Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
That's a nice looking arena. Lots of on-ice ads though. Are most AHL rinks like that?

Yeah, I did notice that in road games. Couple examples:

Bakersfield
P1280377.jpg

San Diego
Training-Camp-Announcement-10.5.21-FB-6d3abafa1b.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Thought the Barracuda were getting a new logo as part of the rebrand? The logo at centre ice appears to be the same.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Thought the Barracuda were getting a new logo as part of the rebrand? The logo at centre ice appears to be the same.

They are gonna rename the mascot Hombre and are simply adding a thick bushy mustache to the Barracuda in the logo. All they will need to do as far as the ice surface is add the mustache over the logo at center ice. Once they announce everything, of course.

It all fits with the bigger, tougher, more masculine playstyle MG wants.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I’ve always thought the barracuda logo was pretty friggin cool. The new version with the SJ with the Barracuda intertwined is really good.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

That was the rumor, they didn't officially say they would.

The one thing I'd point out is that the jersey they revealed early on had no logo on it (just "CUDA" in diagonal writing), and the teaser that came out last week just showed the shoulder and nothing about what's on the front. Could be nothing, but I'm waiting til Thursday to see.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
That was the rumor, they didn't officially say they would.

The one thing I'd point out is that the jersey they revealed early on had no logo on it (just "CUDA" in diagonal writing), and the teaser that came out last week just showed the shoulder and nothing about what's on the front. Could be nothing, but I'm waiting til Thursday to see.
I hope you’re right. I wish the Sharks would revamp their look as well. The current permanent home and away jerseys are the worst set in the Sharks existence IMO.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I hope you’re right. I wish the Sharks would revamp their look as well. The current permanent home and away jerseys are the worst set in the Sharks existence IMO.
Solid disagree from me. I hate the 2007-2013 set with the yoke and the orange piping so much. Current set is 2nd worst out of the 4.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Feels like the AHL team had plenty of players; no need for warm bodies even with Chmelevski gone. I'm guessing they actually want some element of Johnson's game.

• Wow

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think we have like 19 forwards that could play in the AHL this year. I'd guess Ibragimov and Hamaliuk are more likely to be ECHL bound and there's room for a 13th and 14th forward in the NHL which could be Gadjovich and Viel. So I'm guessing we'll have about 15-16 forwards rotating in the AHL which is fairly reasonable

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They are really loading up on bruisers. Hopefully they dont get played over guys who prove they are worth having in the lineup.
I think it’s more to get a little bit of experience into the lineup. With so many new guys and guys in their first couple years and a brand new head coach, think it makes sense to have a couple veteran guys.

Reactions: 37 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad