Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Staff (coaches only?) or players?

Player-wise, we actually have a lot of this team still under contract for next year. Guys like Todd and Sabourin were signed for two years, most of the defensemen still have at least another year on their deals.

Most of the guys on expiring deals that are still down here, I'd be perfectly fine with letting them walk.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Player-wise, we actually have a lot of this team still under contract for next year. Guys like Todd and Sabourin were signed for two years, most of the defensemen still have at least another year on their deals.

Most of the guys on expiring deals that are still down here, I'd be perfectly fine with letting them walk.
Do you happen to have a list, or know where one can see said list?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Do you happen to have a list, or know where one can see said list?

Of the guys expiring? As far as I know, it's:

NHL Deals:
Lindblom- Has been meh even at this level
Peterson- Injured off and on most of the year
Studnicka- Shows flashes of potential, but a very up and down player. I'd say we bring him back just because we gave up a draft pick for him. He's also had injuries, so fair to question if he hasn't been healthy for a lot of the year
Coe- He makes a good play now and then, but he's mostly invisible. Sometimes healthy scratched.
Makiniemi- Gets hurt pretty often, is probably behind Romanov now as well

AHL Deals:
Cassels- He does a lot down here (PP, PK) and puts up points, so if we brought him back I'd have no issue. I know there are other guys out there who can fill this role, though.
Kaspick- Does fine as a 4C, but there's plenty of AHL 4Cs out there
Vincent- Was hurt most of the year, then showed something for a couple games last month, but then immediately got hurt again. Probably can write him off.
Carroll- Has only played one game with us, N/A
Rau- He's been fine as a second liner, but he's not irreplaceable.
Frisch- Bring him back, please.

Kinal, MacEachern, Marek, Warm (probably others I'm forgetting)- ECHL guys

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Booba maintains a list of AHL contracts/expirations on The AHL forum.

Hm, looks like the only thing I missed was that Carroll's under contract next year too. I don't remember anyone ever mentioning that. So, that's another guy returning next season.

Lines for the morning game:

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Gulls strike first, up 1-0 despite the shots being 12-4 SJ.

Cuda then finally break through. First Knyzhov finally gets one on the Cuda's 16th shot of the game, tying it at 1, then Coe shortly thereafter. 2-1 Cuda.

That's your score at the end of the first, Barracuda get 18 shots on goal and finally got rewarded for it towards the end.

(Thought this post was already pretty long, click above for the goal tweets)

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Didn't see much of the second period (Since it's noon and I'm working and all) but there was a lot of scoring in that one. Score is 4-4 at the end of two. Goals from Robins and Carroll on the Barracuda end. Barracuda have 31 (!) SOG through two periods.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Mukhamadullin adds one on a tip to make the final score 6-4. You don't see him just go straight to the net like that often.

It's too bad we don't get to play San Diego very often anymore, hopefully we get them more next year. Nollenberger mentioned that part of the problem is that teams like playing @ San Diego (I wonder why) so they get a lot more opponents visiting their arena.

Good to see Jack Thompson get something at the end, the scoresheet hasn't been kind to him. I do think pairing him with Kinal isn't helping. He's a good player, but hasn't felt like he's made a huge impact so far. His statline thus far is 5 GP, 3 assists, -7. In this game Mukhamadullin/Frisch went +3, while Thompson/Kinal went -3.

1G/1A for: Mukhamadullin, Knyzhov, Coe, Robins. 2A for Pulli. Makiniemi came off the bench in relief and put up 30 saves and 0 GA. Good for him. Romanov did not have his best game in this one.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Bunch of sloppy puck play leads to Coe scoring to make it 1-0 Cuda

Chrona having to make some big saves early. Frisch took something to the face or throat and has just gone to the back.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Score still 1-0 Cuda after the first, but Tucson had the pressure on us for a lot of that period. 16 SOG for them, many chances.

Frisch is back out for the second, good news there.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Think they’ve benched Kinal. He’s had a really rough one today.

Roadrunners player got behind him for a breakaway and he hasn’t been out there since.

• Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Knyzhov with some blatant interference on McCartney, who gets up and throws a punch. No call on the punch. Tucson scores on the power play to make it 1-1, and that’s your score after two. Frustrating way for them to break up the shutout.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad