Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'll take a crack at the forwards. There are a lot of them! Barracuda tend to equally roll four lines so while rookies will get ice time, they aren't going to be getting 20 minutes a night. Very young lineup with forwards to go with good experience at D and G. So overall should have a solid team.

I'm assuming Gambrell, Suomella, and Brodzinksi will be Sharks (simply based on # of NHL games played to date) but of course this part is all up in this air.

WCW
Line 1KellmanTrueHalbgewachs
Line 2YurtaikinGregorBlichfeld
Line 3BergmannChmelevskiCheckhovich
Line 4McCarthyLetunovViel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Others:
Dahlen (was mentioned a while back he might be looking to play in Europe)
Wiederer
Weinger
McGrew (juniors?)
Gallant (juniors?)
Vela (ECHL?)
Kosorenkov (ECHL?)

Am I missing anyone???

Defense is going to be interesting.

NHL (2-way) contracts: Roy, Sund, Ferraro, Jacob Middleton
AHL contracts: Gregoire, Keaton Middleton
Unsigned: Wood, DeSimone

With Prout and Heed re-signed, I don't see any of these guys really be on the Sharks roster unless we trade Dillon. I am guessing we re-sign atleast DeSimone.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Zero risk taking him and an ahl contract means it doesn’t count toward the 50.

They bit now have the number 1-2 in The WHL in both goals and points. At 6’, 205lb he’s not undersized like a halbgewachs. Add in Chekhovich a top 2 scorer in the Q and the sharks are stacked with high level junior performers. I guess the only question is whether it can translate to the pro game...

I’ll keep an eye on him at camp...

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Maybe the Sharks plan on sending players like Chekhovich and Chmelevski back to juniors?

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Maybe the Sharks plan on sending players like Chekhovich and Chmelevski back to juniors?

Zero chance of that.. likely one makes the team from camp (my money is on Chekhovich)

This signing is and ahl/echl target for now... he’ll get a short look in camp perhaps, but like viel, Martin, Gregoir, weinger or the like, he’ll start as a depth cuda guy and have to work up the charts with good play. No doubt he’ll get a little look but it’s gunna be tough to get major cuda time and he’ll need to take advantage of what little he gets. Still 113 points with 53 goals doesn’t suck...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

No. Both are 20, so would count against 50 limit. (Currently 47 plus three slideable, and that's not counting Thornton and/or Marleau signings. DW likes more flexibility; wouldn't be surprised to see someone traded before camp, or season start.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad