B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What would you like Lee to do? Rub his hands together like Mr. Miyagi and heal the wounded?
No? Just don’t go around bringing in players like selleck and dziurzinksi. I feel like your response to every laughable move is “well what else were they suppose to do?!”

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't believe it, but just based on the little of him I have seen at development camps, he seems much more like an administrator.

Aren't you glad to see DD back?
Bottom 10 forwards to ever put on our jersey. Easily. Maybe bottom 5.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

4 prospects injured, that sucks. Blunden and Flanagan have no future in the NHL but Paul, Gagne, Englund and Perron need that development time. At least Gagne and Englund didn't miss many games but Perron has been injured for a while and Paul already missed training camp.

With the 3 guys who are out injured, that forward lineup is hilarious

Harpur, Chlapik, McCormick in the NHL is a big deal too. They are good players at the AHL level.

I don't believe it, but just based on the little of him I have seen at development camps, he seems much more like an administrator.

What are you saying? It's much easier to judge things from behind a computer screen :sarcasm:

No? Just don’t go around bringing in players like selleck and dziurzinksi. I feel like your response to every laughable move is “well what else were they suppose to do?!”

What is laughable is that you think that there is better players AVAILABLE for the AHL at the moment, in the final stretch of the season. Pretty much every pro hockey player is currently under contract.

6 AHL players are currently injured while Chabot, Chlapik, McCormick, Harpur and Wolanin are all playing on the big club right now

Every team would have trouble filling their roster under those circumstances. The Laval Rocket had exactly the same problem for a while.

That being said, they just won against the best team in the AHL, not bad.

Dziurzynski played 26 NHL games in 2012-13 and 2015-16 because there was a boatload of injuries. 6 pts in 26 NHL games... not bad.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

This post would be easier to take seriously if you showed even a hint of knowledge regarding the context of the decision. Why couldn't they get a 20-year-old high-scoring college player to relinquish his next two years of college eligibility in order to play 4 games for us for free?!? Lee is a mouth-breathing maroon!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This post would be easier to take seriously if you showed even a hint of knowledge regarding the context of the decision. Why couldn't they get a 20-year-old high-scoring college player to relinquish his next two years of college eligibility in order to play 4 games for us for free?!? Lee is a mouth-breathing maroon!
the context of the decision is bringing in dziurzinski. That’s it. Your post would be easier to take if lee had some sort of track record of success Lately as GM and uh... errr......yeaaaahhhhhh
Also team draft and sign prospects all the time. Why are you patting lee on the head for this ?
To xspyrit: yes. There are better players available than dziurzinski. To think he is simply THE best player available is so f***ing dumb lol.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
4 prospects injured, that sucks. Blunden and Flanagan have no future in the NHL but Paul, Gagne, Englund and Perron need that development time. At least Gagne and Englund didn't miss many games but Perron has been injured for a while and Paul already missed training camp.

Harpur, Chlapik, McCormick in the NHL is a big deal too. They are good players at the AHL level.

What are you saying? It's much easier to judge things from behind a computer screen :sarcasm:

What is laughable is that you think that there is better players AVAILABLE for the AHL at the moment, in the final stretch of the season. Pretty much every pro hockey player is currently under contract.

6 AHL players are currently injured while Chabot, Chlapik, McCormick, Harpur and Wolanin are all playing on the big club right now

Every team would have trouble filling their roster under those circumstances. The Laval Rocket had exactly the same problem for a while.

That being said, they just won against the best team in the AHL, not bad.

Dziurzynski played 26 NHL games in 2012-13 and 2015-16 because there was a boatload of injuries. 6 pts in 26 NHL games... not bad.
You’re also judging things from behind a computer screen. But you’re taking the “pros” side so therefore you are above us and your opinion is untouchable because the pros think it too.

Yea. There are better players than DD available. He is bad at hockey.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
the context of the decision is bringing in dziurzinski. That’s it. Your post would be easier to take if lee had some sort of track record of success Lately as GM and uh... errr......yeaaaahhhhhh

Now it just seems like you don't know what the word context means lol

They didn't bring him in as an upgrade. He is an injury replacement, a guy who has been a steady AHL player for years and is readily available, not under contract, and willing and able to play for free. There are, like, 5 or 6 forwards who were on NHL-AHL contracts last year who aren't currently under contract.

I would happily get rid of Randy Lee, but I'm not so desperate to reinforce that opinion that I need to catastrophize every little decision that's made.

Reactions: coladin

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

The Marlies have been adding high-scoring collegiate players over the past few weeks to see if they have any pro potential - guys like Derian Plouffe, Josh Kestner, Scott Pooley and Brady Ferguson. They are specifically targeting the AHA conference of the NCAA because they think it's underscouted and guys can fly under the radar there.

I'd much prefer to see Belleville doing that sort of thing rather than digging up some nearly 30-year old mucker that somebody in our 3-man hockey ops department half remembers from 5 years ago.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Now it just seems like you don't know what the word context means lol

They didn't bring him in as an upgrade. He is an injury replacement, a guy who has been a steady AHL player for years and is readily available, not under contract, and willing and able to play for free. There are, like, 5 or 6 forwards who were on NHL-AHL contracts last year who aren't currently under contract.

I would happily get rid of Randy Lee, but I'm not so desperate to reinforce that opinion that I need to catastrophize every little decision that's made.
It’s not a catastrophe. His track record shows that he thinks players LIKE dz are superior. This guy brought in Stortini to be a key key player for bingo.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
The Marlies have been adding high-scoring collegiate players over the past few weeks to see if they have any pro potential - guys like Derian Plouffe, Josh Kestner, Scott Pooley and Brady Ferguson. They are specifically targeting the AHA conference of the NCAA because they think it's underscouted and guys can fly under the radar there.

I'd much prefer to see Belleville doing that sort of thing rather than digging up some nearly 30-year old mucker that somebody in our 3-man hockey ops department half remembers from 5 years ago.

Fair points, but I don't think we have nearly the pull or the "eyes" available to compete with the Marlies. Also, I don't know the Marlies situation, but being given a tryout and being brought in on a tryout because regulars are injured is a different story all-together.

We are certainly not a model organization at this point, DD has no upside, but I'm still not convinced we had all these better options out there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The B-Sens have been trying out guys all yr long, Zeke posts every one & I can remember reading lots of different guys getting try outs. Seems quite normal but hey everybody has an opinion one way or the other but a new name is always a little more exciting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You’re also judging things from behind a computer screen. But you’re taking the “pros” side so therefore you are above us and your opinion is untouchable because the pros think it too.

Yea. There are better players than DD available. He is bad at hockey.

lol the funniest thing about cynical "internet characters" is that even though they spend their internet life criticizing, is that everytime they get criticized, they come out with the "you're so above us" or "get off your high horse", etc

You're right we are all doing this behind computer screens, the difference is I try to be reasonable with my critics. As you could see in this thread, I have been criticizing several times the off-season veteran hires, mainly saying that surrounding your prospects with average AHL players is not enough. But bitching about players brought in at this time of year when there is 6 injuries and 4-5 call-ups is ridiculous. There is no good pro hockey player available for hire. The only thing they could do is sign decent/good college/CHL free agents but it's easier said than done. Pretty sure they are working on signing another Luchuk/Hammond/Winchester/Butler, etc but you need incentives to attract them.

To xspyrit: yes. There are better players available than dziurzinski. To think he is simply THE best player available is so ****ing dumb lol.

So basically, you're saying I'm dumb. lol ok (not saying DD was the best but probably one of the least worst options on a short term period)

Here's a list of players who played for the Laval Rocket lately.

Matt Petgrave
Gabriel Desjardins
Etienne Boutet
Anthony Beauregard
Tyson Wilson
Jackson Leef
Chris Leveille
Johnny Austin
Willie Corrin
Luc-Olivier Blain

Do you know any of them? Corrin and Petgrave also filled jerseys for Belleville this season.

It's the same story every year in the AHL, most teams (if not all) have to fill jerseys with obscure/unknown players when injuries and call-ups happen, but yet you still don't know about it while probably spending a boatload of hours on hockey for years. So maybe before criticizing (even bashing), try to get informed, that's how you build credibility.

Exactly.

Well, there is some big differences though.

- Marlies are the best team in the AHL and are going to the playoffs and are the favorites to win the Calder.
- Toronto has almost "unlimited" funds.
- The big club in the NHL is also having success.
- Big market (Toronto) vs small market (Ottawa)
- Would you prefer to play in Toronto or Belleville?
- They also probably have a lot more staff (scouts, etc)

They have a lot of leverage compared to Belleville.

This year, they already signed 2 free wallets in Luchuk and Kelly (Luchuk will join Belleville after the playoffs? If there is games left lol). They added Pokka via trade for a player soon-to-be UFA. Also, Filip Gustavsson. Nick Moutrey too but he seems average at best. I dunno about Boston Leier, maybe he turns into a decent AHL player. Of course we have to hope they are able to attract a good college UFA or two.

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Still waiting for your suggestion instead of lfmao on everything. That is laughable. Or predictable. Team is broken and they need bodies.

Sorry you cannot grasp that.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I think they have as far as getting players for next year like Luchuk and other junior players coming in. It's the end of a miserable season and in any other scenario Wolanin and others would be in Belleville.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Still waiting for your suggestion instead of lfmao on everything. That is laughable. Or predictable. Team is broken and they need bodies.

Sorry you cannot grasp that.
I always give suggestions.

Sign better players is one of my more groundbreaking ones.

Our ahl team has been utter trash for a long time. Probably due to guys like dz and Stortini.

Remember this isn’t the first time we’ve brought dz in. We had him. Thought he was amazing. I don’t think lees opinion has changed

Edit: didn’t dorion just say we are going for faster players? Then we go sign dziurzinski. A guy who embodies the exact opposite of what this management team said the direction we were going. Oh yeah and selleck.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Ottawa Senators have reassigned defenceman Macoy Erkamps and goaltender Marcus Hogberg to the ECHL’s Brampton Beast from the Belleville Senators.
Erkamps has appeared in 43 games with Belleville this season scoring one goal and adding three assists. He was also pointless in one game with Brampton earlier this year.
Hogberg has a 4-11 record with Belleville and a 3.55 GAA with one shutout while in Brampton, the Swedish netminder has piled a 7-7-1 record alongside a 2.96 GAA.
In a corresponding move, goaltender Chris Driedger and defenceman Cody Donaghey were reassigned to Belleville.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Today.
Laval Rocket vs Belleville Senators
Game #977: Sunday, March 25, 2018
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
At 3 PM EDT

Laval 24-34-7-2
Belleville 25-37-2-3

Past 10
Laval 2-7-1-0
Belleville 4-5-1-0

Streak
Laval 0-2-1-0
Belleville 1-0-0-0

30 Teams in the AHL
Laval #27 PCT. 0.475
Belleville #29 PCT 0.410

OFFICIALS
Referee Ward Pateman (#38)
Referee Furman South (#44)
Linesman Brandon Bourgeois (#7)
Linesman Julien Fournier (#73)

Head to Head Record
2017-18 Regular Season
Belleville 3-6-1-0
Laval 7-2-1-0

A couple of bottom feeders playing it out, with less than 10 games to go..... 3 games in 3 days today..... Hope we get a good game to watch today......

Let's Go Sens.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad