Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Hey, NiWa and Sandisfan you want to try and answer my questions in Post #949. What was to like about my post? LOL

Reactions: Sandisfan

NiWa

Nov 27, 2003
Ireland
Hey, NiWa and Sandisfan you want to try and answer my questions in Post #949. What was to like about my post? LOL
I liked your post because you just kindly restated the question instead of getting offended by the direct reply.

I do lack the expertise to give you an answer though, didn't watch any Cuda games last season.

Just give it a day or two, someone with more insight will provide an answer.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I liked your post because you just kindly restated the question instead of getting offended by the direct reply.

I do lack the expertise to give you an answer though, didn't watch any Cuda games last season.

Just give it a day or two, someone with more insight will provide an answer.

Thanks. I hope so. Has to be a serious Cuda fan out there somewhere.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
This is fine, but I please read my request again. I am after some info as to what line he played on (1st? 2nd? ?). Did he drive the line? Is he physical. Is he good in both ends? Did he get PP or PK duty on a regular basis? The guy put up 47Pts in 63 GP. He was +10 and stayed out of the box. Those are pretty decent numbers.

Anybody else watching this team want to help me out? Thanks.

It's hard to call any of the Barracuda lines 1st/2nd/etc last season. Sommer liked to take a top 9 and jumble them around, switched them up on a regular basis. Perron was the Barracuda's top scorer for the first couple months of the season, he was on a tear. He tailed off a bit somewhere around the start of the new year, but he was still a solid enough contributor. He'll get physical enough. Can't say he's a hard hitter or anything, but he'll get into the dirty areas. Played the power play and now and then on the PK.

He's a talented player at the AHL level and he can produce a lot with the right linemates there. I think he was at his best when Alex True was centering him early in the year, probably no coincidence there. I think in a previous thread I said he reminded me of when Barclay Goodrow was with the Barracuda. He's nothing flashy, but he'll get you some points.

Reactions: NiWa

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's hard to call any of the Barracuda lines 1st/2nd/etc last season. Sommer liked to take a top 9 and jumble them around, switched them up on a regular basis. Perron was the Barracuda's top scorer for the first couple months of the season, he was on a tear. He tailed off a bit somewhere around the start of the new year, but he was still a solid enough contributor. He'll get physical enough. Can't say he's a hard hitter or anything, but he'll get into the dirty areas. Played the power play and now and then on the PK.

He's a talented player at the AHL level and he can produce a lot with the right linemates there. I think he was at his best when Alex True was centering him early in the year, probably no coincidence there. I think in a previous thread I said he reminded me of when Barclay Goodrow was with the Barracuda. He's nothing flashy, but he'll get you some points.

Thank you. That's the kind of review I was looking for. I take it he is not the driver of his line, but does well with the right linemates. Go figure, LOL.

Our brain trust doesn't seem to agree with this analysis for prospects. Haven't had a group of quality centers in 5 years to work with the wing prospects and then they can't figure out why the kids don't develop.

Reactions: NiWa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is that the elusive Cam MacIntyre? :sarcasm:

Nope. He has no listed pro seasons after his second (and last) turn in teal in 11-12 (almost like he never really existed at all!!!! :scared:)

It would appear that is San Antonio Rampage forward Bobby MacIntyre, who is of no relation (obviously, given that he can't be related to a mythical collective fever dream)

EDIT: I know you're just joking, but I felt like being educational.

I also don't feel like going and getting a link to a "the more you know" image.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Can anyone tell me what a projected lineup could look like this year? Will the rookies get alot of ice time? How well should the Cuda expect to do? I'm excited to see how the CHL guys and Ferraro do with a full season in the AHL.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Can anyone tell me what a projected lineup could look like this year? Will the rookies get alot of ice time? How well should the Cuda expect to do? I'm excited to see how the CHL guys and Ferraro do with a full season in the AHL.

I'll take a crack at the forwards. There are a lot of them! Barracuda tend to equally roll four lines so while rookies will get ice time, they aren't going to be getting 20 minutes a night. Very young lineup with forwards to go with good experience at D and G. So overall should have a solid team.

I'm assuming Gambrell, Suomella, and Brodzinksi will be Sharks (simply based on # of NHL games played to date) but of course this part is all up in this air.

WCW
Line 1KellmanTrueHalbgewachs
Line 2YurtaikinGregorBlichfeld
Line 3BergmannChmelevskiCheckhovich
Line 4McCarthyLetunovViel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Others:
Dahlen (was mentioned a while back he might be looking to play in Europe)
Wiederer
Weinger
McGrew (juniors?)
Gallant (juniors?)
Vela (ECHL?)
Kosorenkov (ECHL?)

Am I missing anyone???

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I'll take a crack at the forwards. There are a lot of them! Barracuda tend to equally roll four lines so while rookies will get ice time, they aren't going to be getting 20 minutes a night. Very young lineup with forwards to go with good experience at D and G. So overall should have a solid team.

I'm assuming Gambrell, Suomella, and Brodzinksi will be Sharks (simply based on # of NHL games played to date) but of course this part is all up in this air.

WCW
Line 1KellmanTrueHalbgewachs
Line 2YurtaikinGregorBlichfeld
Line 3BergmannChmelevskiCheckhovich
Line 4McCarthyLetunovViel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Others:
Dahlen (was mentioned a while back he might be looking to play in Europe)
Wiederer
Weinger
McGrew (juniors?)
Gallant (juniors?)
Vela (ECHL?)
Kosorenkov (ECHL?)

Am I missing anyone???
Gallant should be on the Cuda, unless the Petes use an overage spot on him (idk if he qualifies). If he does return to the Petes, maybe him and Merkley can become tight lol. I think that lineup looks pretty solid, and I am really exctied to see Blichfeld, Gregor, and the Ch-twins play.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Gallant should be on the Cuda, unless the Petes use an overage spot on him (idk if he qualifies). If he does return to the Petes, maybe him and Merkley can become tight lol. I think that lineup looks pretty solid, and I am really exctied to see Blichfeld, Gregor, and the Ch-twins play.
DW stated Gallant is returning to the Pete’s

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
I hope Dahlen at least shows up to camp to compete for a spot before committing to Europe. Great opportunity at the wing position this year.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I hope Dahlen at least shows up to camp to compete for a spot before committing to Europe. Great opportunity at the wing position this year.

There was an article that came out after the one saying he was joining Timra where Dahlen says they'd been in contact with Timra, but his agent is denying that he's going back to Sweden. Timra has also been relegated to second division in Sweden, and that's mentioned as a reason why it may not happen with that team.

Google Translate isn't great, but the original article's here:

Jonathan Dahlén: ”Jag tror att San Jose vill ha mig därborta”

"- No, it hadn't gone. I have a contract and now Timrå is not in SHL so then it is not on the wallpaper anyway. I think San Jose wants me over there regardless, says 21-year-old." (from Google translate)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
There was an article that came out after the one saying he was joining Timra where Dahlen says they'd been in contact with Timra, but his agent is denying that he's going back to Sweden. Timra has also been relegated to second division in Sweden, and that's mentioned as a reason why it may not happen with that team.

Google Translate isn't great, but the original article's here:

Jonathan Dahlén: ”Jag tror att San Jose vill ha mig därborta”

"- No, it hadn't gone. I have a contract and now Timrå is not in SHL so then it is not on the wallpaper anyway. I think San Jose wants me over there regardless, says 21-year-old." (from Google translate)
Good to know, thanks for posting. I really don’t think he should go back to Sweden now. He hasn’t spent much time with San Jose yet and he could be in a great position to get some NHL games this year.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

It's kind of a disappointing schedule this year.

Lot of small quibbles I have with it, but the big one is that the Barracuda only play against seven teams all season long: the six other teams in their division and the Iowa Wild. Even fewer than we had last year (9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad