Bettman confirms interest in Vegas (UPD post 607: $450-500 MM fee?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Is it true that the amount down is only $150, with absolutely no commitment to actually buying the tickets?

I don't know how that compares to other ticket drives but it almost seems designed to produce the desired outcome.

Deposit is 10% of the anticipated total cost of the tickets. $150 will get you a deposit on a single upper (300, I'm guessing) level end seat and are nonrefundable assuming the franchise is awarded.

Deposits go up to $900 each.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I was secretly hoping for the Las Vegas Thunderbirds or Falcons because of Nellis, to be honest.

I've been mulling it over and I'm not sure I want Vegas to share an Air Force theme with Winnipeg

Granted it's a different Air Force but still

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Deposit is 10% of the anticipated total cost of the tickets. $150 will get you a deposit on a single upper (300, I'm guessing) level end seat and are nonrefundable assuming the franchise is awarded.

Deposits go up to $900 each.

Okay, so there is somewhat of a commitment required.

It's not just 'here's $150, save my place in line.'

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Nah, I think Seattle will go with the Metropolitans (the first American team to ever win the Stanley Cup, for you trivia heads out there).

Um, no.

Seattle OUGHT to go with Thunderbirds, but in deference to the WHL (which will only be temporary in Kent anyway IMO), they won't go there.

Easier to buy out the Totems name. Not many people will appreciate the history of Metropolitans, and in true Seattle fashion, there will be riots if that's implemented.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not to get OT and regardless of arena lease issues I think Houston is just as good of an NHL city as Vegas or Seattle would be.

Who wants to spitball where their AHL team would be? Reno maybe? Obviously they'd want it somewhere in the west, maybe they could join the new "super division" with the Cali teams, EDM and CGY.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Not to get OT and regardless of arena lease issues I think Houston is just as good of an NHL city as Vegas or Seattle would be.

Who wants to spitball where their AHL team would be? Reno maybe? Obviously they'd want it somewhere in the west, maybe they could join the new "super division" with the Cali teams, EDM and CGY.

Salt Lake would be cool and somewhat close.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I would get involved in this drive....but I'm going to law school soon and my brother is going to college then med school.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I would get involved in this drive....but I'm going to law school soon and my brother is going to college then med school.

.... ya.... plus... that Duckjet dealeo.... must keep you pretty busy.... up there at Groom Lake.... Paradise Ranch... Homey Airport... Dreamland....
and say, interesting looking unit... that like reverse engineered outta some tahp sekret alien-hybrid Disney creature or what?.... reckon I'll just call
up George Knapp over at Channel 8... crack I-Team investigative journalism unit... get to the bottom of all of this tout' suite....

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Salt Lake would be cool and somewhat close.

Not sure that the Grizzlies are being slated to move to the AHL, though. IMO I don't think Salt Lake has enough hockey fans for anything above the ECHL level.

Boise, though? Could be happening if the rumors about two more Western AHL teams are true - one in Boise and one in Prescott/Tucson.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Are there any non-traditional markets where the team doesn't have control over the arena (other than Dallas who is a 50-50 partner with the Mavs)?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Are there any non-traditional markets where the team doesn't have control over the arena (other than Dallas who is a 50-50 partner with the Mavs)?

Not sure about Los Angeles/STAPLES Center...? Also, does Colorado share their barn with the Nuggets?

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Not sure about Los Angeles/STAPLES Center...? Also, does Colorado share their barn with the Nuggets?

AEG owns both the Staples Center and the Kings.

Kroenke owns both the Avs and the Nuggets and owns/operates the Pepsi Center.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg

Honestly, to me this is the scariest issue, someone willing to pay $500 million for a team that does not control their arena in a non-traditional market that does not even have the size of other riskier markets.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Honestly, to me this is the scariest issue, someone willing to pay $500 million for a team that does not control their arena in a non-traditional market that does not even have the size of other riskier markets.

The inability to capitalize financially on the multitude of non-hockey events that will be held at that arena worries me.

Jett Jagaar

Finally!
Nov 15, 2013
Just to add my 2 cents, just put my deposit in for two seats. Now I get to sit back and hope for the best.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Just to add my 2 cents, just put my deposit in for two seats. Now I get to sit back and hope for the best.

Welcome to hf, and congratulations. No idea how this is all going to turn out but hey, should be an interesting ride. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad