• Eichel

• Matthews

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Ok…and Matthews scored more goals than Draisaitl as usual. Goals are way more valuable.

Matthews - 343 Games with 204 goals

Draisaitl - 488 Games with 208 goals

So yeah, almost the same goal amount with Matthews with way less games. On top of that, Draisaitl has McDavid to hold his hand.
Unfortunate that Matthews cant even score more goals so far in his career than a playmaker.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Ok…and Matthews scored more goals than Draisaitl as usual. Goals are way more valuable.

So yeah, almost the same goal amount with Matthews with way less games. On top of that, Draisaitl has McDavid to hold his hand.

Take the f***ing L already. You're doing nothing but moving goal posts to goal posts. First its moronic bias clowns like Jeff O'Neill (whom once said he wouldn't trade Matthews for McDavid) now its hur durr, Draisaitl has McDavid to hold his hand. You do realize Draisaitl has centered his line majority of the season right? By your logic, Matthews is holding Marner's hand for his success. TYPICAL leaf fans.

slapKing

Feb 12, 2020
Canada

Matthews - 155 assits

Draisaitl - 320 assists

If you want to criticize Draisaitl for his lack of goals, same can be said for Matthews' lack of assists. Currently, he as a APG of 0.45

If you look at the last 3 seasons, excluding the current season:

Matthews - 125 goals, 94 assists, 219 pts in 190 games

Draisaitl - 124 goals, 175 assists, 299 pts in 209 games

I'll take the 81 extra assists over the extra goal.

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews - 155 assits

Draisaitl - 320 assists

If you want to criticize Draisaitl for his lack of goals, same can be said for Matthews' lack of assists. Currently, he as a APG of 0.45

Who cares, we are talking about GOALS.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
His goal rate at 5v5 hasn’t actually changed from his first three seasons (without Marner) to the past two plus this one so far (with Marner). His increase can be attributed to the PP (where he always played with Marner), and an increase in minutes.
His PP goals haven’t really increased that much since about 2019 when he started getting more minutes. His numbers have actually declined every year on the PP if I’m not mistaken? I mean their PP has been awful for about a year now because it’s so predictable

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
The experts at TSN have Matthews ranked ahead of all of them.

I prefer the opinions of paid professionals rather then biased haters on HF.

Last time I checked Drai has won a hart and Lindsay and was 1st AST, something paid professionals (media and players) voted on. Let me know when paid professionals give Matthews enough votes to win a hart or a lindsay or 1st AST.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The only people who assume that Drai is a product of McDavid don’t watch the Oilers play.

Drai plays on McDavids Left, or he centers the second line with Nuge and Yamamoto. From the games I’ve watched I think he’s played more away from McDavid than with him.

Drai also opens up space for McDavid. He’s not just some passenger leetching off McDavid. Dude creates plays from nothing. He’s such an underrated player in my opinion.

If he played for the Leafs or Habs he’d be superior in every way to McDavid. :laugh:

Suggesting Drai is a better player than Matthews isn’t a knock on Matthews. Austin is a beast. But we’re comparing a terrific goal scorer to a terrific, more balanced and productive hockey player.

Some of you Leafs fans are very sensitive. Hell, you don’t see Panthers fans getting their panties in a bunch over this with Barkov, who I’d take over AM as well.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
AM does two things at a better rate than Drai.

Goal scoring.

And dress like a complete dumbass.
66e470fd1c99e6fbf96127a258ada19f.jpg

SHARP_004.jpg

IMG_9429_693x.JPG

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Barkov is maybe the most overrated player in the league on these boards. Guy never accomplishes anything.

Not that any of them have when it comes to winning, but he doesn't even put up particularly good numbers.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
The only people who assume that Drai is a product of McDavid don’t watch the Oilers play.

Drai plays on McDavids Left, or he centers the second line with Nuge and Yamamoto. From the games I’ve watched I think he’s played more away from McDavid than with him.

Drai also opens up space for McDavid. He’s not just some passenger leetching off McDavid. Dude creates plays from nothing. He’s such an underrated player in my opinion.

If he played for the Leafs or Habs he’d be superior in every way to McDavid. :laugh:

Suggesting Drai is a better player than Matthews isn’t a knock on Matthews. Austin is a beast. But we’re comparing a terrific goal scorer to a terrific, more balanced and productive hockey player.

Some of you Leafs fans are very sensitive. Hell, you don’t see Panthers fans getting their panties in a bunch over this with Barkov, who I’d take over AM as well.

Drai plays with McDavid only on PP.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Barkov is maybe the most overrated player in the league on these boards. Guy never accomplishes anything.

Not that any of them have when it comes to winning, but he doesn't even put up particularly good numbers.

Never accomplishes anything? He just won the Selke while scoring well over a point per game. He's also got a career high of 96 points, something two of the other three players in this poll haven't achieved yet.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Never accomplishes anything? He just won the Selke while scoring well over a point per game. He's also got a career high of 96 points, something two of the other three players in this poll haven't achieved yet.

+1...
1) Draisaitl
2) Barkov
3) Matthews
4) Eichel

Syyncrow

Dec 16, 2017
Edmonton plays in the weakest division in the NHL. When Toronto played in the garbage Canadian division last season, they ****ing torched the Oilers. They also won the division.

The Oilers duo would not be putting up points against teams like Tampa and Boston.

last year in the same division Draisaitl torched Matthews point totals

Draisaitl 84 points (more than Matthews career high in a full season)
Matthews 66 points.

yikesssss

stop your going to make his brain explode using his own logic.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Those paid “professionals” are blatant Leaf homers. I can’t believe this is an argument you are actually using. Listen to Johnson and Hayes on the Draisaitl discussion with Petrillo and “O-Dog” if you want some actual non biased discussions. Petrillo and “O-Dog” are hilariously biased

No need for “___________” at professionals. Just highlight the word PAID and ask who is paying? Who is the audience?

Reactions: 4EDM14OIL93

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Matthews - 155 assits

Draisaitl - 320 assists

And additionally...the 81 assists are more than AM has ever had in points in a full NHL season!
That's minimum one tier between those two players in production.
Now add Drais league best +/- since last season (including this season).
Nothing against AM...but as it is today he is not close to Drai...maybe in the future but I would not bet on it...I think AM has had his peak season last year.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
His PP goals haven’t really increased that much since about 2019 when he started getting more minutes. His numbers have actually declined every year on the PP if I’m not mistaken? I mean their PP has been awful for about a year now because it’s so predictable

I meant more in relation to his initial seasons, but yes, his PP goals have been pretty similar since ‘19. His production there has been about the same since, and the last two years the big jump has been an increase in 5v5 minutes. You could argue that his rate metrics there wouldn’t hold up over those minutes without Marner, but he likely would have scored more regardless. Like most stars, Matthews’ numbers don’t dramatically change when apart from his best linemates. Draisaitl’s do, which is why it’s brought up so much. What that means is up for debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad