Best Head Coaching Candidates for the Rangers

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
No old NHL coaches like the Hartley types, they suck. Dale Hunter, Sheldon Keefe, guys like that would be more of interest for sure lol.
I disagree with this. I do not mean to say I want someone like Hartley but I would not read that much into coach past. Look at Mike Sullivan. Who would want Mike Sullivan as their coach in 2015? I do not think any member of these boards would argue for him to be hired. And now he has two Stanley Cups. I think some of these guys evolve, if they are open to new ideas, they can improve on what their shortcomings were during their last time and they can be successful.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Predictably, those are two vague and lazy arguments. You speak almost as if the defensive game plan is to chase around the opposition, but the reason this is happening more and more as the years go on is the decay of the roster when it comes to solid 2 way players who can take care of business in their own end -- that goes for both the forwards and the defensemen. You can pretend its been this bad going back to 2015, but you'd be an opportunistic liar.

Anyway, the roster decisions are directly tied to this and the foundation of your frustrations, but you've been too fixated on the head coach to notice whats happened with the roster.

Removing the lone worm from a rotting peach

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I disagree with this. I do not mean to say I want someone like Hartley but I would not read that much into coach past. Look at Mike Sullivan. Who would want Mike Sullivan as their coach in 2015? I do not think any member of these boards would argue for him to be hired. And now he has two Stanley Cups. I think some of these guys evolve, if they are open to new ideas, they can improve on what their shortcomings were during their last time and they can be successful.

I'm not saying coaches don't blossom over time, the Penguins have had pretty good success with average coaches.

Scotty Bowman is now third in success rate on the all time Penguins coaching records behind the hall of fame locked legends Dan Bylysma and Mike Sullivan

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Just get rid of him - send him by air to Hawai - fruit cocktails, women, warm beaches.. I just want him gone! :)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
haha, I`ve nothing against AV as a person, probably a nice guy, @Miamipuck - hot bath tube anything that he do not feel bad - when and if he get released from his contract. :D
AV knows he can get a job fast when he is done in New York anyway. ;)

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
haha, I`ve nothing against AV as a person, probably a nice guy, @Miamipuck - hot bath tube anything that he do not feel bad - when and if he get released from his contract. :D
AV knows he can get a job fast when he is done in New York anyway. ;)

Yeha he won't be out of work long, just make a list of teams with world class goaltending and he will be there.

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad