GDT: Belarus vs Sweden (Mod warning in post #101)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
If Sweden played as badly as yesterday, this will be a very close game. If Sweden manages to play with some usual puck tempo and movement, it should be a tough game for Belarus. Belarus has some good top players, but worse depth.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
New förbundskapten presented today.

upload_2021-5-23_14-48-3.png

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
My brain says Belarus is gonna win My heart says Sweden is gonna win. Its not realistic we will win over Belarus, they have lots of good KHLers and chemistry and great coach. We have mediocer SHLers with 5 jetlagged NHLers and the worst coach ever.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I was about to comment how ridiculous the British players looked with their pink shoulder slips. I'm lucky I didn't after watching the Swedish jerseys. Goddamn are they ugly, luckily less prominent than the ones on the British jerseys.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
My brain says Belarus is gonna win My heart says Sweden is gonna win. Its not realistic we will win over Belarus, they have lots of good KHLers and chemistry and great coach. We have mediocer SHLers with 5 jetlagged NHLers and the worst coach ever.
Lots of good KHLers
Great coach

Ok

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Oh crap, a Belarusian player on the ice, stretcher in. Looks kind of like what happened to Tavares in Toronto. Very, very unfortunate. It looked like a tumble and he got Klingberg's knee to the head.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
No replay yet... yes it looks like Tavares injury, knee to the head, maybe he hit himself one again to the board or ice. Bad accident, not intentional.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

Haha, lots of sarcasm. :)

The loss against Denmark was embarrassing though but we did it on purpose, we want to improve the level of hockey in Denmark and in the entire Nordic area, this should inspire them. Next time we will lose against Norway giving them some inspiration too, it's important chosing the non-important games though.

:sarcasm:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Much higher puck tempo in the 1st period compared to the crap game against Denmark. To some extent I must give them the excuse the ice in the last game was awful.

Reactions: 21

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Do we have any game plan whatsoever? Every play just feels random. Sure we have the upper hand so far, but it's Belarus.

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
Was the injured player of Belarus Lisovets? If so, that'd be a big loss for them... Hope he'll be OK!

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Was the injured player of Belarus Lisovets? If so, that'd be a big loss for them... Hope he'll be OK!

Just hope he's allright, the Belarus players immediately called for the medical team and he was carried off on a stretcher. Apperently he was sitting up and gave the thumbs up as he was carried off, so that is good sign at least. Hopefully it is not something life-altering. In any case, I imagine the tournament is over for him. A major concussion at least.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Do we have any game plan whatsoever? Every play just feels random. Sure we have the upper hand so far, but it's Belarus.

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like they are just working hard, waiting for a good bounce or a nice individual play. Very disorganized.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
They work hard, but they haven't created crap. We get no pucks on net, so we can just forget about rebounds, traffic, etc. Mostly perimeter stuff. With the team composition Garpen has, I don't think will even sniff any medal chances. Not enough players who can do that little extra to give room to his teammates. Too many sloppy plays all over.

Any wins this tournament will be from hard work and not skill plays. Our NHL players are wingers who are snipers, they're not the ones who are supposed to carry an offense.

Klingberg seemed to have a knee injury from the hit late in the period, which would be very bad for the Swedish team, he's one of the few who actually does things right.

And Lööv, what the hell is he doing on the team? I mean, he can play hockey, but positionally, as a D-man he systematically makes really bad decisions. He constantly overwork his position and leaves his guy wide open in front of the net, both games now.

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
Just hope he's allright, the Belarus players immediately called for the medical team and he was carried off on a stretcher. Apperently he was sitting up and gave the thumbs up as he was carried off, so that is good sign at least. Hopefully it is not something life-altering. In any case, I imagine the tournament is over for him. A major concussion at least.
Yeah, totally agree. The formatting of my message was a bit off, I meant exactly that I hope that he'll be alright overall, not just for the sake of the BLR team:oops:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad