Best Power Forward prospects

Leafs 67 and Waiting

Jul 15, 2005
USA
why dont we make a big list of the top ones, and then the tier 2 and 3 ones?

Tier 1:

-James van Riemsdyk
-Bobby Ryan
-Jack Skille
-Chris Stewart
-James Sheppard
- Milan Lucic
-Kyle Okposo

Tier 2:

- James Neal
- Troy Brouwer
- Max Pacioretty (could be better, consistency is coming)
-Alex Bourret
-Brandon Dubinsky
- Brian Boyle
-Eric Fehr
- Slava Trukhno

Tier 3:

-J-F Jacques
?
?
?
?
thoughts?

James Neal Tier 2 is a joke he is easily the best PF in this category.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
James Neal Tier 2 is a joke he is easily the best PF in this category.

Why? Brouwer a guy who is also in tier two got 79 points in 66 games as a rookie in the AHL. He was also tied for 3rd in most goals scored.

Last edited:

TSV

Aug 6, 2005
Montreal
brouwer and neal are good PF prospects

for bernier, I wonder how he can bounse back ?? I hope he can...

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I know he likely doesn't have as much offensive upside as a lot of these guys, but Lucic is probably the only guy who would even think about lining up with heavyweights.

At 18 he led the Vancouver Giants (Memorial Cup Champions) in scoring, while also being one of the top heavyweights in the league. Not exactly an easy thing to do.

Coming in at 6-3 225 lbs he had 18 regular season fighting majors, 2 WHL post-season fighting majors, and 2 Memorial Cup fighting majors. I don't see anyone with a fight card that comes close to that.

He's going to one scary ******* if he puts it all together and becomes a 2nd line winger like he's projected to be.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ya
Chris Stewart is going to be a monster...more like a monster-er b/c he is already scary. There are some good videos on Youtube of him fighting, he can toss them. I think we can see him being a consistent 30 goal scorer while frightening guys in the corners.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
Another player to consider is Devon Setoguchi. THat guy definately has a mean streak and hits like a freight train.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Lang looks very strange in that group. Blunden is going to be one of the Hawks top forwards? over Skille?

Lang is signed for two years, and at $4mil per he is a defacto top 6 forward. I expect Toews to take the top center spot from him by the end of the year.

Im undecided whether or not Blunden will be ahead of Skille, I really only pointed to him as an example that it wont hurt too much if Skille doesnt turn out to be a top 6 forward. We also have Bolland and Aliu that everyone is pretty high on for making the team in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->