Barrie is miscast

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How much of his contract would
We have to retain to move this guy?

Zero. Put him on a team that can afford to insulate him with better defensemen, and I'm sure he'll thrive. Just because he neither fits the coaching system nor the other personnel we have back there doesn't mean he has no value. I'm sure multiple GMs out there would be thrilled to have his whole contract for the full duration. We just need the right return back, and even then probably not until the summer, because unless we trade RHD for RHD the defense gets worse this year with any Barrie trade.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
You think it's a coincidence that his 3 good years were when he was trying to make the team and then trying to stay with the team followed by trying to get a big pay day? There are your 3 seasons.

As soon as he is paid its just a coincidence he has his worst season, by far? Yeah sure. The team was bad most of the last 3 years and he put up numbers and now he can't?

This happens time and time again with athletes, it's not a huge surprise. And if you had read the rest of my post I also theorize that it isn't just about getting paid, it is probably also about getting jacked around by the organization and having to go to the arbitration process where the team tells you how bad you are. That is why you don't go to arbitration, because it's a lose lose scenario. You can find posts I made in the summer where I postulated that this very thing could happen. Just another idiot move by our idiot organization and front office
Bednar has totally killed Barrie's game. Tyson's success is based upon the fact that he's a dynamic skater with good eye for space. His game is based on finding holes in the defense and giving his team a numerical advantage. There is a reason that his two signature moves are skating the puck through the neutral zone when the forechecker gets caught too high and coming down the wall when the other teams defense get's scrambly. Tyson doesn't have the license to make those plays right now, and it's crippling his game. He is only effective when you let him do his thing, which is to use his dynamic skating and stickhandling to jump into the play when the other team makes a mistake.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar has totally killed Barrie's game. Tyson's success is based upon the fact that he's a dynamic skater with good eye for space. His game is based on finding holes in the defense and giving his team a numerical advantage. There is a reason that his two signature moves are skating the puck through the neutral zone when the forechecker gets caught too high and coming down the wall when the other teams defense get's scrambly. Tyson doesn't have the license to make those plays right now, and it's crippling his game. He is only effective when you let him do his thing, which is to use his dynamic skating and stickhandling to jump into the play when the other team makes a mistake.

Barrie in Edmonton would have a LOT of offensive success.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The problem is, with all the defensemen on this team who try to play defense and can't, we can't afford to pay a guy to be a multi-million dollar blueliner if he's crippled by simply asking him to try and play defense first.

Yetti090

Jul 1, 2014
Manchester, England
You think it's a coincidence that his 3 good years were when he was trying to make the team and then trying to stay with the team followed by trying to get a big pay day? There are your 3 seasons.

As soon as he is paid its just a coincidence he has his worst season, by far? Yeah sure. The team was bad most of the last 3 years and he put up numbers and now he can't?

This happens time and time again with athletes, it's not a huge surprise. And if you had read the rest of my post I also theorize that it isn't just about getting paid, it is probably also about getting jacked around by the organization and having to go to the arbitration process where the team tells you how bad you are. That is why you don't go to arbitration, because it's a lose lose scenario. You can find posts I made in the summer where I postulated that this very thing could happen. Just another idiot move by our idiot organization and front office

You're joking right? The team was playoff bound or competing for a playoff spot each of those 3 years! This year the TEAM SUCKS. He has NO ONE around him to help him. Yes it is coincidence that he is slumping with the REST OF THE TEAM this year. Name 1 guy on our team this year that is outperforming their contract and you might have a very slight point. But to sit there and say he is cranky because the organization "jacked him around"....they ended up paying him 5.5 mil and not going to arb. These guys fully understand they are apart of a business and not a feel good corp where everyone loves everyone. Put an actual Dman next to him or a coach that allows him to play the way he is meant to play or on a different team and you are singing a different tune my friend. This is just absolute silliness

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You're joking right? The team was playoff bound or competing for a playoff spot each of those 3 years! This year the TEAM SUCKS. He has NO ONE around him to help him. Yes it is coincidence that he is slumping with the REST OF THE TEAM this year. Name 1 guy on our team this year that is outperforming their contract and you might have a very slight point. But to sit there and say he is cranky because the organization "jacked him around"....they ended up paying him 5.5 mil and not going to arb. These guys fully understand they are apart of a business and not a feel good corp where everyone loves everyone. Put an actual Dman next to him or a coach that allows him to play the way he is meant to play or on a different team and you are singing a different tune my friend. This is just absolute silliness

Bourque :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad