Post-Game Talk: Bedeviled Habs get off the Schneid, Beat Joisey in OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
If you watched AC tonight, they inflated yet another Carey Price controversy.

It began on Wednesday's show, when they alluded to his lack of smiling and how fans are paying his salary and he always has a long face.

Then, last night, AC ran a video of the post-game salute following the Habs's win over the Devils, where you can see Habs players gathered in the middle of the ice with their sticks up thanking the fans. Right behind them was Price, who chose not to join them and skated straight for the bench, without ever raising his stick or acknowledging the fans.

AC claims that social media is all over this. I'm guessing they mean franco social media? Somehow, the usual suspects are going to be eating this whole, starting with the Journal de Montréal and stains like Reggie Tremblay.

Of course AC already knows why Price isn't celebrating -- they claim that he's sulking over getting booed when his play was horrendous not so long ago. They failed to mention that Price was brutally attacked on several non-mainstream ******* gossip sports sites, that claimed they had insider knowledge about Price's alleged illicit relationships and about how big a controversy Price was involved in and how people would be shocked when the "truth" came out.

Well, none of that came to pass but not without Price's character getting assassinated and his wife rebuffing the rumors on social media. And so, he's mistrustful now, not as affable or cooperative during media interviews, he gives curt answers, he looks very annoyed. One thing is certain, if AC is the leetch leading the charge, you can bet there will be a groundswell of parrots doing the same and Price would be an easy target with his chekered play this year and that bloated contract kicking in next year.

I’ve never seen media within a city so vicious in my life. We make Toronto look peachy. It’s like clockwork the moment a star starts to struggle. They start trying to drstroy personal lives. Who would blame Price for being mad? Fanbase turned on him after a one month of poor play, media fabricated some stories about him cheating on his wife and some things even worse then that. And he’s suppose to come back to a team that’s playing like a complete dumpster fire and smile?

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Wasn't pretty. Specially on defense, wow, they look so lost in their d-zone. Price was sharp, Schneider made some good saves. NJ has a good team but Habs still have to play a lot better than that. At least they won, wich is huge before the road trip.

This team is so mentally fragile it's crazy. I still see way too many smiles on some faces. The desire of winning is not even enough there for too many guys. They need to get a lot more serious about it. Coach needs to keep them on their toes.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Wasn't pretty. Specially on defense, wow, they look so lost in their d-zone. Price was sharp, Schneider made some good saves. NJ has a good team but Habs still have to play a lot better than that. At least they won, wich is huge before the road trip.

This team is so mentally fragile it's crazy. I still see way too many smiles on some faces. The desire of winning is not even enough there for too many guys. They need to get a lot more serious about it. Coach needs to keep them on their toes.

Pretty much you nailed it. Team looked lost 90% of the game, really bad.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I'm still on the Fire Muller bandwagon. The Habs have the talent on the ice. Unfortunately, it looks like a casual pond hockey game. No structure. Just skate around and shoot.

The same Muller that we had with Martin. The same struggle to score goals. Hopefully Claude figures this out before it lands on his shoulders.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I’ve never seen media within a city so vicious in my life. We make Toronto look peachy. It’s like clockwork the moment a star starts to struggle. They start trying to drstroy personal lives. Who would blame Price for being mad? Fanbase turned on him after a one month of poor play, media fabricated some stories about him cheating on his wife and some things even worse then that. And he’s suppose to come back to a team that’s playing like a complete dumpster fire and smile?
Must he tough for sure.

But I would say this. At least 80 percent of fans love the guy and what he brings to the ice. They would never say anything like that and are ignoring that crap that is getting spit out. Carey needs to focus and remember those fans and that support is still there. At the Bell center and at home watching on TV.

Cany be liked by everyone.

Only Jean Beliveau went through life with no detractors and was loved by all.

No other athlete in any sport can you say that about.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
If you watched AC tonight, they inflated yet another Carey Price controversy.

It began on Wednesday's show, when they alluded to his lack of smiling and how fans are paying his salary and he always has a long face.

Then, last night, AC ran a video of the post-game salute following the Habs's win over the Devils, where you can see Habs players gathered in the middle of the ice with their sticks up thanking the fans. Right behind them was Price, who chose not to join them and skated straight for the bench, without ever raising his stick or acknowledging the fans.

AC claims that social media is all over this. I'm guessing they mean franco social media? Somehow, the usual suspects are going to be eating this whole, starting with the Journal de Montréal and stains like Reggie Tremblay.

Of course AC already knows why Price isn't celebrating -- they claim that he's sulking over getting booed when his play was horrendous not so long ago. They failed to mention that Price was brutally attacked on several non-mainstream ******* gossip sports sites, that claimed they had insider knowledge about Price's alleged illicit relationships and about how big a controversy Price was involved in and how people would be shocked when the "truth" came out.

Well, none of that came to pass but not without Price's character getting assassinated and his wife rebuffing the rumors on social media. And so, he's mistrustful now, not as affable or cooperative during media interviews, he gives curt answers, he looks very annoyed. One thing is certain, if AC is the leetch leading the charge, you can bet there will be a groundswell of parrots doing the same and Price would be an easy target with his chekered play this year and that bloated contract kicking in next year.

I don't know where they were before but Price wasn't really saluted fans after wins last year as well, was barely rising his stick while going right into the exit. I think it's a shame thing to do and I don't like that attitude at all, totally unpro and coming from your top leader, it's not good at all.
Price should also understand that it's not all the journalists and not all the fans that act like idiots.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
if you guys get so mad everytime you watch AC why do you continue to watch it?

Like they say in politics, it's "opposition research". They have a massive following and wield some influence, so ignoring them is not an option for me. However, there have been times when their views are reasonable -- you take the good with the bad.

I don't know where they were before but Price wasn't really saluted fans after wins last year as well, was barely rising his stick while going right into the exit. I think it's a shame thing to do and I don't like that attitude at all, totally unpro and coming from your top leader, it's not good at all.
Price should also understand that it's not all the journalists and not all the fans that act like idiots.

That's a fair point. Price was never the most expressive sort. It's just that he's more broody now and it kinda shows. But, it could also be something he's temporarily going through.

What's different from this hockey market vs. others is how this city features several mainstream and non-mainstream sources that far too often engage in character assassination and gossip -- just as you'd find in Hollywood vs. the entertainment industry. Doesn't help that the Habs take up so much attention in the city, year round -- it becomes a feeding frenzy for far too many of these individuals whose blogs and salacious activities provide nothing in the way of sources and where there is no accountability.

Reactions: sandviper and PaulD

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Agreed. I have always defended Price.. but I don't like his attitude lately. He looks very negative and unhappy. In interviews, after a win, after a loss, when he jumps on the ice with his mask on if he's one of the 3 stars, not saluting the fans like his teammates after a win at home.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Like they say in politics, it's "opposition research". They have a massive following and wield some influence, so ignoring them is not an option for me. However, there have been times when their views are reasonable -- you take the good with the bad.

That's a fair point. Price was never the most expressive sort. It's just that he's more broody now and it kinda shows. But, it could also be something he's temporarily going through.

What's different from this hockey market vs. others is how this city features several mainstream and non-mainstream sources that far too often engage in character assassination and gossip -- just as you'd find in Hollywood vs. the entertainment industry. Doesn't help that the Habs take up so much attention in the city, year round -- it becomes a feeding frenzy for far too many of these individuals whose blogs and salacious activities provide nothing in the way of sources and where there is no accountability.
Well put.

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Price has been here for almost a decade now. That's a long time for a superstar to live through a market like Montreal.

The last superstar goalie that lasted a decade here? Patrick Roy. Price has pretty much been around for as long as Roy now. This market can be grating, but we will see if price ever reaches that same boiling point.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Price has been here for almost a decade now. That's a long time for a superstar to live through a market like Montreal.

The last superstar goalie that lasted a decade here? Patrick Roy. Price has pretty much been around for as long as Roy now. This market can be grating, but we will see if price ever reaches that same boiling point.

Roy and Price have complete opposite personalities tho

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Yeah, completely different people. I think Price still has an extremely competitive spirit and holds himself to the highest standards, but he doesn’t appear to be as volatile as Roy.

End of the day, I just want him to do his job on the ice and win games. Could care less about the salute, though maybe he’ll cheer up if somebody wants to triple low-five with him.

Reactions: ArsHabs

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

No doubt, but I think the market affects all personalities. He may handle it differently than roy, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's not getting sick of the day to day stuff in the same way.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I'm still on the Fire Muller bandwagon. The Habs have the talent on the ice. Unfortunately, it looks like a casual pond hockey game. No structure. Just skate around and shoot.

The same Muller that we had with Martin. The same struggle to score goals. Hopefully Claude figures this out before it lands on his shoulders.

Interesting... OP speaks of defense and you blame Muller and not the defense coach, JJ Daignault, who's been here since MB's first season.

CJ should have made his own selections for coaches. JJ should have been fired along with Meech.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I don't think it has anything to do with being mentally fragile. They just suck man. The talent level is low.
When your simply not a very good team, well, you can keep up until a certain point. After that, the better team will take over. That is why we need Price to be so good. If he can hold the fort down with his supreme skills, it gives the mediocre guys in front a chance to pull out some victories. If Price plays average though, well, more often than not it will lead to a loss.

Reactions: Amerika

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Interesting... OP speaks of defense and you blame Muller and not the defense coach, JJ Daignault, who's been here since MB's first season.

CJ should have made his own selections for coaches. JJ should have been fired along with Meech.
Im of the opinion that our offense is giving the Habs more problems than the D.

That said, yeah, get rid of JJ as well. Julien needs a clean slate.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Im of the opinion that our offense is giving the Habs more problems than the D.

That said, yeah, get rid of JJ as well. Julien needs a clean slate.

Dunno about that. This defense crumble as soon as our goalies are not top of the game. This season particularly i think the defense is awful. They are playing very low and are forcing the forwards to help them a lot in between the faceoffs dots and the goal. The other day there was a sequence where all of our 5 players had at least one skate in the blue paint of Price (pretty sure Price doesn't like that). I simply could not believe it. This season there's pretty much no in control zone exit by the defense. They are doing a good job right in front of Price. I mean they get the rebounds and clear the front of the net. But outside of this small area it's painful to watch. I've rarely seen our defense gives the blue line so easily.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Dunno about that. This defense crumble as soon as our goalies are not top of the game. This season particularly i think the defense is awful. They are playing very low and are forcing the forwards to help them a lot in between the faceoffs dots and the goal. The other day there was a sequence where all of our 5 players had at least one skate in the blue paint of Price (pretty sure Price doesn't like that). I simply could not believe it. This season there's pretty much no in control zone exit by the defense. They are doing a good job right in front of Price. I mean they get the rebounds and clear the front of the net. But outside of this small area it's painful to watch. I've rarely seen our defense gives the blue line so easily.

Agree for the most part about the defense. It's a sobering thought that alzner's contract just started. That blunder seems to be flying under the radar in the conventional media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad