Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Barkov if you value defense
Matthews if you value potential
Draisatl if you value results
Eichel if you're a Sabres fan

This comes off as me hating on Eichel but I'm not. I just don't see any reason to rank him #1 unless you're a Sabres fan. Dosn't mean I think he sucks or isn't worthy of #2 or #3 depending on your outlook/preference.

He’s more talented then draisaitl. I’m sorry but he is.

If you think Eichel wouldn’t do better with mcdavid every shift I did know what to tell you.

Draisaitl got around two thirds of his points with the help of mcdavid.

Barkov
Eichel
Matthews
Draisaitl

It rhymes and its right

Someone with some common sense.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
...because Barkov, Eichel and Matthews play with scrubs

Compared to drasaitl they absolutely do. Draisaitl plays with exactly the type of player a hard working forward with talent dreams of playing with. A playmaking center thAt is an A in all areas and an a plus in some of the most importantt ones. Eichel hasn’t had a linemate hit 65 points man. Or even a teammate do it. Skinner took the entire second half of the year off and he managed 8 goals (in the second half) while Eichel kept piling them up and they were on the same line and he’s the best linemate he’s ever had. Your comparing that and Kapanen and hunerfeau (hes great) to the best player in the game and possibly in decades?

There’s a reason that even with 50 goals and 100 pts you still see people putting a gap and then draisaitl and almost every draisaitl vote is from an Oiler fan. Literally every one almost. He’s not in the league of the others and if he was he would of been able to anchor a second line in one of the hundred chances he had to do it. It’s not like he had to face hard defenders considering they were already on against mcdavid. I don’t care who his wingers were the other three carry teams draisaitl couldn’t carry a second line....

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Compared to drasaitl they absolutely do. Draisaitl plays with exactly the type of player a hard working forward with talent dreams of playing with. A playmaking center thAt is an A in all areas and an a plus in some of the most importantt ones. Eichel hasn’t had a linemate hit 65 points man. Or even a teammate do it. Skinner took the entire second half of the year off and he managed 8 goals (in the second half) while Eichel kept piling them up and they were on the same line and he’s the best linemate he’s ever had. Your comparing that and Kapanen and hunerfeau (hes great) to the best player in the game and possibly in decades?

There’s a reason that even with 50 goals and 100 pts you still see people putting a gap and then draisaitl and almost every draisaitl vote is from an Oiler fan. Literally every one almost. He’s not in the league of the others and if he was he would of been able to anchor a second line in one of the hundred chances he had to do it. It’s not like he had to face hard defenders considering they were already on against mcdavid. I don’t care who his wingers were the other three carry teams draisaitl couldn’t carry a second line....

You're referring to Jack Eichel, right?

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
You're referring to Jack Eichel, right?

Yes, that’s right. Jack Eichel. The only player in the top 25 in scoring this year who didn’t have a linemate (or a single teammate) get Higher then 65 points.

By the way avs fan

Career PPG
Eichel 0 91
Mackinnon 0.88

That’s even with eichels unfortunate circumstances and and Mackinnon having the luxury of a Career PPG winger who helped double Mack’s production.

But keep talking about how Eichel sucks and all this stuff. Based on watching him those whole three times.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Barkov
Matthews
Eichel

Draisaitl

Man, if these guys are all tiers above a 50 goal, 55 assist scorer, they must be putting up 150 points a season.

Oh? You have a kid who can't stay healthy for a season and has never cracked 80 points?
A player who finally hit over PPG in his 4th season in the NHL?

Barkov is a solid two way player, he's a tier above - not going to argue this one.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh? You have a kid who can't stay healthy for a season and has never cracked 80 points?
Wow I was right that once Matthews got 70 points (73 This season) others would say that's great but he's never got 80 points.

He also played all 82 games in his rookie season, so you were wrong about him never being healthy for a full season.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Wow I was right that once Matthews got 70 points (73 This season) others would say that's great but he's never got 80 points.

He also played all 82 games in his rookie season, so you were wrong about him never being healthy for a full season.
Wow, what praise for a first overall pick who your fan base embarrassingly touted as better than McDavid.

Score 50, then you can talk about how he's in Draisaitl's league.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Wow, what praise for a first overall pick who your fan base embarrassingly touted as better than McDavid.

Look prior to this season all the Matthews haters said he's never hot 70 points. He gets 73 points this season and people like you move the needle saying big deal he never had 80 points. If he gets that number next season will it than be he's never hit 90 points?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
He’s more talented then draisaitl. I’m sorry but he is.

If you think Eichel wouldn’t do better with mcdavid every shift I did know what to tell you.

Is he the most talented of the 4?

My point is that he's not number one whichever way you slice it. I never even said Draisatl was more tale Ted so idk what you're even getting at.

Reactions: Anichels

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yes, that’s right. Jack Eichel. The only player in the top 25 in scoring this year who didn’t have a linemate (or a single teammate) get Higher then 65 points.

By the way avs fan

Career PPG
Eichel 0 91
Mackinnon 0.88

That’s even with eichels unfortunate circumstances and and Mackinnon having the luxury of a Career PPG winger who helped double Mack’s production.

But keep talking about how Eichel sucks and all this stuff. Based on watching him those whole three times.

What? I was just saying Eichel is the best player in the world.

No shit he's better than Mackinnon, he benefits from playing with Rantanen. Same with Mcdavid who benefits playing with Draisaitl, or Barkov with Huberdeau. Eichel would be putting up more points and easily establish himself #1 if he had better talent to play with. Would you like me to put it in simpler terms to make it more understandable?

Eichel is the best player in the world. Therefore,
Eichel > Mackinnon, which means,
Eichel is better than Mackinnon.

Reactions: AegonLeConqueror

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

By the way avs fan

Career PPG
Eichel 0 91
Mackinnon 0.88

I hate to break it to you, but Eichel isn’t even top five of his position, let alone one of the bestest players ever this decade.

But keep telling yourself that lol

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
I hate to break it to you, but Eichel isn’t even top five of his position, let alone one of the bestest players ever this decade.

But keep telling yourself that lol

I’m glad you broke that to me.

Meh, being a top five center in the NHL isn’t exactly easy with mcdavid and Crosby and all, I think he’s as talented as one even if he isn’t a consensus top five and once buffalo gets better (if it happens) he gets more support continues to grow and gets more exposure (playoffs, seen by more people) I’m sure he will be soon enough.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

Toronto sports didn’t just call Matthews better then mcdavid they caked it “the debate” like it was some great debate all the way until November. Yes, Matthews has like a goal a game almost to that point but it was stillness ridiculous. No one took it seriously.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Is he the most talented of the 4?

My point is that he's not number one whichever way you slice it. I never even said Draisatl was more tale Ted so idk what you're even getting at.

Other then skating In a straight line please tell us what Eichel can do with a puck to hang in Draisaitls league.

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Draisaitl/Barkov
Matthews
Eichel

Drai and Barkov have proven more in the NHL. Matthews and EIchel have higher ceilings. But actual production>potential.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Look prior to this season all the Matthews haters said he's never hot 70 points. He gets 73 points this season and people like you move the needle saying big deal he never had 80 points. If he gets that number next season will it than be he's never hit 90 points?

For 11.6 mil he should get more than 90

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Barkov was a few years away from hitting ppg when he was the same age as matthews
Matthews defensive game hasn't improved at all since entering the league while Barkov's has always been very good to elite. Matthews is a bit better offensively, but Barkov is significantly better defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad