Barracuda News and Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I just watched the highlights from Sunday's game and O'Regan looks good. I wonder if he'll get a call up at some point this season. He was always kind of an unknown since he played 4 years of college and I wasn't sure how well his game would translate to the pros.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Looks like Goodrow got a hat trick on Friday.

Timo has 3 pts in 6 games - not a bad start to a pro career. I do find his 9 minor penalties in the same 6 game span to be slightly worrying though...

Heed also seems like one to watch. Over a PPG as a defenseman. Only a 1 year contract, so hopefully he gets a shot with the big club this year.

Yeah, it is usually a really good sign when a defenseman can put up big numbers in the AHL. He's an RFA after the season, too...

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I just watched the highlights from Sunday's game and O'Regan looks good. I wonder if he'll get a call up at some point this season. He was always kind of an unknown since he played 4 years of college and I wasn't sure how well his game would translate to the pros.

Sort of random, but in addition to the Eichel connection - they were line mates for a while - but he was also good friends with Vesey growing up. Because of him we actually have a solid college cohort brewing, with McNally, Blackwell, and I think another that I am forgetting. Even if they don't put up huge numbers, I think those sorts of college athletes are good to have in any development program.

Fresnel

Sep 24, 2015
great deal I may have to sneak of of work early some Friday. I managed to go to the two rampage games last weekend. I spent way more on food and beer then the tickets

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Oh ****...that line is heating up now.

Imagine if Labanc was still with the team.

I'm still in shock that the Sharks now actually have a good AHL club. Not just with the forwards but defence too. At this point, I want the Sharks to grab a top goalie prospect in the draft since they haven't coached up a guy to starter quality since Strelow passed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Oh ****...that line is heating up now.

Imagine if Labanc was still with the team.

I'm still in shock that the Sharks now actually have a good AHL club. Not just with the forwards but defence too. At this point, I want the Sharks to grab a top goalie prospect in the draft since they haven't coached up a guy to starter quality since Strelow passed.

Too bad they've never drafted a goalie before the 3rd round.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Sorensen scores the Barracuda's second goal from Meier and O'Regan. 2-0 after 2.

O'Regan lost an assist in the 8-5 games against Texas, so he's got 10 points, one behind Goldobin for the team lead.

Last edited:

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
The Barracuda are just demolishing the Rampage today and I love it! Kevin Lacy and Zach DeVine have been providing game updates on Twitter since Nollenberger seems to have dropped off the face of the planet.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
The Barracuda are just demolishing the Rampage today and I love it! Kevin Lacy and Zach DeVine have been providing game updates on Twitter since Nollenberger seems to have dropped off the face of the planet.

Two points for Meier, three for Sorensen. Good to see.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Dan O'Regan is very good. I'm stoked to see him putting up points.

Same.

I'm always going to have reservations about his ability to play in the NHL at his height (especially because he's certainly not as dynamic of a skater as 5-foot-8 guys need to be to play in the NHL), but what he is doing is absolutely awesome.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Joakim Ryan has 30 (!) shots now in 9 games (3.33 per game)
Last year he had 91 shots in 66 games (1.38 per game)

Julius Bergman has 23 shots now in 9 games (2.56 per game)
Last year he had 56 shots in 60 games (0.93 per game)

Certainly an indicator in a change in tempo and possession from last years team.

Episkey

Nitrox
Mar 12, 2013
California
Yeah, O'Regan has been fantastic. Good to see Meier and Sorensen getting their feet under them and producing. This Barracuda team is exciting, fresh, and very good.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Joakim Ryan has 30 (!) shots now in 9 games (3.33 per game)
Last year he had 91 shots in 66 games (1.38 per game)

Julius Bergman has 23 shots now in 9 games (2.56 per game)
Last year he had 56 shots in 60 games (0.93 per game)

Certainly an indicator in a change in tempo and possession from last years team.

Heed is averaging a point a game from the blue line as well.

Nice to see Chartier tied for first on the team with 5 goals now. It's like every single young guy has really stepped up.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Yeah, O'Regan has been fantastic. Good to see Meier and Sorensen getting their feet under them and producing. This Barracuda team is exciting, fresh, and very good.

I really wish I could go to a game this year, but it's highly unlikely, unless they go far in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad