Value of: Best offer for Tanev

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
uhhh...nother one?

It's funny because there aren't much more because they're rarely traded due to being so valuable to a team.

There aren't many of those 'types' traded (Larsson and Tanev) to even get an idea, but the most recent one we did have returned a young, first line winger.

That should give you an idea. No idea why you're so eager to try and prove that Tanev won't return much.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Larsson for Hall wasn't a good trade for the Oilers. Lets not be fooled by the team being in the playoffs. Hall was a PPG winger at the time. Larsson is a good top 4 defender.

Lets also forget that Larsson was 23 at the time of the trade. He also came off playing an entire season with the Devils. Where Tanev hasn't stayed healthy and is coming off 19 games missed. Also missing time in each of the years prior.

I like Tanev and think he'd be a great fit on the Leafs. His value is inflated on this board in my opinion. A trade that i could see is something like Leivo/Soshnikov + 2nd/3rd.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Larsson for Hall wasn't a good trade for the Oilers. Lets not be fooled by the team being in the playoffs. Hall was a PPG winger at the time. Larsson is a good top 4 defender.

Lets also forget that Larsson was 23 at the time of the trade. He also came off playing an entire season with the Devils. Where Tanev hasn't stayed healthy and is coming off 19 games missed. Also missing time in each of the years prior.

I like Tanev and think he'd be a great fit on the Leafs. His value is inflated on this board in my opinion. A trade that i could see is something like Leivo/Soshnikov + 2nd/3rd.

Why not look at their on ice effectiveness. You know, the most important thing. I'm sure those games they played Tanev led the majority of recorded metrics.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton

Hall was not a ppg winger when he was traded, the previous 2 seasons were 38p in 53g and 65p in 82. This season he put up 53p in 72g. Hes not the player he once was i dont understand how people are still under the impression hes the same old Hall.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Hall was not a ppg winger when he was traded, the previous 2 seasons were 38p in 53g and 65p in 82. This season he put up 53p in 72g. Hes not the player he once was i dont understand how people are still under the impression hes the same old Hall.

Well people still expect 85-100 points from first line players. This was the highest scoring art Ross winner in like 4 seasons.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006

Larsson for Hall was a great trade and no Edmonton fan regrets it. Solidifying your blue-line is the key to going from pretender to contender and you need guys who can actually defend and gain the puck.

That offer is laughable and wouldn't get any established top 4, under-30 defenseman in the NHL (that is on a fair contract), let alone a top pairing guy in his prime.

Look at trade history, established top 4 defensemen never come cheap.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
It's funny because there aren't much more because they're rarely traded due to being so valuable to a team.

There aren't many of those 'types' traded (Larsson and Tanev) to even get an idea, but the most recent one we did have returned a young, first line winger.

That should give you an idea. No idea why you're so eager to try and prove that Tanev won't return much.

Exactly. The reason why there aren't many trades for elite "defensive" defenders is that they're too valuable to give up, and are rarely traded. It took Hall to pry Larsson.

Look at the Hawks. They kept Hjarmalsson over Campbell and Byfuglien, and that was back around 2010-11 when few knew how good he was, and Campbell and Buff were far more established. They're not stupid.

The lack of offence is the only reason Tanev isn't making north of $6.5MM per year.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Top 10 pick and a mid pick and I would donit.

Something like buffalos 1st and a 4th

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

It could have more to do with his line mates, style of team play, and calibre of team, as opposed to his ability. I almost feel a bit sorry for Hall. He's well into his career and has zero playoff experience. All of his teams have been terrible.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
tanev is 100% worth eichel + if im buffalo i trade eichel reinhart for tanev. tanev is the best defence man in the league, it's forsure an overpayment by the canucks but i think van might do it

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
tanev is 100% worth eichel + if im buffalo i trade eichel reinhart for tanev. tanev is the best defence man in the league, it's forsure an overpayment by the canucks but i think van might do it

This needs to be your signature block.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
I wonder how many more points Tanev would put up if he played on a team that could actually score goals......Canucks have been bottom 3 in the league 3 out of the last 4 years.....everyone trashing on him for being injured so often, it's not like the guys injuries are him stubbing his toes.....his injuries are from him playing like a warrior blocking shots with any part of his body and even with all the injuries the guy still puts his body on the line with no hesitation.

Nucks fans put him to high, other too low. Any team that trades for him (big if) would absolutely love this guy and the fan base would be on board shortly after watching him regularly, regardless of what they gave up

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Dude i'm not even a Nucks fan and an offer of Leivo/Sosh & 2nd/3rd is a joke. Those two prospects hold very little value, neither land you a top 4 guy with term and a sweetheart contract.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So with Tryamkin gone, I have 0 interest in moving Tanev, save for a kings ransom. Not fair value, or the best you want to offer, an overpayment.

Buffalo fans and that one crazy Bolts fan that offered Drouin have been the only offers I really liked, but now with -1 defenseman that could replace Tanev (the whole reason he could have been available).

Thank you for your interest, have a lovely off season.

Mar 26, 2010

This can not be a serious post. :popcorn:

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
How much for Tryamkin? Maybe the Canucks look to move his rights instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad