Beachbody Series Thread (Insanity Max 30 Released)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^^ You are going to hate FFR2 by the end of this. :laugh: Looks like the numbers are improving man. Kill it.

Even though it was supposed to be my deload week, I worked out a ton with hockey/tennis and even went to the weight room twice to do some light work to keep the muscles going. I just kept it light. I absolutely hate not getting activity in. I sit in an office all day and cannot stand not being active.

Tennis season is in full swing now for my cardio so it's going to be a lot of strength, tennis, and hockey til summer's end.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Going to do max out cardio for the 1st time in about 45 mins..... I hope I don't die.

Goddamn. Didn't even make 10 mins. 9:34

:laugh::laugh: I love it! This was my reaction, too, basically.

It is a serious badass workout. Man I love the Max:30 program....it's the only BB series one I have never got bored with or tired of. Brilliantly designed

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I got a little ambitious on Friday and tried to do Tabata Strength and FFR2 back to back. I was drained and tired after TS, but I didn't listen to my body. On the first warm up exercise in FFR2 (medicine ball twists) I pulled something good in my back. I think it's my lower trap, but not positive. It's close to the spine, about equal to the bottom of the shoulder blade.

I haven't done any videos since Friday to try and rest it so it's feeling better, but I was curious what you guys think about how long I should rest it to try and make sure I don't reaggravate it right away.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I've pulled that muscle before, it's annoying but heals pretty fast.. a few days and a foam roller you should be okay to do the videos.

Speaking of which I am skipping FFR2 tonight. I'm just too tired and sore. I want to do it too but I'll be even more sore tomorrow if I do.

Blah blah excuses I know lol

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Max out power last night, 13:34...

I love these dvds... they're a great fill in for non gym days, or a overkill.warm up before the gym when I'm feeling ambitious..

Last edited:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think that's the good part of Insanity DVDs. You can constantly throw them in. If you don't want to go to the gym, you just toss a DVD in. There is no cheating.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
FFR2 today and then back / traps at the gym... should be a good one

*Edit: holy **** that was intense. The hardest workout I've done since mma training years ago!

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Felt the urge to fire Max 30 back up today so I started from the start. Cardio Challenge. Haven't touched the program in over a year.

Max out time of 7:08 which is... decent, I guess. My abs hurt so bad though :laugh: I forgot how hard this program pushes you. But I also forgot how fun it was. I might be back in for another cycle!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Old school Insanity today. Did Pure Cardio and it was a blast - what a fun idea to get that DVD out again!

I said this to my fiancee after working out today. She just gave me a look that said I was the craziest person for thinking that kind of torture could be fun in any way. I just laugh. :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Personally I don't think it's possible to go long in FFR2. That one is just insanely tough. Just laugh and enjoy the pain. I honestly think I made it to 10 minutes once. ONCE. And I've done that work out a ton.

I'll grab my folder and check out my absolute max on that one in like 40 tries.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Thinking of giving P90X another shot. I'm literally doing nothing right now, safe for the occasional bike ride, and would like to complete Phase 1 before my vacation at the end of august. I find that when I only use the audio cues, and put on my metal playlist, I love doing the workouts. If I have to listen to Tony Horton through the whole thing I want to throw my weights through my window.

I'm also going to be getting back into jiu-jitsu so I have to find a balance to not burn myself out.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
All this talk of FFR2 and Round 1 just kicked my ass back and forth for thirty mins. What the hell :laugh:

Granted, my goal was to make it at least halfway to the first water break (15 mins), and I got to 8:00 before maxing out, so I'm pleased. :)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
FFR2 is so dope. Hard as hell but like enjoyable painful sweaty exertion.

Did max out sweat today. Kinda half assed but I did it.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Do you guys do any sort of warm up and stretch before IM30, or do you just jump right into the video?

I keep having minor pains occurring these past several weeks (probably partially a product of moving into my 30s), and I'm wondering if it's because I don't stretch enough before starting the videos.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you guys do any sort of warm up and stretch before IM30, or do you just jump right into the video?

I keep having minor pains occurring these past several weeks (probably partially a product of moving into my 30s), and I'm wondering if it's because I don't stretch enough before starting the videos.

Since it's summer, I go for a walk before. It's so hot that it warms me up. Then I do some light jumping (jump rope) just to feel ready.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just bought Asylum Vol 1 and 2. I'm ready to get into it.

I just finished up T25 Gamma. That was a fun routine.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Speed 3.0 is a very underrated workout. If you need a great 25 minute workout, there you go.

I ****ing love Asylum. Please keep us updated with your thoughts. Speed & Agility, Strength, and Vertical Plyo are awesome. Plyo is freaking rough. It can frustrate you at times because it puts you on your ass. Not a huge fan of the Back to Core DVD, but it's still good.

I literally make sure I do Speed & Agility once a week. It kills me every time. There has never been a time where i was like "Yeah.. that was easy today."

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Speed 3.0 is a very underrated workout. If you need a great 25 minute workout, there you go.

I ****ing love Asylum. Please keep us updated with your thoughts. Speed & Agility, Strength, and Vertical Plyo are awesome. Plyo is freaking rough. It can frustrate you at times because it puts you on your ass. Not a huge fan of the Back to Core DVD, but it's still good.

I literally make sure I do Speed & Agility once a week. It kills me every time. There has never been a time where i was like "Yeah.. that was easy today."

Speed 3.0 is great indeed. My gf hates doing it :laugh:

I was slacking off the past two days, so I read through this thread again for motivation. Awesome stuff. I'll keep ya'll updated for sure.

Btw, I just did Tabata strength for the first time....hot damn that kicked my ass. Maxed out at 18 minutes though. Not bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad