Barracuda News and Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Too bad they've never drafted a goalie before the 3rd round.

Greiss was a second round pick and has had arguably the best NHL career outside of nabby and kiprussoff.........at least IMO

Nvmd, it was the third round, my bad, either way as of now we don't have a second rounder in '17 or '18 so that trend may continue

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Save us Timo.

Hopefully Timo comes along in time for a game against Edmonton so he can make a big clean hit on Lucic or McDavid. Lucic going berserk over nothing is always funny.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Question: Who is the highest drafted goalie in Sharks history? In today's NHL, he'd be a 2nd-round pick

Hint: On first glance, you may think he is related to a Shark's fan favourite.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Kipper, one could argue, is perhaps the greatest Finnish goalie of all time. But he only hit his stride with Calgary, and Toskala only had a few really good years here before moving to Toronto. Nabokov was the only one who stayed for more than like 5 years

Disagree there. I thought Kipper showed all the signs of being a good NHL goalie on the Sharks. Toskala also showed signs of being good with the Sharks, probably more so than Kipper. Point is the Sharks groomed 3 guys who turned into NHL #1's in Kipper, Toskala, and Nabby. Hedberg was even a solid NHLer, all under Warren Strelow. He was the key ingredient in my mind.

KKurzNHL

Sep 1, 2013
It's really pathetic. I guess some people's opinions just don't change.

Boy, you guys really look for things to complain about sometimes. I said "on paper" because I haven't seen the Barracuda play this season. Did you miss the quote in that story from Roy Sommer about how this is the best he's seen Goldobin play since he's had him?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Boy, you guys really look for things to complain about sometimes. I said "on paper" because I haven't seen the Barracuda play this season. Did you miss the quote in that story from Roy Sommer about how this is the best he's seen Goldobin play since he's had him?

Well then why didn't you use that 'on paper' thing with Labanc or anyone else?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I have learned to at least try and ignore the conversations about nitpicky stuff. Then I go and participate in it anyways cuz I'm dumb.

oh don't worry, you're fine.

There's just a contingent of posters on this board that disappear when times are good and whine and moan when times are tough. You are not one of those posters.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
oh don't worry, you're fine.

There's just a contingent of posters on this board that disappear when times are good and whine and moan when times are tough. You are not one of those posters.

I show up only when times are good and disappear when we play like **** because I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. :sarcasm: /but actually

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've come to try to avoid the board when they play poorly, as I will just agree with everyone in a negative way. I kinda like to defend the team when I think they are playing well, but not getting results to balance 'the sky is falling'. Sometimes, you don't get puck luck.

And of course when things are good I like to post as well

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
My posts are usually because I am either bored at work, bored doing cardio, or finally, bored waiting for friends. Thanks for the entertainment ya'll!

Edit: bored rn waiting for the shower to heat up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
- Timo Meier is good.
- Dan Kelly is horrible.
- Gulls PBP guy sounds like he's about to pass out from excitement every time Montour touches the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad