Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
We seem to have changed the defensive pairings to start the second period. It's now Mukhamadullin-Frisch and Pulli-Thompson. I didn't really feel like Muk and Thompson were gelling that well, so there you go I guess.

Barracuda go on the power play and almost immediately give up a shorthanded goal. 2-1 Icehogs.

After the power play ends, they give up another goal. So it's now 3-1 Rockford, about six minutes into the second.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Second period ends with the score still 3-1. Barracuda had a 5 on 3 at one point and didn't manage to score. Gushchin did at least hit the crossbar during that.

Pretty on-brand period for the Barracuda this season, actually.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cole Cassels gets one 40 seconds into the third, and it's a one-goal game. Primary assist to Cardwell.

--

And the Cuda go on the power play, Tristan Robins scores to tie the game, just like that. Four minutes into the third, we've got a tie game. Cardwell assists on both goals, so he's got three points on the night.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Third period was all Barracuda, we kept them pinned in their zone for minutes at a time. But it ends still at 3-3, so we are headed to OT once again.

And there we lose, once again, for our ninth OT loss on the season. We are 0-9 in the extra frame.

Played well, still lost. Not a unique story this season. Cardwell putting himself back in the conversation for a callup, if that's a thing we're even doing this year.

Tbh, the only thing I'm looking forward to the rest of the season is the new faces we'll get towards the end of the year, i.e. the tryouts and the prospects whose seasons are ending. That can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Joe Carroll is debuting for the Cuda tonight, he replaces Vincent and will be on the second line. I've seen a lot of positive comments on Carroll, but am then unsure why Syracuse traded him for Bellerive.

They're still trying to figure out who to put with Thompson, it seems like.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Rockford opens the scoring with a power play goal on a puck that just bounced off Hardman in front. 1-0 Icehogs.

After that, Scott Sabourin just basically jumped Sanford, that was a stupid one. Sanford and Rau had just gotten into an argument in front of the bench, Sabourin a few seconds later grabs Sanford from behind and throws a few punches. I don't have any idea how he only got two minutes off that.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sabourin ought to sit and cool off for a bit. I've got no idea why he's so worked up right now.

Looked like Rockford had scored on that power play, but on replay, there's no sign the puck ever crossed the line. Don't know how the referee deemed it a goal in the first place. Still 1-0.

--

Well, never mind, now it is 2-0 on a deflection.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cardwell scores on the power play, but credit Studnicka for this play. Good drive with the puck, great setup. 2-1 Icehogs.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

That's from yesterday.

Still 2-1 after one period. Barracuda have been making a habit of hassling Icehogs goalie Commesso, Rockford started complaining to the officials about it and Gushchin got popped for slashing the goalie not too long after. Think the Cuda saw that Sabourin got him triggered with an extra poke early and thought we might be able to rattle him this way.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
End of the second. Rockford makes it 3-1 late in the period on a play the Barracuda were all out of sorts on. Shame, because they played a pretty good period up til then and got nothing to show for it. Commesso's playing well for the Icehogs.

And now we've got some sort of child MMA show during the intermission.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Does feel like it's worth mentioning that Gushchin and Todd are getting some chances, though it's not showing up on the scoresheet. In fact Gushchin has only recorded one point (an assist yesterday) in the five games since he returned from injury.

Barracuda have won only one of their past ten games.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think Romanov should be given the NHL atarting role, just for the fact he has skills beyond the game of hockey.

Anyone that can get there stick stuck standing straight up at the top of the glass deserves to be a starter at the NHL level.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I really cant wait for the season to end to see what happens with the Barracuda. If they dont clean house, its going to indicate a bit of a power imbalance with MG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad