Best and worst logo in the NHL?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
CHI's is ugly as hell. I think people just vote it because of their recent winnings and they are an O6 team.

You ask this question before 2010 and nobody would say its the best.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Like I said, nostalgia plays a huge part in this. I'm pretty certain that if the Detroit Red Wings were founded in say, 1997 but kept their same logo someone would complain that it's "too busy" or something along those lines Meanwhile if the Arizona Coyotes were around 40 some years everyone would be like "their logo is the best, it's classic". It's rather amusing to be honest.

haha indeed. makes me wonder if everyone here is 60 +?
for example; the panthers is almost as old as i am so their logo is as classic to me as, let's say the leafs. :dunno:

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Woo, lots of hate for the Stars logo. I don't get it really, I think it's one of the nicer ones in the league. What do people dislike about it?

I think the old logo was nicer, but I wouldn't put the current logo in the bottom 5.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Best: :wings :rangers :bruins

Worst: :canes :stars :ducks2

My preference sits with logos that were drawn by hand, rather than logos that look like they were made by a robot on Windows XP

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I never noticed the H in the Hartford logo until now.. cool.

Thats what makes it one of the all time best logos. It actually says Hartford Whalers without being obvious.

But then again, since the theme on this thread seems to be PC, identifying with being a "Whaler" probably isn't cool nowadays. :laugh:

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Woo, lots of hate for the Stars logo. I don't get it really, I think it's one of the nicer ones in the league. What do people dislike about it?

I think the old logo was nicer, but I wouldn't put the current logo in the bottom 5.

It's just ... bland. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to lack character or personality. I'm sure there are words to describe it that someone with a design background would use to explain exactly what I mean.

It's nice, and has potential to be great, but it just falls short for me. Definitely not a logo to "hate", though.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
They use it on their third jersey but it's not their primary logo. I meant the logo and the color scheme

Oh so you were referring to the colors then.

It still is the same primary logo. Unless your belief is that a color change makes it different. I however do not.

Besides, rumor has it that the colors are going back on the new jersey next season. Doubt the logo changes.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
:bruins
Obviously, I love this logo. I actually love the secondary logo used as my avatar even more. The Bruins need a serious overhaul, but the logo and uniform doesn't!

:flames
ALWAYS loved this logo. Awesome.

:flyers
I love the Flyers uniforms, culture, and history in general. Great logo. Top shelf.

:jets
I don't get all the hate over this one. Patriotic and strong. Love the concept. This is a modern logo they got right.

:leafs
This is where I would put the NEW Maple Leafs logo. I love all the symbolism and tradition embodied in the new logo. If I were a new hockey fan looking for a team, I would be drawn to it. Can't wait till they make the switch.

:wings
Fast and powerful. A tremendous logo.

:edmonton
Just love this one. Even today it reminds me of Wayne Gretzky, the Oilers dynasty, and the NHL of the 1980s. I think it was a better time for hockey...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wild
Bring back the North Stars. Please!!!

:kings2
Maybe a return to the purple and gold uniforms? Or at least the 1988 logo? That was better than this...

:panthers
Yuck. There HAS to be a better logo design out there for the Panthers.

:avs
I never liked this one. Mostly because of the name. Who grows up saying "I want to be a Colorado Avalanche"? Names like "Wild" and "Lightning" don't sound right either.

:sharks
Teal and black. Very 1990s (see: Jacksonville Jaguars, and Carolina Panthers). Although the Sharks were the first to adopt teal and black, I guess I could give them a pass, but the logo could use an update.

:ducks2
This is an improvement over the old duck goalie mask; but still not great. The whole identity of this team makes me think of 1990s NHL/Gary Bettman gimmickry. Glowing pucks on TV. "Non-traditional" hockey markets. Teams being moved out of Canada. I know the Mighty Ducks were never at fault for any of this, but this team just reminds me more of Gary Bettman than any other (except for the Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes). PS: The 'Yotes logo isn't half bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:hawks
As another poster said, I don't get what all the excitement is about with this logo. It's good - but not great in MY opinion. I like the Blackhawk, but he looks too friendly. If he were a little more fearsome, then I think we're on to something.

slobbergob

Apr 29, 2015
Trying to draw the Avs logo growing up was torture.

Best: Redwings, Hawks, Leafs, Sabres, Yotes.

Worst: Wild, Hurricanes, Panthers

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

I can't stand the whole beveling effect and inconsistent shadow that the logo uses. Throws it off, in my opinion.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Ottawa Senators need to make this their primary sweater logo YESTERDAY. I LOVE THIS. This would be my number 2 favorite after the Bruins.

I don't know why, but it makes me think of the badass Oakland Raiders.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Not many I don't like. Coyotes and Panthers I guess could be on that list nowadays.

All time worst was the Gorton's Fisherman. The Islanders screwed with a classic for nothing more than monetary reasons. Glad to see they came to their senses.

The best was Hartford. When to this day you still have people just now learning about the hidden "H" you have done it right.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Senators just need to get back to their original 90s logo and go back to a primarily black with red accent uniform.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not many I don't like. Coyotes and Panthers I guess could be on that list nowadays.

All time worst was the Gorton's Fisherman. The Islanders screwed with a classic for nothing more than monetary reasons. Glad to see they came to their senses.

The best was Hartford. When to this day you still have people just now learning about the hidden "H" you have done it right.

I see more Hartford Whalers hats and t-shirts now than I ever did when they played in Hartford...

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
:kings2
Maybe a return to the purple and gold uniforms? Or at least the 1988 logo? That was better than this...

This one looks like a blatant attempt to cash in on the success that the Raiders had selling black merchandise. Never cared for it.

I'd love to see them go back to their early 2000s look, tho - both the shield and the crown logos were fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad