Best Power Forward prospects

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
he'll develop into one... he's still young and filling out strength wise.

Curious to know, how many PFs developped their games later? I honestly can't think of one that didn't already play that type of game before being drafted.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
PFs don't develope that mean streak just like that, you either have it or not.

How many of the real PFs in the league were just "big forwards" in juniors and suddenly developed a mean streak in the NHL? I can't think of any.

GSK*

Max Paciorrety upside is pretty good, a mix of Erik Cole or Keith Tkachuk.

Latendresse isn't a prospect anymore after a full season, but I'm pretty sure he will be the best powerfoward of the league in a few years.

jacketfan61

Jul 10, 2007
Dorsett is more of a pest, D'arcy Tucker or Dale Hunter type.

Not afraid of anyone though. He would drop the gloves at any time.

Not as big as the other 3 Columbus prospects.

Doesn't have the size to be called a powerforward.

Actually Dorsett was named Top Power Forward in the WHL Eastern Conference by CHL Top Prospects Magazine .... he was also named Most Underrated.... check these Videos Out he plays a Power Forward game and scraps like a heavy weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJY-x-MNzzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbovO1rCL_o

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
haha thats so funny, cause when McArdle wanted to fight him Dorsett didnt want to go, hurt or not u dont taunt a guy then back out like a little girl with ur tail between ur legs and hey for the heck of it lets bite the guy. O yah and remember when little garet hunt faught Dorsett, yah that didnt turn out to well know did it.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
ok oedi what is a power forward, what is the definition, my guess is a forward who can hit, fight, score, and who is a big powerful man.

Oskar Osala?
Hit: Check
Fight: Check
Score: Check
Big and powerful: Check

He filled the whole criteria in the last WJC, but I have not seen him playing elsewhere during the past two seasons, so maybe it was just the great chemistry of the Finnish first line Lehtonen - Lindgren - Osala that made him look so good. In any case Osala was without a doubt superior as a PF compared to Joensuu etc.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
The first name that came to my mind was Kyle Okposo.

Then:

-James van Riemsdyk
-James Neal
-Bobby Ryan
-Milan Lucic
-Troy Brouwer
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
hey MarcoSturm16 I have been saying Lucic this whole time but apparently no one here thinks he is a PF. Boston is lucky to have this kid,

I don't no why not to me he fits the Power foward standards perfectly.

He's 6'4 215+ Fights, scores, huge hitter.

Vancouver Giants WHL GP:70 G:30 A:38 P:68 PIM:147

Finally got to see him in person the last couple of days at the Bruins prospect camp. His biggest flaw is his skating hopefully he improves on that next year. And hopefully he'll be in the NHL sometime in 08-09. And hopefully fulltime in 09-10.

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON
imo, Power forwards are players that have the following traits:

Tough
Large and Strong
Intimidating
Doesnt have to fight, but to me its a bonus. I would expect them to win if they were to fight outside in an alley
Really, i think a power forward should be a complete bully. One that can just abuse defenders with their size and just rushed to the net unfazed. Just completely bullying and intimidating the other team into submission, breaking their morale. Of course, there just isnt many game breakers like that out there.

Randall Graves*

I think the perception of power forward is way off.

It's pretty much turned into a guy who has a couple of traditional power forward moves with offensive ability like John LeClair.

True Power forwards are more like Gordie Howe, Eric Lindros, Mark Messier etc.

if you are talking pure offensive ability with some power forward moves I believe Ryan will be the best.

If you are talking more traditional I side with Okposo IF he fights as soon as he leaves college.

World Hockey Connect

Apr 25, 2007
Top 10 Power Forward Prospects

You didn't state if they needed to be drafted already or not -- but I have to stay the course -- Patrice Cormier -- of course! He's an awesome kid and he'll be even more spectacular this upcoming season!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I really don't know much about this kid but Troy Brouwer put up some VERRY VERRY nice numbers las year in his first AHL season(GP: 66, G: 41, A: 38, PTS: 79).

Do you think he has Penner or Bernier like potential or he'll end up being a 3rd line / AHL'er grinder ???

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'll just be a homer in this post.

Latendresse at only 19, potted 16 goals playing mainly on the bottom 6, he played the top line for a little bit, where I believe(not sure) performed at a ppg rate, at only 19. He needs to improve his skating and defensive play, but damn, the kid's pretty good.

And Max Pacioretty, 10th best scorer in his league as a rookie and 2nd best on his team, a nice power forward who also plays the PK, and reminds people a little bit of Erik Cole.(One of my favourite players, mind you)

Also Chris Stewart of the Avs is pretty decent...

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I really don't know much about this kid but Troy Brouwer put up some VERRY VERRY nice numbers las year in his first AHL season(GP: 66, G: 41, A: 38, PTS: 79).

Do you think he has Penner or Bernier like potential or he'll end up being a 3rd line / AHL'er grinder ???

Brower led the dub in scoring in his final year as an overager and has never looked back since. Follwed up his final year in the WHL by leading Norfolk in goals this past season. Because of the log jam of a couple of veterans who should be gone after this season, he should be the first call up and definately make the roster by next year. If he stays at RW, he would be behind Havlat and our #1 pick Patrick Kane. Jack Skille is also at RW along with Blunden unless one or both are moved to off wing.
I really like our depth.

http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php...Type=0&season_id=225&league_id=26&lastActive=

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
The first name that came to my mind was Kyle Okposo.

Then:

-James van Riemsdyk
-James Neal
-Bobby Ryan
-Milan Lucic
-Troy Brouwer
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard

Agreed. Was just going to say Okposo is THE guy in this category. I also agree with who's after, except maybe skille.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
How can you disagree with Skille?

Because in order for me to agree with the players on that list I have to think they will be more than a checking line forward. Power denotes offensive as well. I think skille sucks.

bullsville

May 13, 2006
Because in order for me to agree with the players on that list I have to think they will be more than a checking line forward. Power denotes offensive as well. I think skille sucks.

You dont see Skille enough,period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad