• Eichel

• Matthews

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Don’t blame me for all this Data when you make such a ridiculous claim. Because surely not only should he be responsible for himself in his first few years on an awful team but he should also develop the powers of Christ and raise up the dead weight on his team. No one easily scores over 65 points if there not an elite talent in this league so not sure what you’re saying there. As for making his teammates better, why make a claim that he doesent when the numbers so clearly point to him doing JUST that?

Skinner 32 goals by Mid late January before his personal game dropped off meanwhole Eichel still produced points, he (Skinner) just stopped playing in the second half and there’s only so much Eichel could do about that, go see how many tap ins he had if you don’t believe me or watch how many times he pointed to Eichel with a smile on his face like a kid on Xmas morning after each goal in that first half.

Evander Kane in 17-18 to start the season when paired with Eichel had 16 goals and 36 points in 41 games with Eichel, after that when taken off his line he only scored 3, yes 3 goals and 5 assists in his next 24 games before being moved without Eichel when placed with ROR on the second line. He even went 19 games in a row without a goal during that span! You’re going to tell me that’s not a dramatic difference? Eichel managed 33 percent of his teams entire offense on a team that scored a league low 173 goals (outside him) despite missing nearly 25 percent of the season! This was coming back from a second ankle injury averaging 0.95 PPG in just his third season as a 21 year old. He also averaged 0.95 PPG the year before as 19-20 year old kid following another serious high ankle sprain with 57 in 61 before 64 in 67 without any puck moving d or any other offensive support.

You can definitely say his teammates would have over 65 but given all of these circumstances it’s a miracle he was On Pace for more then that the last three seasons (79,80 and 88) projections and projections Matter when you’ve played in at least 57 in all three.

Also an aging Pominville and Conor Sheary, the only time either guy got the majority of their goals was with Jack Eichel, wHe they left his line their offense went absolutely
No where Unless later in the year they were out back with him for a few games. Same thing happened with Girgensens and Rodrigues the year before. Skinner didn’t even play with Jack until his sixth game against LA, the first time he was paired with Eichel he got a hat trick after no goals in his first five games without him He would score 9 goals in his first 6 games with Eichel overall. Connor Sheary also was the guy who went down when skinner got called up in his place in that LA game
and his production went from 3 goals in those first 5 games and a couple assists to one goal and 2 assists in his next ten games. And not much else after that the rest of the way like six goals and five assists approx the rest of the entire season, the next 65ish games.

Now are all these things just one massive coincidence or does he just massively just make his linemates better!?

Kind of hard to turn a Frog into a prince when you’ve only played more then 77 games once in your career and under 67 twice, as far as getting his teammates more then 65 points go especially when your team has no depth scoring or puck moving D from the back end. (We JUST got dahlin) so you can blame Eichel for his teammates not getting over 65 points but givenall of that it’s a miracle he’s put up 201 in 203 without that other talent. Hell In five seasons never put up more then 62 pts and only above 52 points ONCE until he got puck moving D and a superstar winger. No one cares about
This though and they pretend it doesent matter anymore.

Keep trying to spin it like it’s eichels fault his team doesent have a goalie, puck moving d, depth scoring or legit top line talent for nearly all of his four year tenure in the
NHL or that he hasn’t been hurt and played like an elite superstar during his entire duration either.

Not sure what’ you’re grope was because I even put Barkov just above Jack despite him having a much better top six so not sure why you feel the need to say this? Now that you’ve learned some facts if you even read what I said above maybe you’ll recognize things differently. Maybe you won’t. I don’t care either way. Like I said, for HIS talent level, he’s BY FAR the most under appreciated talent in the league.

Underrated? No. I always mention the likes of 3 panthers ironically enough but under appreciated, most fans haven’t watched him play much at all. When he makes the playoffs one day and eyes go on him people will be on here talking about how he’s emerged as this top center and how good he is now, and it’s just funny because that happened at the start of this year and he’s always been that way. Not everyone pays attention though. Where you are maters.

People in this thread obviously think draisaitl would put more points with
Mcdavid then Eichel, let then. They one watch.

Tldr Eichel sucks.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
1.Matthews
2.Drai / Barkov

4. Eichel

You’re the one making a fool of yourself not me. Barkov and Eichel are considerably better then me I need mcdavid, when hitch and McClellan tried me on the second line I couldn’t produce. I don’t care who his linemates were the other three produce on the Florida panthers with human and
Brown or girgnensens and Rodrigues at times against the best competition. Draisaitl has a good
Year. Take him away from the leagues best
Player he’s just another forward.

You just want a rise out of me bit if you read the TL DR there’s numerous reasons who Eichel fomonatees him.

Only
Reason he’s got more votes is Canadian bias honeymoon period and Eichel is the under
The opposite circumstances. Draisaitl couldn’t lace his skates..

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Wow so I guess Seth Jones is worth more than any of these guys? Even Makar according to some lol
That was one person though. I'm pretty sure he said that based on team needs. We need Makar more than Matthews who would be our #2C while Makar will potentially be our #1D that's not a knock on Matthews if Makar would've done what he did with the Leafs boy imagine the number of threads that would've followed.

As for the thread I would probably go with :
Barkov
Eichel
Draisaitl
Matthews

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

So? Should I post eichels
Five point game against mcdavid while he sat there silly looking helpless getting shutout. Even though he had Leon draisaitl the man who walks on water?

Everyone takes their hits. Big deal.

There’s a clip off Matthews behind his net with the puck and Eichel swiftly undressing him taking it off his blade on his own end then proceeding to dance past two leafs dmen in front of the net before being filthy sliding it by Freddy.

Does that mean Matthews sucks at being a defensive forward and Eichel owns matthews. No. But it happened. Not all of us cherry pick three seconds of life and post it with no words.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
You just don't understand how to assess hockey talent like I do. Watch more hockey eventually you'll see what everyone else sees.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
You just don't understand how to assess hockey talent like I do. Watch more hockey eventually you'll see what everyone else sees.

Haha, everyone else. You mean 92 percent of the boards who haven’t watched more then eight games of eichels (like actually watching his play)

For the record I watch almost every Canucks oilers leafs games, and buffalo.

Regular season it’s about

80 sabres
Canucks
55 oilers
50 leafs

10-15 of everyone Else

Given who my friends are and I’ve watched plenty of hockey going on three decades. I doubt you’ve watched as much buffalo as I do the ppl who is my fathers team and I was born on St. Albert. There actually my
Favourite western Canadian team.

But go on speaking for “everyone else” there’s nothing like having members of the board teach me about a superstar on my
Own team. It’s Just amazing education.

It’s not a bad thing to be behind three top ten centres by the way no ones saying draisaitl isn’t great. Concerning how he couldn’t anchor a secondary line (your wingers shouldn’t matter much when most people check 97), as I’ve pointed out the other three elite centres do this against
The best completion every shift on the top line, no
Matter their wingers are, and they do it without
The best player in the world serving up chance after quality chance to pop in goals five times a period.

The only everyone you’re referring to ateams still just the uninformed who have yet to watch Eichel on the grand stage. See how many jumped on Mackinnon once they saw him in the playoffs and he was putting up totals of 30, 52, 51, et c

Last edited:

Hoganer13

Mar 13, 2016
For me based on potential it is:
Matthews
Draisaitl
Barkov
Eichel

But in all honesty these are 4 great centers that could very easily be switched based on what you prefer from your top line C. There is no wrong answer in my opinion!

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Haha, everyone else. You mean 92 percent of the boards who haven’t watched more then eight games of eichels (like actually watching his play)

80 sabres
Canucks
55 oilers
50 leafs

10-15 of everyone Else

Given who my friends are and I’ve watched plenty of hockey going on three decades. I doubt you’ve watched as much buffalo as I do the ppl who is my fathers team and I was born on St. Albert. There actually my

But go on speaking for “everyone else” there’s nothing like having members of the board teach me about a superstar on my

It’s not a bad thing to be behind three top ten centres by the way no ones saying draisaitl isn’t great. Concerning how he couldn’t anchor a secondary line (your wingers shouldn’t matter much when most people check 97), as I’ve pointed out the other three elite centres do this against
The best player in the world serving up chance after quality chance to pop in goals five times a period.

The only everyone you’re referring to ateams still just the uninformed who have yet to watch Eichel on the grand stage. See how many jumped on Mackinnon once they saw him in the playoffs and he was putting up totals of 30, 52, 51, et c

:loony:
I watched 81 Sabres games
76 Canucks games
56 Oilers games
And 51 Leaf games

Plus 11-16 games of every other team so believe me I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Not even two minutes later you go from preaching that there’s no conspiracy against Eichel and then go full blown “youz a Leaf hater” mode.

Par for the course, if you don't agree with the "Leafz are greatetz at eVerYtHinG" zealots you are just a hater. Fact is, there's probably 25-30 players I'd take ahead of Glassthews if I was starting a team, its no big conspiracy.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

80 sabres
Canucks
55 oilers
50 leafs

10-15 of everyone Else

You legit said in your previous essay of a post that Draisaitl couldn’t tie his own skates without McDavid and Canadian market hype.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
I'm sure you have a bias that you wouldrank Draisaitl ahead of Matthews. However to rank Eichel ahead of Matthews is laughable because Matthews has proved he's at least better than him.

50 goals 105 points is a pretty big bias yep. Let me know when Matthews can get anywhere in that neighborhood on one of the best teams in the NHL.

Eichel and Matthews belong on the same tier, want me to edit that?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Barkov if you value defense
Matthews if you value potential
Draisatl if you value results
Eichel if you're a Sabres fan

This comes off as me hating on Eichel but I'm not. I just don't see any reason to rank him #1 unless you're a Sabres fan. Dosn't mean I think he sucks or isn't worthy of #2 or #3 depending on your outlook/preference.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
When I see the avatar @McDavidCrushedLarkin uses that tells me he has a bias against Matthews.

At least when I vote for a Maple Leafs player on any poll I'm not shy about my bias.

It’s hilarious seeing someone who is so biased for their team accuse others of being biased against them, not because there’s logical reasons, naw, because they’re haterz.

You’re no different from him. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Draisaitl got around two thirds of his points with the help of mcdavid.

Barkov
Eichel
Matthews
Draisaitl

It rhymes and its right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad