Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Big win, 6-2-2 in their last ten, only Washington did better in the East

GoHabsGo......just for you Rosso ;)

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I fully understand the scary feeling, since we're Habs fans, but it's the reality speaking, and it speaks very loud and clear, this team was wrongly built, we can't do too much about it, what we need to do is not to expect too much good things from this team, and I'm saying this with sad! :squint:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have made a habit to read your posts as telegrams; full stops at each of your commas with Shatner's voice.

I do agree with most of your posts, so this is just a weird fact, nothing more.

Reactions: JLP

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you watched AC tonight, they inflated yet another Carey Price controversy.

It began on Wednesday's show, when they alluded to his lack of smiling and how fans are paying his salary and he always has a long face.

Then, last night, AC ran a video of the post-game salute following the Habs's win over the Devils, where you can see Habs players gathered in the middle of the ice with their sticks up thanking the fans. Right behind them was Price, who chose not to join them and skated straight for the bench, without ever raising his stick or acknowledging the fans.

AC claims that social media is all over this. I'm guessing they mean franco social media? Somehow, the usual suspects are going to be eating this whole, starting with the Journal de Montréal and stains like Reggie Tremblay.

Of course AC already knows why Price isn't celebrating -- they claim that he's sulking over getting booed when his play was horrendous not so long ago. They failed to mention that Price was brutally attacked on several non-mainstream scumbag gossip sports sites, that claimed they had insider knowledge about Price's alleged illicit relationships and about how big a controversy Price was involved in and how people would be shocked when the "truth" came out.

Well, none of that came to pass but not without Price's character getting assassinated and his wife rebuffing the rumors on social media. And so, he's mistrustful now, not as affable or cooperative during media interviews, he gives curt answers, he looks very annoyed. One thing is certain, if AC is the leetch leading the charge, you can bet there will be a groundswell of parrots doing the same and Price would be an easy target with his checkered play this year and that bloated contract kicking in next year.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I only saw the 3rd period. Price wasn't really tested. The devils play a good, new age style though.... Just missing some key pieces.

Gotta give credit to hudon though. It was a minor miracle how he got that puck to plekanec.

I also thought galchenyuk had the best period I've seen from him all season.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

It began on Wednesday's show, when they alluded to his lack of smiling and how fans are paying his salary and he always has a long face.

Then, last night, AC ran a video of the post-game salute following the Habs's win over the Devils, where you can see Habs players gathered in the middle of the ice with their sticks up thanking the fans. Right behind them was Price, who chose not to join them and skated straight for the bench, without ever raising his stick or acknowledging the fans.

AC claims that social media is all over this. I'm guessing they mean franco social media? Somehow, the usual suspects are going to be eating this whole, starting with the Journal de Montréal and stains like Reggie Tremblay.

Of course AC already knows why Price isn't celebrating -- they claim that he's sulking over getting booed when his play was horrendous not so long ago. They failed to mention that Price was brutally attacked on several non-mainstream ******* gossip sports sites, that claimed they had insider knowledge about Price's alleged illicit relationships and about how big a controversy Price was involved in and how people would be shocked when the "truth" came out.

Well, none of that came to pass but not without Price's character getting assassinated and his wife rebuffing the rumors on social media. And so, he's mistrustful now, not as affable or cooperative during media interviews, he gives curt answers, he looks very annoyed. One thing is certain, if AC is the leetch leading the charge, you can bet there will be a groundswell of parrots doing the same and Price would be an easy target with his chekered play this year and that bloated contract kicking in next year.
So you watch AC??

I believe they are smarter then you think :)

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't recall watching a worse version of the Habs for a very long time. The delicate handiwork of Marc Bergevin is on display. It makes me queasy.
Noboby can lose them all. Ha!

No matter how bad you are, just showing up the NHL schedule gives you 25-30 wins a year, plus loser points.

Everyone should get a trophy. :sarcasm:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have made a habit to read your posts as telegrams; full stops at each of your commas with Shatner's voice.

I do agree with most of your posts, so this is just a weird fact, nothing more.
:laugh:
"Damn it Jim, Im a doctor not a centerman"

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The team truly is a representation of its captain. Inconsistent , streaky , can get hot for few games in a row and seems to fade when things get tough.

Its almost scary when u think about it lol
True. But every bad hockey team and last place team in history can make claim to that. "get hot for a few games" "fade when things get tough" "streaky"

Last edited:

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

Of course AC already knows why Price isn't celebrating -- they claim that he's sulking over getting booed when his play was horrendous not so long ago. They failed to mention that Price was brutally attacked on several non-mainstream ******* gossip sports sites, that claimed they had insider knowledge about Price's alleged illicit relationships and about how big a controversy Price was involved in and how people would be shocked when the "truth" came out.

Well, none of that came to pass but not without Price's character getting assassinated and his wife rebuffing the rumors on social media. And so, he's mistrustful now, not as affable or cooperative during media interviews, he gives curt answers, he looks very annoyed. One thing is certain, if AC is the leetch leading the charge, you can bet there will be a groundswell of parrots doing the same and Price would be an easy target with his chekered play this year and that bloated contract kicking in next year.

No surprise AC is attacking Price and Galchenyuk, they already got rid of Subban. AC is the lowest common denominator Qc shit-disturbing media, Allo Police in suits. Bergy's one of the clan, so they will attack anyone but him, and their legions of rubes basically gobble it up. AC are the guys behind the curtain pulling the levers, been running/ruining the team for years. No way Anglo Boy Molson wants to go up against that provincial power base so he lets things ride and why not? It's not smart business to insult your customers, just be politic and leave them to waddle in their own shit lol

Reactions: Runner77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You’re in the minority. That game was awful. Happy Habs won but that’s not entertainment. The empty seats would agree with me. This Habs product is horrible.
Just terrible for viewers.

60 plus minutes of hockey and even the most generous of Habs fans have only a 3 on 3 play to talk about. YAWN

Reactions: Zorba

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you watch AC??

I believe they are smarter then you think :)

Are they now? I watch and listen to a multiplicity of sources. They are just one amongst many.

So that's all it took to raise their stock? It didn't take much. :laugh:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Hearing this and it is just not surprising star players choose not to come to Montreal. AC can moan all they want but unless MB does to Price what he did to PK, we are going to have 8 more years of Price starting next season. IMO, doesn't make for great TV to complain about the same player for half the year, 8-years straight.

Anyhow, it's not like Price was ever a lively and quote-grabbing interview, so as long as he doesn't smack kids with his stick and drop F-bombs at autograph signings, not being super cheerful doesn't concern me at all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hudon has been the best story this year. Persevered thru being yo yo'd by the organization the last few yrs
Yo yo'd?

He played a total of 6 NHL games over 3 professional seasons in the AHL.

Hudon is one of the few players who the Habs actually handed correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad