Beachbody Series Thread (Insanity Max 30 Released)

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Did day 4 today, which was Tabata Power again (same as day 2)...made it through the whole thing without Maxing out :D ..though obviously that means I will have to push myself harder next time I do it.

But that workout is really easy compared to day one and three workouts which leave me dying.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's excellent to knock off that first full non-max out. Keep killing it. And I love your perspective - if you aren't maxing out, you have another level. I totally believe in that. Part of me totally believes you can push yourself to max out no matter what.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've been pushing real hard lately but need a deload week coming up. Before the deload week, i'm going to do the 5 hardest Shaun T workouts but can't think of a #5. What do you guys recommend?

1) Asylum - Vertical PLyo
2) Asylum - Speed & Agility
3) Max 30 - Max Out Sweat
4) T25 Gamma - Speed 3.0
5) ???????

Throw some suggestions.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
My Max 30 update is that I'm restarting the program. I want to get the whole 60 days in as consecutively as possible.

Where's your Insanity hell week update?

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I start my weeks Friday. I never start Monday. I think Monday is the biggest excuse day.

It begins tomorrow. It's going to hurt.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
First two down. Plyo kills. Just kills. I feel like there is no rest on the legs on that one and I even felt them in my S&A workout. :laugh:

Now here comes the most frustrating workout of all time - Max Out Sweat. RIP.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
First two down. Plyo kills. Just kills. I feel like there is no rest on the legs on that one and I even felt them in my S&A workout. :laugh:

Now here comes the most frustrating workout of all time - Max Out Sweat. RIP.
I feel like we would all understand if you weren't quite...*physically* able to do day 4 of your hell week today after the events of last night.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Monday was the off day to rest. 3.0 is tough, but probably the easiest of the group. My shoulders feel good so doing 40903920924 burpees won't kill me.

Max Out Sweat knocks me down so many times. It's almost enjoyable. It's like getting beat up and just getting up and smiling wanting more.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Did Cardio Challenge after some extended time away......down to 13 mins :( from being able to consistently do 30! I'll get it back up there in no time!!

Also, keep on the updates folks. I love reading them. Even if I don't post anything, I still read 'em and they make me motivated.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Monday was the off day to rest. 3.0 is tough, but probably the easiest of the group. My shoulders feel good so doing 40903920924 burpees won't kill me.

Max Out Sweat knocks me down so many times. It's almost enjoyable. It's like getting beat up and just getting up and smiling wanting more.
I'm not looking forward to Max Out Sweat next month...

I restarted Max 30 yesterday. I did a "preseason" week last week where I did Core Cardio & Balance from Insanity 4 times, Max Out 15 once, and Max Out Strength once. My goal was to better prepare myself to push farther in Max 30.

Made it to 12:10 in Cardio Challenge yesterday, and 14:11 in Tabata Power today. Those are massive increases over when I started the program cold back in May.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Friday Fight Round 2 tonight and I take a nice little relaxation deload week of about 3 workouts to recover.

Let's. Go.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
My experience over the years:

While I think Beachbody products are good for people just trying to stay/get in shape that don't experience a lot of physical exertion day to day, they are awful for athletes who regularly play a sport. Always seemed to have a nagging injury pop up during hockey or soccer after completing a cycle (and this is after 7 years of off an on use). Never had to miss any time thankfully, but would often experience discomfort. Now I'm in my mid 20s, playing competitive soccer/hockey 4 times a week year round and have had no issues. My body obviously has more miles on it and I haven't changed anything outside of completely stopping beachbody for over 2 years now. Even my weight training has stayed pretty consistent.

I'm sure there are many people who have had a great experience while playing a ton of sports, it just didn't seem to work for me. My form was good as well, but maybe I just wasn't giving myself enough down time for my body to recover.

p90x on the other hand, I love.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Awesome numbers already.

That prep week made all the difference. I feel a lot stronger pushing through this week. We'll see how Sweat Intervals goes since that always seems to be my shortest max out of the first month videos...
Friday Fight Round 2 tonight and I take a nice little relaxation deload week of about 3 workouts to recover.

Let's. Go.

That's awesome, man. You crushed it. FFR2 is a great one to end on, I believe, because it's not repetitive with a different move each minute. It's not easy, but it's a worthwhile challenge. I would imagine you'll feel pretty amazing to have powered through the hell week.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Going to do max out cardio for the 1st time in about 45 mins..... I hope I don't die.

Goddamn. Didn't even make 10 mins. 9:34

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad