Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Mitchell to sign somebody else.

Meh, he only has 1 year left.

Save 1.26 mill in cap space this year, but lose 0.633 in cap space next year. Not worth it, since the remaining UFAs on the market aren't great, and Avs aren't making any noise this upcoming season anyways. Just maximize cap space for 17/18, when you also have Iggy/Stuart off the books. Not to mention, needing to fill his role on the roster, so that 1.26 million in cap space savings really is only like 0.26.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Mitchell to sign somebody else.

I believe the buyout has to be equal to or above the current "walk away" $$

11.18 Ordinary Course Buy-Outs Outside the Regular Period. Clubs shall have the right to
exercise Ordinary Course Buy-Outs outside the regular period for Ordinary Course Buy-Outs in
accordance with Paragraph 13(c)(ii) of the SPC. Each Club shall be limited to no more than
three (3) such Buy-Outs outside the regular period over the term of this Agreement pursuant to
Paragraph 13 of the SPC. However, in the event that a Club has only one salary arbitration
hearing pursuant to Section 12.3(a) in a given League Year, such Club shall not be entitled to
exercise such an Ordinary Course Buy-Out outside the regular period. Moreover, a Club shall
not be entitled to exercise an Ordinary Course Buy-Out outside the regular period for: (i) any
Player who was not on the Club's Reserve List as of the most recent Trade Deadline, or (ii) any
Player with an Averaged Amount less than $2,750,000. The dollar amount of $2,750,000 set
forth in this Section 11.18 shall be increased on an annual basis at the same percentage rate of
annual increase as the Average League Salary

Last edited:

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Yup and he cashed out and went to Buffalo like dis

giphy.gif

But that was only because a mystery driver crashed his car, right? :sarcasm:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm sure both sides are aware of what's been awarded by now. Frei seems to be trying his best to keep up on this so I'll give hi the benefit of the doubt and say he gets us the number within the next 30 minutes or so.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I'm sure both sides are aware of what's been awarded by now. Frei seems to be trying his best to keep up on this so I'll give hi the benefit of the doubt and say he gets us the number within the next 30 minutes or so.

I say we hear about it from the # of moneybags Barrie puts on his next instagram pic. :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I forgot that it had to be over a certain amount.... Scratch that.

I'm sure both sides already know the ruling. You can only hope that they come to an agreement now... I just really doubt that is happening.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
I forgot that it had to be over a certain amount.... Scratch that.

I'm sure both sides already know the ruling. You can only hope that they come to an agreement now... I just really doubt that is happening.

They can't. Once that email from the arbitrator goes thru to the Avs/Newport, that's the contract, no more negotiating.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They can't. Once that email from the arbitrator goes thru to the Avs/Newport, that's the contract, no more negotiating.

That is not the way things really work. They may not get the official email, but it would be communicated prior to so they get a last chance. I'm sure they've known for a day or so.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That is not the way things really work. They may not get the official email, but it would be communicated prior to so they get a last chance. I'm sure they've known for a day or so.

I don't know man. These arbitrators are by the book. As are the NHL. I don't think any numbers would be leaked prior to being official and I'm pretty certain once they're official they can no longer sign any other deal.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Seems plausible they could ask the arbitrator to hold off on his decision for a couple hours if one last negotiation is in the works though, right? Who does that hurt? Probably just wishful thinking though

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It would be so Newport/Avs to wait the full 48 hours after the hearing until the last literal minute before the contract is official to start any meaningful negotiations, and reach a long term deal. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad