#BarrieWatch Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think you guys are reaching by even considering that a long term deal is still being discussed. I doubt the Avs and Newport have communicated much at all since just before the hearing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just don't know who announces it. The league? team? a reporter? It might be out but it still requires someone doing their job on a Sunday.

Anyone with good league sources should be able to get the numbers. It's pretty much the only thing going on today, and everyone knew today was the day, so it's on their radar.

Even if Bob's on a boat, he can just swing by where he's got service real quick, send out a couple confirmation texts, and then tweet the details, and head back out. Work for about two minutes, then kick up his feet and say "I'm done for the day."

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know man. These arbitrators are by the book. As are the NHL. I don't think any numbers would be leaked prior to being official and I'm pretty certain once they're official they can no longer sign any other deal.

Once official, yeah. The decision was likely made within a few hours of the hearing and leaked. Arbiters will give parties as much time and leeway to make their own agreement. They don't want to have to decide, but will when required.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't know about you guys but I like it very much. Of course we all love the sounds of 6 or 7 years but term is scary for a defenseman. Plus the AAV would be much higher. 3 years of 5.5 as an RFA is a sweet deal for a Colorado. Throw in a UFA year at the same price and it's a freakin steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad