GDT: Belarus vs Sweden (Mod warning in post #101)

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Gaah, Lööv! Just register Sellgren, Lööv can't be allowed to play another shift in this tournament. Constantly getting lost in the defensive zone, throwing away loose shots into the blocking defender in the O zone

Reactions: AB13 and Dala

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Imagine having Garpenlöv as your coach at the Olympics.
barf-gif.gif

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
How often has Belarus beaten Sweden? Is this historic possibly? (I know about Salo)

member 305909

Everything seems to be effed up for Sweden. They will struggle to get to the QFs.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Rakell are involved in the play.
I will never forget going to a WJHC game in Buffalo between Czechs and Swedes and masked Rakell just anhilated the Czechs... it was like 7-1 or something but he was awesome.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Ok, so now we have to win against a good team to avoid relegation? Pretty funny.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Never lost to Denmark either, I think. I think I see a pattern here. Unfortunately Pakistan isn't in the group, perhaps we could get a win.
Hard to say... Pakistan has a nice population in Canada (about 200k).. they'd probably beat us and the Czechs with an all Canadian pakistani lineup.lol

Jeppe950

May 21, 2013
Let me preface by saying that I only watched the end. The result was as expected almost. And as yesterday, it is not losing that bothers me, it is how they do it.

Reactions: czechmate

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Just as expected. Garpenlöv woke up from his... whatever he does, dice rolling? He put on some pressure, but his touch to put out the best players is as good as me chopping wood holding my axe with my knee and elbow. He has terrible experience as a coach and it has been abundantly clear that is the case. He has set a new standard for being incompetent at your job.

Hopefully this forces the useless Swedish hockey federation to actually use meritocracy when it comes to coaching and management instead of old buddies drinking whiskey together.

member 305909

Sweden are in dire trouble. Has Sweden ever been out of the top 8? Now it is even likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad