Confirmed with Link: Berube out, Bannister in

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
(Ctrl+v of what I said on the Blues threads.)

"Not a fan of that comment.

Don't get me wrong, I've said similar about old co-workers and supervisors. But, this was not the time to make that type of comment."
Kyrou can't really control when he's asked the question. At the end of the day, while the tacked on "he's not my coach anymore" implies a lot of what is left unsaid, I have a hard time being all that critical about stating that and moving on. Let's be real, Berube was repeatedly more blunt and negative about Kyrou to the media than anything Kyrou just said there.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Kyrou can't really control when he's asked the question. At the end of the day, while the tacked on "he's not my coach anymore" implies a lot of what is left unsaid, I have a hard time being all that critical about stating that and moving on. Let's be real, Berube was repeatedly more blunt and negative about Kyrou to the media than anything Kyrou just said there.
I agree. I just feel like a "I do not have any comments at the current timeframe" would have been better than adding the "he's not my coach anymore" part.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I agree. I just feel like a "I do not have any comments at the current timeframe" would have been better than adding the "he's not my coach anymore" part.
I wish we had video of it. From what I can tell based the order of JR's tweets, it looks like the question about Berube was a follow up to a question about Bannister taking over. Kyrou is clearly excited to be playing for Bannister again and I think there was clearly not a lot of mutual love between him and Berube.

I think there is a pretty decent chance that this was intended as more of a 'I've turned the page to get a fresh start' and less of a shot at Berube for getting fired type of statement that was pretty terribly delivered.

Honestly, I'm surprised that people are more upset about this quote than the quote about Bannister.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I wish we had video of it. From what I can tell based the order of JR's tweets, it looks like the question about Berube was a follow up to a question about Bannister taking over. Kyrou is clearly excited to be playing for Bannister again and I think there was clearly not a lot of mutual love between him and Berube.

I think there is a pretty decent chance that this was intended as more of a 'I've turned the page to get a fresh start' and less of a shot at Berube for getting fired type of statement that was pretty terribly delivered.

Honestly, I'm surprised that people are more upset about this quote than the quote about Bannister.
What about bannister quote? Seemed fairly innocuous.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
So when this move first happened I said I had mixed feelings on it. But gotta be honest, the more I have thought about it over the past day, the more I like it.

Something needed to change badly. We can talk about the roster all we want but our play has been trending down for years now. Even after Covid when we still had guys like ROR, Perron and Dunn on the team, we started getting outplayed more often than not and obviously it got worse last year and this year. There are a lot of people responsible for that and Armstrong is one of them, but the head coach is also at the top of that list.

Berube had no idea how to answer the media’s questions anymore as to why this was happening and nothing was changing. You could sense he didn’t know what to do anymore and his message had gone rotten. Combine this with the fact that other players now seem to do almost immediately better as soon as they go to a different team, and that’s another poor reflection of what Berube was running here.

He obviously did a lot of good things for us. But it’s been 5 years. That’s when time is up for a lot of coaches, and it is that time for Berube.
I feel you dude was thinking along those lines too.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
For those without twitter:

It's the same sentiment from the reverse angle. Berube's not here, Bannister is, time for a fresh start

That is quote I saw too. thanks. Hard to disagree.

This feels like boilerplate answer to question on new coach. The Berube one, to me, felt more pointed. I think maybe he just isn’t that eloquent.There are reasons why media usually go to other guys on team for interviews.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
What about bannister quote? Seemed fairly innocuous.
He said "we're all excited" even though Schenn is talking about feeling guilty about their play getting the coach fired. You could also read him talking about 'getting their culture back' and playing 'the way we know how to play' as shots at the previous coach.

I don't have a problem with them at all, but I think they are more explicitly implying his feelings than saying 'he's not my coach anymore' when declining to comment on Berube.

Edit: to clarify, I'm not really talking about this board's reaction. I'm talking about the general online Blues community that it losing their minds and talking about how this clearly shows that he is a locker room cancer, that there is a huge rift between him and the vets, that he intentionally got Berube fired, that a vet needs to fight him, etc. I've been seeing huge vibes like all the players should be in deep mourning and I thought that crowd would have been outraged that any player could be excited about a new coach right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He said "we're all excited" even though Schenn is talking about feeling guilty about their play getting the coach fired. You could also read him talking about 'getting their culture back' and playing 'the way we know how to play' as shots at the previous coach.

I don't have a problem with them at all, but I think they are more explicitly implying his feelings than saying 'he's not my coach anymore' when declining to comment on Berube.

Edit: to clarify, I'm not really talking about this board's reaction. I'm talking about the general online Blues community that it losing their minds and talking about how this clearly shows that he is a locker room cancer, that there is a huge rift between him and the vets, that he intentionally got Berube fired, that a vet needs to fight him, etc. I've been seeing huge vibes like all the players should be in deep mourning and I thought that crowd would have been outraged that any player could be excited about a new coach right now.
Thanks. As I just said on another thread (lots of active threads!), I think there was some frustration from him. And rightfully so. How he experienced Berube (and this season) is different than how schenn did. Kyrou maybe needed fresh start/reset more than anyone. I do think he cares. I think he wants to be great. And hopefully this change frees him mentally to play his game. Because for all of his imperfections, other than Thomas kyrou is only guy on team that can consistently create scoring chances on his own. That is rare gift and we are fortunate to have him.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
One of the first things I thought of when Berube was fired is that Armstrong needed a guy who he has committed $65 million to in a better headspace. It was fairly obvious he and Berube didn’t get along. We can debate if that’s an indictment on Kyrou and the organization as a whole moving forward but I’m sure that was a motivating factor to make a change.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Ok. Letting Dunn get picked by an expansion team was completely stupid. It kinda make you say, "What in the heck were you thinking DA?" A young really good cup winning D that could have been cost controlled for quite a while and you let him get picked for nothing. Braindead move from a GM.
If you wanna know why our D sucks now, here is example #1A.

Dunn isn't cost controlled anymore. He was due a raise and his career year last year earned him a $7.3 million dollar contract. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable paying that considering his defensive issues. He's putting up points but he's not an all situations 1D.

I wonder if all fan bases constantly complain about past roster moves or is that only a Blues thing? That's all people do around here it seems. Get over it. I'm more interested in what's happening now and what will happen in the future.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Typical JR move with the Kyrou. First the tarasenko stuff now Kyrou.

I heard his interview how no one was around Kyrou so JR went over. Anything for some clicks.

I don't like his comment personally but again it wasn't for that comment, but JR brings up knowing Kyrou and Berube didn't have best of relationship. So much taken out of context too. We don't know the tone, how he said, and so on. That takes a lot more than just words in a tweet.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I think Kyrou was absolutely frustrated with Berube. From what I know Berube was never happy with him…no matter what he did. If he back checked his butt off but didn’t get any scoring chances Berube was on him. If he didn’t backcheck his butt off but scored, Berube was on him. I can understand where he is coming from and I give him props for not being like other players in the past and just go off on Berube.

BTW: The discussion here is so much saner than in certain other places!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Dunn isn't cost controlled anymore. He was due a raise and his career year last year earned him a $7.3 million dollar contract. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable paying that considering his defensive issues. He's putting up points but he's not an all situations 1D.

I wonder if all fan bases constantly complain about past roster moves or is that only a Blues thing? That's all people do around here it seems. Get over it. I'm more interested in what's happening now and what will happen in the future.
I would rather have had Dunn on a cheap contract and then be paying him $7.3M then have Krug. As for what is happening know? We have Krug on the roster. Enough said.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think Kyrou was absolutely frustrated with Berube. From what I know Berube was never happy with him…no matter what he did. If he back checked his butt off but didn’t get any scoring chances Berube was on him. If he didn’t backcheck his butt off but scored, Berube was on him. I can understand where he is coming from and I give him props for not being like other players in the past and just go off on Berube.

BTW: The discussion here is so much saner than in certain other places!
It’s amazing what a difference moderators enforcing rules makes.

Reactions: Celtic Note

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
1702613995860.png

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
It’s amazing what a difference moderators enforcing rules makes.
Look I'll just say it, I went overboard.

Anyway, the Blues looked more engaged tonight, which isn't necessarily surprising, but it felt like we controlled the pace much more than the Sens. I understand the Sens aren't a great team right now, but we were getting beat by arguably worse opponents and handily at that. I understand Bannister can't really implement the changes he wants at this moment, but I'll be curious to see how this team changes moving forward. Definitely curious how the pp shapes up moving forward too

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
None there and overbearing moderation here, neither is better than the other. It’s about who posts here.
while there is some truth to that, i think you are mistaken on the causation. who posts here is in many ways a reflection of the moderators not allowing any of the crap that goes on at the asylum. i don't agree with everything they do here- i admittedly have been slapped down when i didn't feel it was deserved- but it's a thankless job and i firmly believe their well-intentioned efforts keep this place the type of site where we get more thoughtful posters and less just obnoxious trolling.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Was there video of what Kyrou said today about Berube or was it only a quote from JR? If it was just a quote how do we know JR hadn't asked him 30 questions about Berube first until Kyrou was to the point of telling him to f*** off and eat shit? How do we know JR didn't piece together 4 different quotes to make one he thought would cause drama? I don't trust JR not to stir the pot on purpose.

Reactions: Eldon Reid

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
while there is some truth to that, i think you are mistaken on the causation. who posts here is in many ways a reflection of the moderators not allowing any of the crap that goes on at the asylum. i don't agree with everything they do here- i admittedly have been slapped down when i didn't feel it was deserved- but it's a thankless job and i firmly believe their well-intentioned efforts keep this place the type of site where we get more thoughtful posters and less just obnoxious trolling.
I've been on other sites and specifically left because the lack of moderation turns them into a gong show. The Bleedr/Bluski era of the asylum took years off my life from how annoying everyone was.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
f*** it, I'm gonna say it. I hope the fans at the next home game give Kyrou a nice applause, doesn't have to be every time he touches the puck but just once or maybe for line up announcements. Fans proved their point and let him know they didn't appreciate his nonchalant comment on Chief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad