Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Great game by the Bears today, Trubisky showed tremendous confidence. Hope this is a huge stepping stone for the club.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Terrible loss for the Eagles.... Really sucks to see that.

As for Rodgers coming back, isn't it pretty slim for them to actually come back and get into the playoffs? Pretty much have to win out and get lucky?

Like I know Rodgers is god tier but I find it hard to believe that Vikings will lose out and Panthers-Saints-Falcons-Seahawks won't take the other two.

Remaining schedule is Panthers, Lions, Vikings.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Slept thru Bears game today as I have been sick

I see they won

Any big takeaways from game? Injuries? Moments?

See the horrible news for Eagles ,, Could have done some damage in playoffs this year in wide open NFC with Wentz

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I see they won

See the horrible news for Eagles ,, Could have done some damage in playoffs this year in wide open NFC with Wentz

Trubisky looked really good. The offense in general looked really good.

Defense was good as well. Looks like Pace found a steal in Jackson.

We did play Cinci though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

I see they won

yep:
Trubisky has shown what he can do and Fox has shown why he will get fired. Even if it was the Bengals, you can see what could have been if you give the Kid the ball more than just let him hand it off all the time.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Can't believe some people are complaining about draft slot after that game.

Of course the same people complaining about ti are the ones who says Pace sucks at drafting anyway so does it really matter??

Great day for a number of the kids.

Reactions: Illinihockey

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hopefully, but let's see consistent greatness from him before we anoint him anything. I'm not just saying that to be a downer, I'm saying that because tempered expectations are always a good thing, especially for an organization with the history like the Bears'.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He spent last 3 weeks dinking and dunking Bears into many 3 and outs

I would hope his comp % would be improving. If he cant hit a WR 3 yds out and 4 yds short of 1st down marker we would really have issue

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cutty last night was just amazing

Wonder how Dolphins season would be if Moore hasn't started those two games and been absolute disaster when Cutty was injured

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was always a Cutler guy and last night he was great. That being said, games like last night were what made him so frustrating. The talent was always there and there'd be a game or two every season in which he looked great which made the couple games were he was awful completely maddening. Most of the time he was somewhere between those to, with some good throws and with poor decision making.

To me and I'm sure I'll get crushed for this, him and Eli where always very similar. It's like Eli had the best version of the career (health, team, coaches) and Jay had the worst. I don't know if that's a shot at Eli or a compliment to Jay, but they always seemed close to me in terms of their play but obviously Eli had more team success.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Might have to make the drive to Canton when he gets inducted. One of my favorite Bears ever. (his speech will be very cringe worthy though :laugh:)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Hester will be the ultimate test over the argument on if essentially pure special team players deserve to get in or not. I'm of the opinion that phenomenal return guys, punters, and kickers absolutely deserve it due to the enormous impact that they have on at least the field position battle. The Bears of that era were enormously better thanks to Hester and Gould for that reason alone.

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Hester gave Bears fans a lot of great memories, but the two that stand out for me were:

1. Opening kickoff return against the Colts. Really thought the Bears would win that Super Bowl after the kick off.

2. Kick 6 against the Giants. I remember thinking, "no, no, no, Hester, no" then when he got clear I quickly change it to "you magnificent b**tard."

Most exciting player during the Lovie Smith era. I hope he gets into the HOF and I hope retirement treats him good.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hester gave Bears fans a lot of great memories, but the two that stand out for me were:

1. Opening kickoff return against the Colts. Really thought the Bears would win that Super Bowl after the kick off.

2. Kick 6 against the Giants. I remember thinking, "no, no, no, Hester, no" then when he got clear I quickly change it to "you magnificent b**tard."

Most exciting player during the Lovie Smith era. I hope he gets into the HOF and I hope retirement treats him good.

His return against the Cardinals

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Also of note, I was on the first full day of my honeymoon, also of note I was working on getting over the worst hangover of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad