Barracuda News and Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Meier is really good but goddamn, he needs to stop taking moronic minor penalties. He takes 2+ undisciplined penalties per game-- A roughing and slashing call each already tonight.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Meier is really good but goddamn, he needs to stop taking moronic minor penalties. He takes 2+ undisciplined penalties per game-- A roughing and slashing call each already tonight.

Which is odd considering he barely got any penalties in the Q.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would not be surprised if Meier got called up if Hertl's gonna be out a while. He's ready. A few more weeks in the AHL would probably do him some good but he's ready if we need him.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Anyone else look ready?

No one that is realistically going to get called up and actually play (Carpenter, Ryan). Heed looked pretty good from what I saw tonight and Sorensen seems to be improving a little but neither are NHL-ready. Mueller is mediocre.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
No one that is realistically going to get called up and actually play (Carpenter, Ryan). Heed looked pretty good from what I saw tonight and Sorensen seems to be improving a little but neither are NHL-ready. Mueller is mediocre.

Goldobin or O'Regan look good?

Intent

Dec 30, 2015
San Jose
First Cuda game I watched this year. Timo is really good, he would have more points if his line mates finished more efficiently, but his all round game looks good. O'Regan was pretty good, but IMO he needs more time. He is one of the guys that tries to do too much, and at the AHL level, it's a turnover. In the NHL it's goals against. Goldobin I really liked, with the puck he is so composed and creative, he does need to shoot more though. I also thought he was much more consistent in his efforts. There were still lapses in the game where he lost his man and such, but he was actively forechecking and heading to the corners, as well as hauling ass back to defend. He's another guy that I think would have more points if his line mates could capitalize.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Goldobin or O'Regan look good?

O'Regan was okay. Goldobin is 100% the type of player whose play improves drastically disproportionally to an improvement in linemates (that is to say he plays 10 times better with twice as good linemates), so playing with guys like Blackwell is really hurting him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Grosenick leaves game in Bakersfield injured, replaced by Armalis.

Thinking that Murray will be recalled for Friday's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad