Barracuda News and Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Goldobin really hasn't done anything since Labanc was called up. Has he not been playing well, or just not getting on the scoresheet?

Havent had a chance to watch much but i caught some periods here and there. It seemed more like the problem of a skilled playmaker having his great passes not turn into goals cuz linemates can't finish. He's been good for the most part I think.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Goldobin really hasn't done anything since Labanc was called up. Has he not been playing well, or just not getting on the scoresheet?

Bad linemates. It's not that they aren't finishing or anything, but Goldobin needs someone to be on his level to succeed. It's really annoying that he doesn't get to play with Carpenter or even Meier. Goldobin would do more for the Sorensen-O'Regan-Meier line than Sorensen does.

Goldobin scored .75 PPG as a 20 year old in the AHL last year. Anyone thinking he's a product of LaBanc somehow is funny.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Bad linemates. It's not that they aren't finishing or anything, but Goldobin needs someone to be on his level to succeed. It's really annoying that he doesn't get to play with Carpenter or even Meier. Goldobin would do more for the Sorensen-O'Regan-Meier line than Sorensen does.

Goldobin scored .75 PPG as a 20 year old in the AHL last year. Anyone thinking he's a product of LaBanc somehow is funny.

lol. Always a reason to say he is a gem. Ba...ba...BUST!

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
As if you've ever seen him play outside of the NHL. Your opinion on Goldobin is absolutely meaningless.

Before the streak ended, we discussed it ending. And right on queue it came to a halt. I've watched enough to know Goldobin literally didn't move for 15s in the defensive zone a goal or two back. And yet for his defensive failings, for an offensive wizard, keeping pace with Barclay Goodrow and Bryan Lerg in point totals is perhaps even more atrocious.

Imagine if this kid wasn't a 1st round pick. Kevin Labanc got almost no discussion coming up, and yet here he is in the NHL. But no one gave two flags before hand since he went in the sixth. But ya'll care way to much about draft pedigree to have a real discussion.

Goldobin is given opportunity after opportunity to succeed, and he falters every single time. Every single time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Before the streak ended, we discussed it ending. And right on queue it came to a halt. I've watched enough to know Goldobin literally didn't move for 15s in the defensive zone a goal or two back. And yet for his defensive failings, for an offensive wizard, keeping pace with Barclay Goodrow and Bryan Lerg in point totals is perhaps even more atrocious.

Imagine if this kid wasn't a 1st round pick. Kevin Labanc got almost no discussion coming up, and yet here he is in the NHL. But no one gave two flags before hand since he went in the sixth. But ya'll care way to much about draft pedigree to have a real discussion.

Goldobin is given opportunity after opportunity to succeed, and he falters every single time. Every single time.

You're so quick to the trigger to call him a bust that you're not capable of having a real discussion either. Your reasoning for it is shallow. We all know this. Saying Goldobin has been given every opportunity to succeed is specious. To say the opportunities he has been given that he has faltered every single time is a flat out lie. Playing in the AHL is an opportunity and he is succeeding in terms of production.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

What opportunity? Last year he played on a ****** Barracuda team. This year he played with good linemates and had good amount of success. They took those linemates aways and gave him crappy ones, and his production dropped.

Honestly, I am not quite sure why they do not give him better linemates.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What opportunity? Last year he played on a ****** Barracuda team. This year he played with good linemates and had good amount of success. They took those linemates aways and gave him crappy ones, and his production dropped.

Honestly, I am not quite sure why they do not give him better linemates.

He really should be on that O'Regan line. Kinda hate to give Chartier the short end of the stick here but load up that top line Sommer.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY

I wasn't insinuating he was a product of LaBanc, was simply asking if he wasn't playing as well, but I don't think you were targeting me with that statement. I was more thinking that maybe he's upset he hasn't been called up and has been playing without confidence.

I think Goldobin has a significantly higher ceiling than Labanc but who knows if he'll achieve it with SJ.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I wasn't insinuating he was a product of LaBanc, was simply asking if he wasn't playing as well, but I don't think you were targeting me with that statement. I was more thinking that maybe he's upset he hasn't been called up and has been playing without confidence.

I think Goldobin has a significantly higher ceiling than Labanc but who knows if he'll achieve it with SJ.

I doubt he's upset enough to risk his chance at playing in the NHL. Zach was pretty down on Goldobin over the summer but he's had some favorable tweets the last week.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I doubt he's upset enough to risk his chance at playing in the NHL. Zach was pretty down on Goldobin over the summer but he's had some favorable tweets the last week.

Still a no for goldobin with the joes for the same reasons boedker is a no.

Goldobin has the ability in my opinion to make the couture/donskoi line a very scary line if they can find chemistry with each other.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Still a no for goldobin with the joes for the same reasons boedker is a no.

Goldobin has the ability in my opinion to make the couture/donskoi line a very scary line if they can find chemistry with each other.

I agree, Goldobin with Couture and Donskoi could be good.

I was just using the tweets to show that there probably aren't attitude problems leading to him playing badly since somebody else thinks that he's been playing well.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Round-up:

Meier is up to 10 points in 12, counting the first few in which is was still getting back into game shape. He should be in the NHL ASAP, IMO.

Tim Heed hovering around a PPG. Pretty impressive for a defenseman, but from what I've seen he hasn't exactly been taking over games and he is 25 years old.

Sorensen, IMO, has not been as good as we all hoped.

O'Regan is still lighting up the score-sheet.

Goldobin is still playing well.

Bergman is playing a lot better than last year.

Ryan is still steady, should be given an NHL chance, etc.

Neither goaltender looks like a future NHLer right now.

Chartier probably needs another year at least.

Mueller looks like be belongs in the AHL. I mean that in a positive and negative way.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Round-up:

Meier is up to 10 points in 12, counting the first few in which is was still getting back into game shape. He should be in the NHL ASAP, IMO.

Tim Heed hovering around a PPG. Pretty impressive for a defenseman, but from what I've seen he hasn't exactly been taking over games and he is 25 years old.

Sorensen, IMO, has not been as good as we all hoped.

O'Regan is still lighting up the score-sheet.

Goldobin is still playing well.

Bergman is playing a lot better than last year.

Ryan is still steady, should be given an NHL chance, etc.

Neither goaltender looks like a future NHLer right now.

Chartier probably needs another year at least.

Mueller looks like be belongs in the AHL. I mean that in a positive and negative way.

What isn't he doing well? Is he still adjusting or is there just not that much there?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I think he's a case of "feet are too fast for his brain". But he has been improving lately so I'm definitely not writing him off.

Has Jevpalovs shown anything? So many of us had modest hopes for him, and ending up in Allen last season destroyed those.

Sidebar: I occasionally check out Sadowy with Grand Rapids. He has 0 points in 7 games with 6 sog, and is often a healthy scratch.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Has Jevpalovs shown anything? So many of us had modest hopes for him, and ending up in Allen last season destroyed those.

Sidebar: I occasionally check out Sadowy with Grand Rapids. He has 0 points in 7 games with 6 sog, and is often a healthy scratch.

Jevpalovs is bad. If he ever makes the NHL, I'll eat my hat. And you can hold me to that. I've seen him get time on the Goodrow-Carpenter line and yeesh. It's ugly.

I can't say I'm shocked about Sadowy. He never had a good enough offensive skillset that he was a notable NHL prospect in my mind. He could be a 4th liner one day if everything works out, but who even cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad