GDT: Belarus vs Sweden (Mod warning in post #101)

Jeppe950

May 21, 2013
Hopefully this forces the useless Swedish hockey federation to actually use meritocracy when it comes to coaching and management instead of old buddies drinking whiskey together.

Even if they did, would they even attempt to pay the market wage for a competent coach aka someone like Hallam or Rönnberg.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden will blow us out, just watch. 5-1 or something

screen-shot-2018-10-30-at-10-53-54-am-1024x640-png.437705

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
I’m not expecting dominant wins with this roster, but losing against Denmark and Belarus is unacceptable.
Feels like Garpenlöv had zero plan except hoping for NHL players and when that didn’t really happen he had nothing.
It’s a really weak team.
Lack of strong backbone.

Reactions: PTmbp13

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
If I was a Swede and member of the Swedish team, I would be really concerned.
It it not the fact that they loose the two first team.
It is the way the loose and the way the play.

Never had I seen Swedish individuals play so disconnected, because they certainly did not play as a team.

Fact is that they currently only missing one on paper easy game, and that is the game against GBR.
I will say, That Sweden now must win two of the game of Czech, Russia, Slovakia and Switcherland.

I has personally not been impressed by the play of Czech and Slovakia, but Sweden has played even worse. In no way I see them beat Russia or Switcherland.
So there is now, in my my point of view, a real chance, that Sweden will not reach the finals. That will be a real sensation.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Hopefully this forces the useless Swedish hockey federation to actually use meritocracy when it comes to coaching and management instead of old buddies drinking whiskey together.

Yeah, this whole limp-wristed "for long and faithful service" mentality needs to go. How many people go from zero head coach jobs to becoming head coaches of national teams? It's bizarre. Hire proven winners.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Why are people surprised? Sweden's roster sucks this year.
You could make 2-3 better teams with the players missing.
Almost all team could that.
This is what was suppose to make you one of the big four, that the talent is so wide, that you will always have a good team. This should be the different between you and Germany and Switcher land, not to mention Denmark and Belorussia.
The the number of talent make it possibly to make two good team.

Denmark beat you yesterday with out any of their true NHL stars.

That should mean more to Denmark than you.

So Yes your team such, but it shouldn't, just because a few player is missing.
-- It is the fact, that you such, even you got a quarter of the team from The NHL.
--- Has SHL hockey became this bad?

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
This roster is good enough to beat both Belarus and Denmark, there are deeper issues. The players look confused, like they don't know what to do.
Exactly that. Theyve been looking very confused like they have no plan.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
It is Sweden so I don't see that is that big a task.
Then you haven't seen this clown show for 120 minutes. Basically NOTHING in the traditional Swedish hockey strategy is working. Nothing. I'll be happy if this team manages to win against Great Britain.

I've never seen a more dysfunctional Swedish national team in... 30 years?

Reactions: Jan and Eye of Ra

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Then you haven't seen this clown show for 120 minutes. Basically NOTHING in the traditional Swedish hockey strategy is working. Nothing. I'll be happy if this team manages to win against Great Britain.

I've never seen a more dysfunctional Swedish national team in... 30 years?
Just this month Swedes got demolished by Canada at U18 and went on to Bronze. The lesser tiers are having a bonanza right now!

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
If I was a Swede and member of the Swedish team, I would be really concerned.
It it not the fact that they loose the two first team.
It is the way the loose and the way the play.

Never had I seen Swedish individuals play so disconnected, because they certainly did not play as a team.

Fact is that they currently only missing one on paper easy game, and that is the game against GBR.
I will say, That Sweden now must win two of the game of Czech, Russia, Slovakia and Switcherland.

I has personally not been impressed by the play of Czech and Slovakia, but Sweden has played even worse. In no way I see them beat Russia or Switcherland.
So there is now, in my my point of view, a real chance, that Sweden will not reach the finals. That will be a real sensation.

It's SWITZERLAND, Jan.

Reactions: Faterson

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Why are people surprised? Sweden's roster sucks this year.
You could make 2-3 better teams with the players missing.
How many Belarus or Denmark players would have made team Sweden over the current guys? 1 from each team?
Beating teams with Morten Madsen and Danny Taylor requires Victor Hedman and Elias Pettersson?

Its foolish, swedish team made purely from SHL should normally crush Belarus and Denmark.

Reactions: Czechboy

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
...Has SHL hockey became this bad?
No, it hasn't. But the only positive quality you can get - by signing defensive pairings or top lines who have great chemistry, instead we get this. Dysfunctional garbage. Skellefteå had a very productive and effective line before the WC. Was it kept intact? Of course not, because Garpenlöv expected a floodwave of NHL signings where he could sit and drink whiskey while the team did the rest.

I can guarantee you the 4 best lines and defensive pairings from the SEL would've done much better than this clown circus with inept defensemen from the Swiss league. Or NHL players in a role they're not supposed to handle.

The team plays like it has no plan and that starts with the team composition, which starts with the inept coach, which starts at the main foundation of the organization. They're clowns. The general quality of Swedish players has covered that ugly truth for a long time.

This is a good wakeup call that there should be pressure that the national team has won alot DESPITE the dysfunctional morons calling the shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan, weklof and 21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad