Best Power Forward prospects

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
troy brouwer is awseome i remember watching him in the WHL Finals two years back against the Giants, where it was him and McArdle among others they were great. I hope Brouwer makes the big team this year.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Oh and for another homer vote is Bryan Bickell. He looked good in his call up late last season (3gp 2g) and he is a big unit and when he wants to he can lay some big hits. He is just a bit too inconsistent right now. Another guy who could develop into a power forward is Michael Blunden if he can stay injury free. Chicago have a lot of highly skilled big prospects. Should be fun if a few of them make it into the NHL in the next few years to join Ruutu. Oh and to the poster a few places up i think if Kane isn't ready then Brouwer will fight it out with Skille to get a spot on the 2nd/3rd line or if Chicago trades Vrbata or Lapointe that will open up a spot on the roster.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Luke Adam for the st. john's fog devils is really starting to develop.. i noticed a hige diference from the start of the season to the playoffs and i see him as a future nhl'er

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I guess the definition of a power forward comes into play here. Sheppard reminds me of Guerin in the way he can score, but he's not the supreme physical presence. Would that still be considered a "power" forward? Kinda depends on how one looks at it.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
The hawks have 5 guys that play a PF type game. I'm not sure where they'll top out at, but I think all of these guys are NHL calibre players:

Skille
Blunden
Brouwer
Bickell
Aliu

I'd say those are the top 5 in the system.

-fullmetalninja

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Well he certainly is underrated/unknown around here...

Most people don't know much about him, he is 6'3" and 220lbs and put up these stats last year in Norfolk:

2006-07 Norfolk Admirals AHL 66 41 38 79 70

Big, very soft hands, and willing to do some dirty work (i've seen him w/o the gloves twice and he more than held his own). I for one wouldn't hate seeing him with Toews and Kane this year... but we'll see (there is also an outside chance he rides shotgun to Lang/Havlat as they want someone who can do some dirty work on that line).

-fullmetalninja

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
wat u mean brouwer gets no love the guy who gets no love and should is MILAN LUCIC, MILAN LUCIC, HELLO EVERYONE MILAN LUCIC DOMINATED MEMCUP THAT IS Y HE WON MVP. Aliu is not better the Lucic even if his head is screwed on right, and pusstinen just makes me laugh that someone would consider the poor guy as a power forward, if we are thinking of the same guy then Pusstinen is no power forward.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
I guess the definition of a power forward comes into play here. Sheppard reminds me of Guerin in the way he can score, but he's not the supreme physical presence. Would that still be considered a "power" forward? Kinda depends on how one looks at it.

Sheppard led Cape Breton forwards in hits despite coming back from a back injury and missing 14 games.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
wat u mean brouwer gets no love the guy who gets no love and should is MILAN LUCIC, MILAN LUCIC, HELLO EVERYONE MILAN LUCIC DOMINATED MEMCUP THAT IS Y HE WON MVP. Aliu is not better the Lucic even if his head is screwed on right, and pusstinen just makes me laugh that someone would consider the poor guy as a power forward, if we are thinking of the same guy then Pusstinen is no power forward.

Uh...I'd take Brouwer's 41 AHL goals over the freakin' Memorial Cup.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Thinking Foligno might need to be added to this list. Chances are he'll cap out as a 3rd liner, but he's got enough of an offensive touch to possibly reach 1st/2nd line some day.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I agree that Lucic is one of the top PF prospects out there. I can't comment on most prospects because I haven't seen enough of them.

I have, however, seen most of the hawk prospects and their development. That's all I was commenting on...

Btw, I have only seen a little of Aliu live (one week's worth), but if he does get his head on straight he's going to be a good one. One thing that people neglected to mention on this board was just how skinny he is... he still has a lot of filling out to do.

-fullmetalninja

ShootThePuckCoyotes

Jul 13, 2006
Phoenix
I wouldn't consider Mueller a power forward. He knows how to use his size for positioning and puck protection, but he's not physical enough without the puck for the label. The only Coyotes prospect who could be considered is Blake Wheeler, and even he is only somewhat consistent in the physical aspect of the game. He's getting there, though, and it's something he seems to be actively working on, which is more than I can say for Mueller.

I knew this. I must have been tired last night because I swear this thread said "Best Forward Prospects." :dunce:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm surprised nobody is boasting Kyle Beach yet. I'm not going to do it though, to be a power forward you have to actually be able to land a punch when challenged. :sarcasm:

Troy Brouwer if I have to pick from the menu, when Moose Jaw came here his overage season, on a team boasting Dustin Boyd as it's star player, I kept saying to myself "why can't we get players like Troy Brouwer?" At that point he was leading his team in goals and PIMS, and went on to win the scoring title. I thought he was the most dominant WHL forward I'd seen outside of Ryan Getzlaf and the game he brought here. I'm a big fan of Brouwer's for sure.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
ok oedi what is a power forward, what is the definition, my guess is a forward who can hit, fight, score, and who is a big powerful man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad