Best:

jzPdxZK.png

801px-Minnesota_North_Stars_Logo_2.svg.png

Worst:

1249px-Colorado_Avalanche_logo.svg.png

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Wow, it's really hard to pick a worst. There are so many to choose from.

For the bad, I really couldn't pick just one. But for me it's one of Colorado, Carolina, Tampa, Columbus or Dallas.

Of course, I also hate the Chicago logo for basically being a dismembered Native American's head against a blood red background. Great visual design, but awful outdated concept. I don't give a crap about how much people like it.

For best, I'd go with something simple and elegant, like Detroit's logo.

I forget who, but I remember someone posted a new Blackhawks logo, with a black hawk bird, same color scheme. It looked pretty damn nice.

Found it:
LyWjnNA.png

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Are these of all time?

Worst, Bruins 3rd uni from 1996..

The Pooh Bear on valium.

Followed closely by California Golden Seals and Kansas City Scouts.

I still have no idea how people were supposed to know it was a Native on horseback on the KC jersey.

Also disliked Buffalos Electroslug

Best?
Chicago
Anaheim 95 96 alternate
Flyers 81-82 - not because of the logo, but because they wore cooperalls.

https://youtu.be/mk8Py0E_KIk

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Everyone's saying the Hurricanes are among the worst, but I'm a fan of the logo on their third jerseys:

third_jersey2.jpg

With a little touch-up and a better jersey, it's simple, clean, and meaningful enough to be a long-term logo.

Pahlsson26

Oct 17, 2011
Best: Philadelphia, Islanders, Los Angeles, Calgary

Worst: new Dallas logo, Ottawa, Winnipeg

bobbyt 91*

:habs: can't get the toilet seat resemblance out of my mind, I keep picturing the Frenchest Jean Guy lumber jack sitting on their logo every time I see it :laugh::laugh:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
For the purposes of this I'm not going to mention the best of the O6; at this point they're too iconic. Changing much of the style/theme of them (New Maple Leaf notwithstanding--it's still the same concept/style/theme) would be blasphemous in my eyes--much like that bastardized "black hawk" that the touchy-feely PC "have to be offended at everything" brigade is smearing all over the place.

That being said, the best:
:flames - Simple and to the point.
:blues - Clean and iconic. May be a rival but it's a solid logo
:bolts - Maybe a little simple, but still to the point. Not trying to do too much and you know they are the lightning.
:sabres - Again, clean, simple, and to the point.
:stars - Even though I'm not a fan of the "minty" green, it's still a solid logo IMHO. Better than their old basketball jerseys with "DALLAS" on the front.

The worst:
:wild - Trying to do too much inside of the logo
:kings2 - They should have stayed with the crown (was a solid one). this looks like a toilet end-on. Again, tying to do too much.
:canes - Bovril Bullet hole, anyone?. I agree they should stick with the hurricane flag on a hockey stick.
:cbj - I get that the flag is Columbus' flag, but it's about as here-or-there as the old CBJ red. They should stick with their cannon.
:sens - Again, a little bit too much with the centurion trying to be pseudo-3d. The older profile or even the "O" would be much better
~~~~
I do have to say that if the Blackhawks logo is racist, then so is Ottawa's (Racist against Romans), The Minnesota Vikings (Racist against Scandinavians), the Boston Celtics (Racist against the Irish), Notre Dame (Racist against the Irish as well), Pittsburgh Pirates (Racist against Pirates), The Columbus Crew (Racist against Blue Collar workers), & the Brampton Battalion's (Racist against the Canadian military).

Just because it has a human likeness doesn't make it automatically racist. It's the context and exaggeration that does (see also: Cleveland Indians, Washington Redskins). There is nothing inherently racist about the Blackhawks logo in and of itself--the 1936/37 one, yes. Not the current one.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Best: Detroit, Chicago, Florida, St. Louis, Buffalo, Toronto (new)

Worst: Carolina, Dallas, Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington (boring, but the shoulder patch is nice)

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If Penguins go back to their classic logo from the cup years of the early 90's, I'd have to think that would be one of the best. Chicago and Red Wings are up there too

Worst: Nashville, Dallas, LA

I'm confused. You do know they already use that logo right?

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Best: Wings (of course), Leafs, Habs, Blues 3rd jersey Logo, Jets

Honorable Mentions: Whalers, Islanders (Fisherman Jersey, hey..I always liked it! lol), Blue Jackets 3rd Cannon Jersey

Worst: Panthers, Flyers, Ducks, Coyotes...(although I wish they'd bring this logo back)

image001.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad