Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Tucson adds an empty netter and Cuda lose 3-1.

Entertaining game, but a loss nonetheless. Chrona had a solid game in his first game back in the AHL.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Tucson taking a ton of penalties in the first, which is pretty on brand for them. Gushchin finally gets a goal near the end of the period and it’s 1-0 after the first. We are 1 for 3 on the PP already and in the middle of a fourth. Makiniemi only had to make 6 saves, though.

We have got some seriously loud dogs in attendance today.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Jenik hits Cardwell high, two minutes to go.

Several other misconducts handed out, as these refs have no idea how to control this game. This is a mess.

Edit: Final score is 4-0, but I don’t want to undersell what a gong show the end of the game was. Tucson ended the game with six guys sent to the locker room.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I don't normally post the Barracuda highlight package because all they usually do is show the goals that were scored, this one's mostly no different. But Tucson didn't put one out and I didn't put up the last two goals. Barracuda 4, Roadrunners 0.

But yeah, more importantly, what this package isn't going to show is that this game was just 60 minutes of the Roadrunners losing their minds on us. God, what an unlikable team. Anytime I can say that our power play went 3 for 9, something's gone very wrong. Even the Soderstrom tripping penalty was because he wound up and chopped Sabourin's legs out in a dangerous spot.

The final tally: 87 penalty minutes for Tucson and 71 for us. There were nine misconducts handed out in the last two minutes. Five for Tucson (Jenik, Doan, Onyebuchi, Douglas, Barron) and four for us (Kaspick, Sabourin, Lindblom, Cardwell). Cardwell was especially confusing, since he was the one that got hit high in the first place, and then the refs booted him in the aftermath. So our PIM numbers just became a little screwy.

In fact Sabourin got tossed because he was talking to them while they were reviewing the headshot, or whatever they were doing on the tablet. There was kind of a lot happening at that point. Two fights near the end, too: Kaspick-Jenik and Frisch-McCartney.

I do like that we didn't get suckered into taking a bunch of bad penalties ourselves. We took a few. But last year's team probably would've been happy to oblige and drag our performance down with it.

Also, Makiniemi got the shutout. He's had a couple good outings. Not trying to minimize it at all, but Tucson barely challenged him in this game, IMO. But he didn't give up any soft ones.

Saw late tonight that Josh Doan got recalled from Tucson. And really, good for him. I like that he's proving he wasn't just a nepo pick.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Nathan Todd adds one to make it 2-0. We’re looking good tonight. Ontario has given us trouble all season.

That’s your score after one.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Akil Thomas cuts the lead to 2-1 on a rush. That was a good play from them. Been a pretty quiet game overall. Not even any penalties so far.

(As soon as I say that Ontario goes to the box for hooking)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Alright I’m a jinx. Hooking call turned into a 5 on 3, which we didn’t convert on. Reign tie it up on the power play after a trip by Vincent. 2-2 after two.

That was a good keep by Tynan, though.

• Wow

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Alright I’m a jinx. Hooking call turned into a 5 on 3, which we didn’t convert on. Reign tie it up on the power play after a trip by Vincent. 2-2 after two.

I don’t appreciate the jinx but I appreciate your work in this thread to make it easy for me and others to follow the Cuda and get a feel for our prospects down there. Thank you very much, sir!

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Ontario gets one late to make it 3-2. Studnicka got decked bringing the puck into the zone and back the other way it went. Been barely any stoppages in this period. 2:35 to go now..

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
3-2 is your final. I mean, there's just been too many of these type of games this season. Once Ontario started to get things going you just sort of expected the game to go this way. Nikita Zadorov's quote about the Kings today perfectly encapsulates the Reign too. Just look at their goals tonight. Three turnovers leading to opportunities (goal 1 happened when Frisch's shot didn't make it to the net on the other end). Aaron Dell looked shaky in the first and then shut us down the rest of the game.

Season's almost done, ten games to go. We're almost mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, just one more loss OR one more win for Abbotsford. Just, y'know, so we can make that official rather than just obvious.

Bucheler, the new guy, has some pretty decent tools to work with. He skates well for a big guy and looks confident with the puck. He had a few questionable decisions tonight, but it's his first game, of course he did.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad