#BarrieWatch Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good to know when the 48 hours are up but I'm still not sure anyone is going to report the deal. I guess we'll see.

The Friedman/McKenzie/Dreger types will hopefully be on it. They won't require sources with the Avs to know the numbers.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
7 years, 40 million.

Hahaha. Just joking. It is newport. Is there any way they can sign a half a season, then negotiate at Christmas. I'm guessing that is what newport will want.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
7 years, 40 million.

Hahaha. Just joking. It is newport. Is there any way they can sign a half a season, then negotiate at Christmas. I'm guessing that is what newport will want.

Goddamit. I fell for it. I saw the number and my eyes lit up for a moment and then I saw the J/K and was cursing your soul. :laugh:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I should be prepared for the incoming disappointment, but I'm still going to be pissed when the arbitrators ruling is announced.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I should be prepared for the incoming disappointment, but I'm still going to be pissed when the arbitrators ruling is announced.

Agreed. It just feels like ROR all over again. Which is disappointing as I thought Barrie's scenario would play out differently. Though in fairness, no OS is involved currently.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At this point if a deal was going to be made, I think it already would have been. I'm expecting the 2 year ~10.5m ruling to be announced any minute now.

I do think it will be interesting to see if the Avs use the second buyout window.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
At this point if a deal was going to be made, I think it already would have been. I'm expecting the 2 year ~10.5m ruling to be announced any minute now.

I do think it will be interesting to see if the Avs use the second buyout window.

And buy-out who? The only albatross of a contract is Iggy, who's 35+, so no cap relief.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
There likely won't be a signing announcement. I wouldn't doubt that the Avs try and take another stab at long term. They will have an arbiters ruling to go by, and maybe both sides can look at it more faily. Again, Newport, So I am guess they want to hit UFA on the nose and make bank.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Didn't we give ROR a two year deal that took him to UFA?

I think the Avs did it as a sign of good faith, hoping to negotiate and not be forced to trade ROR. Newport promptly wiped their buttocks with it and threw it back in their face.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

We don't really have any qualifying contracts that they would want to buyout though (at least that would help them cap wise)

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Yup, could've taken a 1 year deal, but Avs decide to go with a 2 year deal, which was utterly stupid. Hopefully they learned from that mistake.

They went with the two year deal to avoid going through the same process a second time. ROR was only interested in getting to UFA as fast as possible.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They went with the two year deal to avoid going through the same process a second time. ROR was only interested in getting to UFA as fast as possible.

I don't think so. Signing in buffalo a year before UFA proved all that stuff was false.

He just wanted to get his $7.5m. Similarly, Barrie probably just wants his $6.5m.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Yup and he cashed out and went to Buffalo like dis

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad