Bergevin happy crying while talking about Gallagher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
High school remark is pretty weak.
hold-up-i-gotta-talk-shit-about-a-professional-athlete.jpg

Reactions: Domi a favor

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Is it ? Hes shown time and time again he wouldve benefited from basic higher education. Bergevin is as qualified to be the Habs GM as Cheeto is qualified to be 45th.
Depends on what field. If Bergevin went down the natural sciences or English, he'd come out no different.

If he went economics or finance, he might have had more Pollockian, Belichickian, etc tendencies. The person gets a LOT of practice isolating variables and how variables can influence each other.

If he went into real estate, that would have helped him out(valuing assets, how to con people, using language that sounds positive to cover up the dumpiness of a crap property so you can make a sale).

f***, even if he played freaking fantasy hockey, it would have given him some perspective of what skill vs grinders are.

Reactions: Mrb1p

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think the relationship soured worse than MB let on in the presser and he had to plead emotionally with Gally to get him to come back.

This is considering Gallagher's earlier comments on Vancouver radio that he thought there was possibility that he was done with the Habs after contract talks broke down.

In the end I think neither of them really wanted to break up, but I think it was MB who went to Gally on his hands and knees and begged Gally to take him back. All Gally needed was the validation that MB truly needed him in his life.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Bergevin is a hockey player, he has all the money he needs to pursue a higher education.

Also the Quebec educational system =/= the US system.

It's fascinating how these threads can get hijacked, and go down these strange rabbit holes.

I did not see this thread turning into: Berg go get a degree.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's fascinating how these threads can get hijacked, and go down these strange rabbit holes.

I did not see this thread turning into: Berg go get a degree.
This stuff happens when certain pigeon posters run out of material. :)

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I knew a lot of successful business people who had no diplomas. And have known a lot of MBAs that litteraly sucked at business. One does not equal the other. Being street smart is a great form of intelligence.

I never judge a human by its education.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Obviously not, but you know thats not all we learn.

That's a good representation of what most people get out of education. People might write some essays with wikipedia as the primary reference or memorize material the night before the final and forget it the next day. For most of the population education is overrated, and it's an economic disservice to require it as a prerequisite to a middle class job.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Seriously, not a fan of the guy, but there is a buzz in the fanbase this fall. Maybe not all of us here:laugh: but there is a definite buzz. The media is carrying it too. English AND French.
It's literally the first time since he joined the habs that he is truly going for it.

I mean he did very bad things in the past and it is criminal how he managed the team in prior years but for once we can see positive.

We should have used our cap space in prior years to our advantage. We did it once, when we got Armia out of Winnipeg. We should also have done with last summer with Marleau but we did not.

Now we are at least not sitting on a 7M cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad