Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Simek and Gushkin return to lineup

Jesus, man, I'm legitimately starting to feel like Nollenberger is trying to gaslight me. This was just tweeted out earlier today:

matchups24Mar02.png

Henderson is NOT in a playoff spot. We aren't nine points out of a playoff spot, we are 15 points out of a playoff spot, with only 19 games left on our schedule (and the #7 Condors have four games in hand on us on top of it). There's basically no reason to continue to discuss playoffs for this team. Time to focus on other things.

I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't just stumbled on this information at some point over the last few months, or that nobody's told him.

Oh, and tonight's game is free on AHL TV at 6, if anyone wants to watch. I just posted that but it's a new page, may as well reiterate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sabourin opens the scoring by basically falling into the net right where a rebound ends up being. 1-0 Cuda.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Firebirds finally tie it on their 30th shot

That’s your score after two, 1-1. Not a ton of huge chances but Coachella has 35 SOG through two periods.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Gushchin-Rau-Cardwell
Todd-Cassels-Sabourin
Lindblom-Robins-Coe
Bellerive-Kaspick-Wiesblatt

Mukhamadullin-Thompson
Knyzhov-Guryev
Pulli-Frisch

Romanov
Makiniemi

Apart from Thompson, there isn't anyone new down here. Mukhamadullin and Robins back.

I dunno if it's just me, but I'm getting some weird slowed down audio in some parts.

Thompson is #26.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Artem Guryev with a sloppy high sticking penalty. Texas's top-ranked power play comes onto the ice, and... the feed goes out. So I've got no video.

Shots are 10-2 Texas. Hasn't been a great start by us.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
AHL TV video is back, sans commentary and with weird echoey crowd noise. This is definitely the oddest broadcast I've seen this season.

This is now just pretty much a live feed with poor audio quality.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Another penalty on Guryev as the period ends, score is still 0-0. Barracuda are fortunate in that regard, the Stars are all over them. Cuda aren't helping things with all these unforced errors coming out of their own zone. Shots are 18-5 Texas after the first.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I read Coe and mistook him for Reedy, and wondered how he got back on the Cuda after being traded last year.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cardwell got a couple breakaways on that last shift, but got stopped on both of them.

Barracuda don't have a ton of shots, but they've had a few chances for sure.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Lindblom scores on a fantastic feed from Robins on the PP. 1-0 Cuda.

And then Bellerive, out of nowhere, makes it 2-0.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Score's 2-0 San Jose after the second. I was very impressed with our power play in that period. Two power plays, one goal, and a total of ten shots on goal. We looked good.

Couple guys that I feel have a lot more jump than they've had lately: Cardwell and Wiesblatt. Have liked both of them today. Robins is looking good on his return, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad