Value of: Best offer for Tanev

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Something around Gauthier as a centerpiece?

There's two words you'd never think you'd hear in the same sentence.

Right now he'd be the centerpiece for a 3rd round pick not the most valuable defenseman in the league.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
so Nylander had 3 more goals then horvat was a minus player on a team that was top 10 in every category Like I said how many of his assist were the result of Mathews.

I like some of the leafs Austin Mitch Morgan JVR. they actually backcheck. Reilly a minus 20 tho ouch and you are gonna say you don't need a guy like Tanev on his line? you would have one of the best top pairings in the league.

Kapp = your 1st is more then fair. 20 goal scores are not that rare. Elite shutdown d are. Oh and btw besides this year he played in 70 games both seasons before about par for a top pairing D

Ahh okay. So you don't watch the leafs play ever. Got it.

Rielly played with a high ankle sprain all year btw.

There is no way I'd give up Kapp+1st for 3 years of Tanev missing like 15 games a season.

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
leafer, I know you are a huge fan of Tanev. Sorry I just do not see it. No way I give up a legit 1st line LW for him. In fact I would not offer anyone for him, he does nothing that impresses me...slow, injury prone and old.

Ya...he is 27

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Ahh okay. So you don't watch the leafs play ever. Got it.

Rielly played with a high ankle sprain all year btw.

There is no way I'd give up Kapp+1st for 3 years of Tanev missing like 15 games a season.

I am sure all year, even if that true tanev played with 3 injuries for more than 30 games. Just realize Morgan Reilly is not a number one get over it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Nylander straight up? No? Didn't think so. (Subject has been beaten to death) Move along leafs fan :)

ROFL

Last I checked this is a public forum. Making a high demand and dismissing me is something special, socially obtuse.

I understand Blue and White makes some Canucks fans go insane and lose all common sense but I came here to make a constructive offer. I demonstrated to one poster who liked an offer that we had presented him with higher value he chose to ignore. Why this merits your childish response we will leave to the "who cares?" category.

You are probably the one who should move along if you cannot have a mature rational discussion.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'd bet Tanev's injuries won't be a concern playing for an attacking team like the Leafs. The Canucks were the opposite and Tanev was the primary target for opposing teams all year on an injury riddled team.

I think the following deals would be considered fair, in order from most preferable to least:

- Tanev for Buffalo's 6OA

- Tanev for Alex Nylander

- Tanev for Kapanen + Leafs 1st

That last one is a "maybe" and depends on what relative offers would look like for Gudbranson. That's about the bare minimum to move a top-pairing guy like Tanev.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd bet Tanev's injuries won't be a concern playing for an attacking team like the Leafs. The Canucks were the opposite and Tanev was the primary target for opposing teams all year on an injury riddled team.

I think the following deals would be considered fair, in order from most preferable to least:

That last one is a "maybe" and depends on what relative offers would look like for Gudbranson. That's about the bare minimum to move a top-pairing guy like Tanev.

Thanks for the summary, seems I haven't missed too much in this thread since my last visit. So should Vancouver's people call Buffalos people?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

If Buffalo was a beneficiary of the lottery and moved up to 2nd overall, what, if anything, would Vancouver be willing to add to Tanev? (Were that the case, I think Buffalo would try to pull off the Nylander deal and then draft Patrick/Hischier, but I'm interested to see what 'Nucks fans have to offer for 2OA.)

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
If Buffalo was a beneficiary of the lottery and moved up to 2nd overall, what, if anything, would Vancouver be willing to add to Tanev? (Were that the case, I think Buffalo would try to pull off the Nylander deal and then draft Patrick/Hischier, but I'm interested to see what 'Nucks fans have to offer for 2OA.)

It would also depend on where Vancouver ends up drafting.

For the 2OA, I'd add significantly to Tanev.

Goldobin or Granlund? Both are future 20 goal scorers on cheap contracts. Granlund would have had 20 this year, and Goldobin IMO is a certainly a better prospect offensively than Granlund. But Granlund can play on 3 lines and is responsible in his own end.

Sutter could be added as well but 1) he'd have to waive and 2) I'd imagine Buffalo would want to send salary back.

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017

The only one i'd do but someone would have to drop. Would have liked nylander..thats who I wanted the canucks to draft but with goldibin in town, there isn't really a point of getting another goal scoring winger when what we need is a young centre.

Canucks would be digging them selfs a hole if they traded tanev thou, GAA suicide.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
If we could get Sabres 6OA and one of Makar or Liljegren is there I'd pull the trigger. I think Makar is an offensive stud and Liljegren is better then he played this year. The mono really took a bite out of him and I think once he gets his strength/energy back he'll show what he can do.

maaran

Apr 17, 2017
Canada
I think Tanev to Philadelphia could work, they need a right handed defenceman and they should be going for the playoffs considering they have a playoff-worthy roster. Travis Konecny would be cool as a return considering he is Horvat's cousin.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
Freaking Tanev for 6 overall?? Hahahha, come on.

Or Tanev for Alex Nylander .. hahah, is this the real world?

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Tanev is a good defender but i think the return will be less than many think. He's not a 1st pairing all situation defender. This guy doesn't contribute enough offensively.

He is a really good defensive defender with good skating and puck handling ability. I haven't seen many trades where those types are traded for major hauls.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Tanev is a good defender but i think the return will be less than many think. He's not a 1st pairing all situation defender. This guy doesn't contribute enough offensively.

He is a really good defensive defender with good skating and puck handling ability. I haven't seen many trades where those types are traded for major hauls.

Uhh.... Adam Larsson for Taylor Hall?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad