Bergevin happy crying while talking about Gallagher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I don’t think it’s about being better a business. Who cares, for some “higher education” is important and to others it’s not.

Just because one may have more formal education doesn’t mean they are any better of a person than one anyone else. Like you, I’m “higher educated” but I don’t think I’m any better than those that aren’t. In fact, I’m just a flawed, if not more!
The skills of portfolio management is absolutely critical for a GM due to forced obsolescence via the "cap crunch", the presence of many "lemons" in the various markets for players, etc. The slightest overpayments can add up into binding the team into not being able to acquire a valuable asset. Bergevin's presser basically confrims his bipolar nature. He is just savage as a Pollock in dealing with assets he doesn't care about personally or look down upon, like a Subban, Markov, Radulov, etc, but guys like Gallagher, Danault, Weber, are literally treasured pets and feathers in his cap he wears with pride.

The draft in itself is a game of chance, but the chances can be improved or decrease by the eyes of the people making the picks. George McPhee has developed an excellent record of building the farm because what he peruses usually pans out into results and he commits resources into building a strong team of scounts. Marc Bergevin values things that do not stick and hence the prospect pool here is mostly garbage.

(I'm not bragging, but it's clear my paradigm shaped by my major is expressing itself).

Reactions: Mrb1p

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Is that realistic? Weber will be 37 and nearly 38 come playoff time and Price will be 35 almost 36?

The deals I'm seeing are to make the next 2 years as strong as possible but this team may have a hard time being competitive moving past 2021-2022 when both Price and Weber consume 25% of our cap while not being those kind of players anymore.

Time catches up to everyone...
The cap IMO will skyrocket for the 23-24 season - combination of return to normal revenue including Seattle + new US TV deal + expansion fee$. Wouldn’t shock me if post flap cap the ceiling jumps immediately to $91M-$95M

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Whoever gets him is going to pay a hefty price. Even before all MB moves I don’t think they could afford to pay what Chevy will want.

Just spit balling - Tatar, Caufield, Fleury and 1st next year. I think this is probably pretty weak in Wins eyes. We don’t even have cap room

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I definitely improved my debating skills in university. Depends which courses you take.

Im sure if you take a debate class but most people do not learn how to debate in university. It’s an insane thing to imply going to university will help people with. It was a piss poor attempt to justify saying Bergevin is a bad gm because he didn’t go to university. He’s peddled this claim for a while and it’s blatantly him projecting.

Reactions: Habby4Life

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Whoever gets him is going to pay a hefty price. Even before all MB moves I don’t think they could afford to pay what Chevy will want.

Just spit balling - Tatar, Caufield, Fleury and 1st next year. I think this is probably pretty weak in Wins eyes.
Yeah when they said that talks start with Suzy, we just had to walk away from the table.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Im sure if you take a debate class but most people do not learn how to debate in university. It’s an insane thing to imply going to university will help people with. It was a piss poor attempt to justify saying Bergevin is a bad gm because he didn’t go to university. He’s peddled this claim for a while and it’s blatantly him projecting.

Oh I didn't read whatever post that person wrote. I generally skin most threads to find anything of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad