Barracuda News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
So disappointed to see Toronto hire Sheldon Keefe to coach their AHL team. He was the guy I wanted to see in San Jose in some capacity. Would have been the perfect time to say "thank you and goodbye" to Roy and get some new, young blood in the organization.

I'm not disappointed because hiring Keefe was never going to happen but the move to CA would have been a really good time to make a coaching change.

It's too bad SJ doesn't view their AHL coaches the way many other orgs do, as a possible stepping stone to the NHL.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Guessing Eric has an office there too.

Seeming like more and more the Sharks want that 4-5k arena and that's where they'd be moving the Barracuda (from the Tank).

difren

I was at the rink yesterday morning and they were certainly doing work outside the east rink. It's moving forward. I work in construction and have seen the drawings for the proposed addition. Looks like they slightly changed the exterior rendering, but the design has basically stayed the same.

Also, there isn't a media office on the prints, but that could change. I'd post the drawings, but I don't want to create any problems for myself if there are any non-disclosure agreements between the GC and the Owner. Pretty simple design though.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

Guessing Eric has an office there too.

Seeming like more and more the Sharks want that 4-5k arena and that's where they'd be moving the Barracuda (from the Tank).

So....that jersey looks like the sharks ORIGINAL jersey, not like the crappy mocks we saw on sjbarracuda.com a few months back. I wonder if they're going in vintage after all.

Note: I get this is just a rendering. But why put a different jersey in there, unless its an old mockup.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
So....that jersey looks like the sharks ORIGINAL jersey, not like the crappy mocks we saw on sjbarracuda.com a few months back. I wonder if they're going in vintage after all.

Note: I get this is just a rendering. But why put a different jersey in there, unless its an old mockup.

Those look better than our own jersey's...

difren

Like you said, it's just a rendering. The architect could be a fan from those days and wanted to incorporate it into their design. I would assume this means nothing in regard to the team jerseys, as I highly doubt the team put the image together, it was most likely the GC's architecture team.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Has nothing to do with distance. The AHL West just doesn't want to play 76 games. And, no, I'm not making that up.

It's not gonna be long before the AHL West becomes it's own league is it?

It'll be interesting to see how the PA & AHL handle the difference in number of games from player salary to the playoffs.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
It's not gonna be long before the AHL West becomes it's own league is it?

It'll be interesting to see how the PA & AHL handle the difference in number of games from player salary to the playoffs.

I predict that "AHL West" will be its own league by 17-18. A reduced number of games is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to changes those clubs want. I suspect some of them are deal breakers for the eastern AHL teams.

AHL/PHPA CBA is up on August 31, 2015.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
Allen Americans are playing in Game 7 of the Kelly Cup Finals today at 2 PM (PST), figured I'd post it here since some players who may play on the Baracuda next year are on the team.

Also, why doesn't the ECHL team share a thread for discussion with the AHL team like some of the other Teams have on this site? Just wondering.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
It's crazy because the Allen Americans just won their third consecutive championship, although this is the first in the ECHL, in their first year in the ECHL. The previous two were in the CHL. Well run organization right there, and I love that it's part of the Sharks (for now, at least), and a mere 10 miles from my house. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad