News Article: Bergevin Speaks to NHL network

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I am both excited for the amount of cap we have next year and terrified at the thought of what MB will do with it lol
Its a weird feeling .
With Plecks’ $6M off the hook and with $8M safely stored away, that’s $14M plus the cap going up by $3M, he has $17M to play with.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
swYp0X9.jpg
My optician warned me that deep rims cuts down on my peripheral vision.

Reactions: groovejuice

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
With Plecks’ $6M off the hook and with $8M safely stored away, that’s $14M plus the cap going up by $3M, he has $17M to play with.

Prices contract eats into that and Danaults extension .

That will be a fascinating negotiation lol Danault holds ALL the cards except he is a RFA . I really hope MB does not feel that he needs to pay him 4+ mil .

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I find it hilarious to have him say "build through the draft" consistently even after the Shaw debacle.

Bottom line is he has been here for 6 years now and he hasn't built anything.
I don't know how he even feels confident enough that he can say this. It's been 6 years, how are your press points the same as they were in year 1?
I mean, even if your boss has full confident in you and your job is secured, don't you have a bit of personal standards and realize you should probably change your speech?..I mean come on.
I think I'd prefer a lie at this point.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
As long as you were not dropped on your head, when you were little, then you could do a bedder job than Bergevin...not tough at all. He, and his what, grade 10-11 education, to go with his clown boy personality, are not really anything that should be near a team in the NHL, but the franco media says, we need a guy like dat, so here we are...sad.
Lol, no.

There's maybe a half a dozen posters here who could do a better job then MB and another half a dozen who are smart enough to hire really competent people and let them make the decisions. I'm not a fan of MB but I've seen how bad a lot of decisions that were 'pure genius' around here at the time turned out to be not so brilliant as time went by.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
When be opens his mouth he removes all doubt. What an unbelievable moron. Same old tired cliches and excuses.
Truth. I think there's a case to be made here that he might be the dumbest GM in the history of the league. Not that I'm a fan at all, but Mike Millbury comes across like a rocket scientist compared to Bergevin.

Reactions: Pickles

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
When be opens his mouth he removes all doubt. What an unbelievable moron. Same old tired cliches and excuses.

I don't even listen to his interviews anymore. When i did it was like i was living in an alternate reality. The guys was saying a bunch of nonsense and no journalists was challenging him. It was too much and i just stopped listening to him. I'm not gonna watch this video since i know it's gonna be a waste of time and bad for my sanity. Usually i'm the type of curious guy who can't resist to watch anything that could be interesting. MB killed this in me ;)

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
The cliches are the worst.

You want loyalty, buy a dog.
Yep, the cliches are actually the trademark of his reign and I know we'll see them pop up here long after he's gone. They really are classic in an unintended kinda way.

Btw, just to be clear, I'm not suggesting MB is worse than Millbury as a GM, just merely commenting on the way he comes across in general when speaks. Hard to have faith in the future of the organization when your GM sounds like he has barely the education necessary to be flipping burgers at Harvey's.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I don't want to be rude, but I just watched the interview again and it is easy to see how he appeals to some demographics...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00