B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jut a copy/paste of a post I made in another thread, here are the players I want to see back in Belleville next season :

Thomas Chabot, Colin White, Max McCormick (13th forward on a 1-way), Ben Harpur (#4-6 D-man on a 1-way) and possibly Nick Paul and Filip Chlapik should all be with the big club next year. I graduated them all to Ottawa.

Gabriel Gagne, Francis Perron, Ben Sexton, Jim O'Brien, Jack Rodewald, Christian Jaros, Maxime Lajoie, Andreas Englund, Ville Pokka, Jordan Murray, Marcus Hogberg and Chris Driedger (ECHL callup)

Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Aaron Luchuk, Christian Wolanin (question mark though), Kelly Summers and Filip Gustavsson will be added to that group. I dunno if Markus Nurmi will come over though

Erik Burgdoerfer will be back too as he has a 2-way contract.

Anyway, this is what the line-up could look like (or should IMO):

Perron-Brown-Gagne
Luchuk-Batherson-Sexton
xxxxxx-O'Brien-Rodewald
xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Lajoie-Jaros
Wolanin-Summers
Englund-Pokka
Murray-Burgdoerfer

Hogberg
Gustavsson
Driedger

Sign 1 very good AHL forward and things could look much better.​

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Let Gagne slow-roast some more down in Belleville next season. I actually think he can be a Bobby Ryan replacement eventually in that RW spot, if his development continues being linear of course. I have a feeling next deadline or summer is when we get rid of Ryan. Allows another year for some guys like Gagne to develop more, and burns off a year leaving just 3 on Ryan’s deal. We can hope for a rebound year (meaning a healthy year for him) that will slightly increase his value. But if we do trade him at that point in time, it will definitely be easier to move his contract regardless (with a bit of retention, pretty much a copy of the Phaneuf deal).

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Jut a copy/paste of a post I made in another thread, here are the players I want to see back in Belleville next season :

Thomas Chabot, Colin White, Max McCormick (13th forward on a 1-way), Ben Harpur (#4-6 D-man on a 1-way) and possibly Nick Paul and Filip Chlapik should all be with the big club next year. I graduated them all to Ottawa.

Gabriel Gagne, Francis Perron, Ben Sexton, Jim O'Brien, Jack Rodewald, Christian Jaros, Maxime Lajoie, Andreas Englund, Ville Pokka, Jordan Murray, Marcus Hogberg and Chris Driedger (ECHL callup)

Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Aaron Luchuk, Christian Wolanin (question mark though), Kelly Summers and Filip Gustavsson will be added to that group. I dunno if Markus Nurmi will come over though

Erik Burgdoerfer will be back too as he has a 2-way contract.

Anyway, this is what the line-up could look like (or should IMO):

Perron-Brown-Gagne
Luchuk-Batherson-Sexton
xxxxxx-O'Brien-Rodewald
xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx
xxxxxx

Lajoie-Jaros
Wolanin-Summers
Englund-Pokka
Murray-Burgdoerfer

Hogberg
Gustavsson
Driedger

Sign 1 very good AHL forward and things could look much better.​
Don't you think it's a little optimistic that a couple of rookies (Brown & Batherson) regardless of how they have been in junior, would actually play ahead of guys like JOB who led the team in scoring in Belleville this yr? The same would apply with Wolanin & Summers playing ahead of a couple of vets in Murray & Burgdoerfer as you have it there in your lineup & the same of goaltending when Dreidger has been playing in the AHL for over 3 yrs.

I'm not advocating one way or the other, but it seems to me in both Ottawa & in Belleville that these young guys have to prove they deserve to be ahead of the vets & that usually takes 20 games or more, sometimes a lot more games, to convince any coach. I bet Gustavsson & a few other 1st yr prospects play some games in the ECHL next season before playing ahead of some of those vets regardless that they won't have the same future with the parent team as part of the developing process. Graduated IMO Chabot, Harpur, McCormick & maybe JOB & Paul, possibly graduating next season probably after the 2019 deadline White, Chlapik & Jaros.

Chlapik - Sexton - Gagne
Perron - White - Rodewald
Paul - Brown - Batherson
Scarfo - Moutrey - Sellek/Ciampini

Lajoie - Pokka
Englund - Jaros
Sieloff - Burgdoerfer
Murray - Donaghey/Erkamps

Dreidger - Hogberg/Gustavsson

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Belleville adding Boston Leier. He's graduating from (my school) Acadia University where he played with Stephen Harper (who spent camp with Ottawa a couple of years ago). Boston is a great guy, was on the ice helping both my boys many times. I hope he does well and wish him luck with Belleville.

Graduating Axeman Leier to join AHL Belleville Senators - Acadia Athletics

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Looking forward to reading your thoughts Max! Any visuals you capture would be great too.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite.
Toronto Marlies vs Belleville Senators
Game #953: Friday, March 23, 2018
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
@ 7 PM EDT

Toronto 45-17-1-1
Belleville 24-26-2-3

Past 10
Toronto 6-3-1-0
Belleville 3-6-1-0

Streak
Toronto 1-0-0-0
Belleville 1-0-0-0

30 Teams in the AHL
Toronto #1 PCT. 0.719
Belleville #28 PCT 0.408

OFFICIALS
Referee Mitch Dunning (#3)
Referee Dave Lewis (#11)
Linesman Tyson Baker (#92)
Linesman Jean Menard (#12)

Head to Head Record
2017-18 Regular Season
Belleville 2-6-0-1
Toronto 7-2-0-0

Belleville at the bottom of the league with less than a month to go in the season..... Toronto just the opposite Marlies are the class of the league #1..... Hope the Marlies take it easy on the Sens tonite..... Time for the Sens to play the new ATO's and other new players.....

Let's Go Sens........

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad