• Matthews

• Draisaitl

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
But but but…. Marner sucks right. He would not even make the Oilers top line according to your fan base. So how is Marner any help?
I'm not an Oilers fan, but it is clear as day as to who drives that team. It's Marner and it is not even close. He drives the play, he gets the offense in motion. If you shut him down, you shut down the Leafs. That's what has happened the past few years come playoff time.

Matthews is more of a sniper than an all-around play-driver. He's very opportunistic. When things are going well, he will score, but his lack of playmaking and inability to carry a line has haunted the Leafs for the past 5 years and will continue to haunt them until changes are made (either to his game or the Leafs roster in general)

Reactions: Kerberos

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Also why are Leaf fans bashing Drai on his goal totals? Last time I checked, he was the only non-Ovechkin to actually hit 50 goals since 2012

So a pass-first guy hits a mark that the rest of the league hasn't been able to hit outside of the GOAT in the last 9 years (which includes a player who is held as the protegé to the GOAT based solely on his goal-scoring)

That's pretty laughable if you ask me. Imagine if Drai actually focused on scoring goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad