Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I know he wanted to finish school but I don't know that he received permission to play hockey again next season.

Maybe if he gets offered an ELC he'll go the same route as McNally, though if he's able to play for Harvard again next season he probably will.

Ah, gotcha.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
They will probably put a few games on comcast home channel. They show some San Jose Giants games.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
...sorry if I missed any news, but any word on if the games will be televised?

Define "televised".

It should be available online via AHL video package.

I'd guess they may show some games on local (SJ) TV. Bulls had 12+ games on local cable channel. (Horrendous production value -- so dark because of Cow Palace lack of "modern" lightning. But SAP at least has good light.)

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Fear the fin has a layout here: http://www.fearthefin.com/2015/7/2/8887889/sharks-sign-haley-mcnally-cundari-as-barracuda-roster-starts-to-take-shape
Based on that at least 3 more forwards and one more dman will be added.

Just like the parent club they go through a training camp and the roster will be announced after that.

Thank you both! And with regards to Meier and Roy, if they don't make the big club does that mean they'll be on this team? I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thank you both! And with regards to Meier and Roy, if they don't make the big club does that mean they'll be on this team? I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

Neither Meier or Roy are eligible to play in the AHL. Both should be back in the Q next season.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Gotcha. Just looked it up, and from what I can tell they have to be at least 20 or have played four years in the Q. Is that right?

Yep, they have to be 20 by Dec. 31st or have completed 4 years in the CHL.

Chartier & Sadowy are two others that aren't eligible for the AHL either.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
While FTF has only four more players to be signed, the Sharks usually have 3-6 "more" depth players in ECHL they can call up.

So, could be 10 or more to be signed. Currently AHL Barracuda has signed no players to AHL deals.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yep, they have to be 20 by Dec. 31st or have completed 4 years in the CHL.

Chartier & Sadowy are two others that aren't eligible for the AHL either.

Damn, was looking forward to seeing some of these guys in person. And as much as I'd like to see Goldobin contribute in the NHL next year, the selfish part of me wants to him to hang around in the AHL for a while. :)

Thanks again for the info sr.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
While FTF has only four more players to be signed, the Sharks usually have 3-6 "more" depth players in ECHL they can call up.

So, could be 10 or more to be signed. Currently AHL Barracuda has signed no players to AHL deals.

Is Gus Young not on an AHL deal? I thought he was.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

At the draft party Sommer said that they had signed multiple players to play in the AHL that would not be announced for awhile.

My guess is that Doremus and Ciampini are signed.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
At the draft party Sommer said that they had signed multiple players to play in the AHL that would not be announced for awhile.

I'm sure there are other deals either done or pending but McCarthy, McNally, Cundari, Langlois, Lerg & Haley are all signings for the Barracuda.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Yeah, and I've never understood why. You'd think with the team moving to a new location they'd be grabbing headlines every chance they could, but that's not the way they do business.

They dont know how to do any of which you just spoke of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad