead to a Flames retaliatory weak penalty/goal against leading to the game slipping out of our hands. Starting to see a pattern where the freaking officiating is killing our teams work ethic, especially considering we likely already have more than one player injured.

Have you even seen Gio give up like he did tonight? This team is sick in their heads, they need a sports psychologist and some actual officiating. I mean, how did our season start? Dube hit in the head in the very beginning of the first game and it went uncalled, set the tone right there.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Analysis:

Several Flames players are already injured, from plays that went unpenalized. On a consistent night you will see a missed call/Flames injury lead to a Flames retaliatory weak penalty/goal against leading to the game slipping out of our hands. Starting to see a pattern where the freaking officiating is killing our teams work ethic, especially considering we likely already have more than one player injured.

Have you even seen Gio give up like he did tonight? This team is sick in their heads, they need a sports psychologist and some actual officiating. I mean, how did our season start? Dube hit in the head in the very beginning of the first game and it went uncalled, set the tone right there.

What?

Reactions: Kanye

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Yeah sure, everyone keep ignoring the worst officiating in the world. Cheapshots every single game that turn the momentum, but whatever.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Yeah sure, everyone keep ignoring the worst officiating in the world. Cheapshots every single game that turn the momentum, but whatever.

What did you expect when Tre lost the only two players with a set in Ferland and Engelland and replaced them with puff pastry.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Was at the game tonight. The flames were playing pretty good until Crosby scored. That result deflated them. Then the 3rd goal was the knife to the heart.

I think this game was needed. They got away with a win against the Rangers and almost tied it against the Habs, both were very poor efforts. Tonight was an old fashioned beating. Derek Wills said after the game that this will be a turning point for the season, good or bad. I completely agree.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Jesus Christ. I hope this really blows up and they get embarrassed by the media, the social media and the entire hockey world so bad they decide among themselves that this will never happen again. Might be the only way to break the complacency, unfortunately I think a lot of these guys are tuning out the coaching already (if they ever even tuned in after the Gulutzan years).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Obviously you don’t want to overreact to a loss like this, but I do find it alarming how the Flames played. Smith let in a really poor goal on Sid and as Gio said, it snowballed from there.

It’s a team effort and everyone needs to step it up, but Brodie and Smith really stood out to me that they struggled. I’d sit both of them for a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad