Post-Game Talk: Bedeviled Habs get off the Schneid, Beat Joisey in OT 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Did Houde think the Habs won the stanley cup or something? He legit lost his **** when they scored. And before that he had a CNN breaking news moment where he announced that the Bruins lost vs. the Caps.

I used to love Houde but I think he's starting to lose it a bit..

He's been bad for a couple of years now imo. Can hardly follow the game. Acting like a fefan. Clearly prefer some players to others.

Reactions: Emily

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Did Houde think the Habs won the stanley cup or something? He legit lost his **** when they scored. And before that he had a CNN breaking news moment where he announced that the Bruins lost vs. the Caps.

I used to love Houde but I think he's starting to lose it a bit..
Wait till Saturday's game and you'll love Houde again.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What a great play by Hudon in OT. Fended off 3 NJ Devils to get the puck to Pleks coming off the bench. I love this kid.

Having Drouin & Pacioretty start the OT was shocking. Then Chucky & Byron got the 2nd shift! I like those pairs.

Hilarious that most people in the GDT were riding Pleks then he scores. :laugh:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Fun game! Some nice chances down the stretch. Drouin has the ability to be a difference maker when he turns it on.

Schneider is more of a stand-up guy, smart on Plekanec to just get him to move his feet a tad and then go five hole.

Jordie Benn with a few grenades there ...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How funny would it be if Julien says to the media in a few minutes "how about that Pleky in OT now hey guys" while having a huge smile on his face. :)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
What a great play by Hudon in OT. Fended off 3 NJ Devils to get the puck to Pleks coming off the bench. I love this kid.

Having Drouin & Pacioretty start the OT was shocking. Then Chucky & Byron got the 2nd shift! I like those pairs.

Hilarious that most people in the GDT were riding Pleks then he scores. :laugh:

I don't think it's hilarious. He scored while used exactly how people said he should be. Does he scores if he starts against stronger opposition?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Another Asst.Capt. scores the OT winner, Plecky beating one of the NHL's best one on one in OT. I guess playing him later in OT works for the Habs & the experts!!!...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Even though galchenyuk turned the puck over around340 of the the ot period. He tried to drive it to the net. That’s where all the scoring chances are.

That play by hudon was fantastic.. road hockey like when I compete against the 5 year olds on my street.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Transition hockey creates chances. Habs on the back end have below average PMD. Jerabek should not sit. He is excellent at moving the puck quickly.

Reactions: Yoor

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hopefully tonight was a wake up call for Habs management that they should trade Pacioretty. He got hurt in the 3rd and it looked like it was serious. Luckily he came back. Move him before he gets hurt and a trade becomes impossible.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If the Captain was playing like he is suppose to play, this team would be much more competitive. What the hell happened to him. He looks clearly slower.

Reactions: CDN24

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't think it's hilarious. He scored while used exactly how people said he should be. Does he scores if he starts against stronger opposition?

It's the irony I find hilarious, but yeah, CJ mixed it up & got his offensive players out early.

Drouin, Chucky & Hudon out shifts 1, 2 & 3. The result is good offensive chances & a win.

Good on CJ to finally switch it up.

Reactions: sandviper
Apr 28, 2010
If the Captain was playing like he is suppose to play, this team would be much more competitive. What the hell happened to him. He looks clearly slower.

He looks done to me. There are still slow players out there who can still play hockey.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A sad win solely because this management is just really thinking that a win likes this proves so much when in the end, they should have lost that game. Against an average team missing their top offensive players. Playing a really boring type of hockey. And somehow, that management, while looking at all those empty seats, are fine with everything.

And then people wonder the SUPPOSED FANS that we are wish this team loses. That would be because they have no vision and that's really the only way they'd see that something isn't working properly. Don't blame us. Blame them. But hey, we won against the almighty Devils...it's all good. When we look awful in the trip....it would be just an accident...but next time we win 1 game...THAT will be a sign that everything is fine.

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
On the last 2017 game at home, nothing better than to have a win, ending Plekanec's 17-game goalest drought, and with the standings showing that to reach the playoffs, we need to be at top 3 in Atlantic, due to the powerhouse teams in Metropolitan, that was indeed a precious win!

But again, the poor score situation continues, and this team, if they want to win something, couldn't be dependent on Price's performance, we as a team, are too much dependent on our goalie, and the momentum he's having, could be lost anytime, this should have been addressed a while ago, but having us the GM and the Owner too, this is still and ongoing issue and it's not expected to be solved soon!

We're a ups and downs team, we thought after our 5-game winning streak, we were on the road to achieve something, but the reality showed us otherwise, there's still too much to work to obtain something, which is, 1st of all, to reach the playoffs, for win the cup, sincerely and unfortunately, I think we aren't cup contenders, but time will tell what the end of this season will be!

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Nice getting a win before a 7 games road. Not exactly a great display but a win is a win

That said PP still sucks. 3 PP and 0 shots ? Thats beyond terrible

Reactions: Tyson and PhysicX

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Might be the last win of the 2017. They suck on the road and really suck against the west and really, really suck on west coast trips through Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad